Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 21:34   #3691
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Got the car back just a while back. The mounts replaced, All tickety-boo. Not a penny charged.

Some before and after pictures are posted below: -

Before: -

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-mount-before.jpg

After: -

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-mount-after.jpg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-mount-after-ii.jpg
skdking is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 22:33   #3692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Got the car back just a while back. The mounts replaced, All tickety-boo. Not a penny charged.

Some before and after pictures are posted below: -
Do you have any details from HASS as to which set of VIN nos are eligible for a mount change for a car which is out of warranty ?

thanks
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 22:49   #3693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Do you have any details from HASS as to which set of VIN nos are eligible for a mount change for a car which is out of warranty ?

thanks
No. This I do not have. If it helps then I can tell you that my car was mfd in Sep 2007.

I feel that if you contact the showroom MD for the issue, talk authoritatively, and explain your predicament you will get an instant yes/no answer.

No harm in trying hard.

These mounts do cost a pretty packet.

P.S - And yes Sumeet, just a while ago I posted a querry for you re car insurance. Can I request you, and others, to go through it. The link is

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2903958

Last edited by skdking : 14th September 2012 at 23:07.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2012, 00:36   #3694
BHPian

Hey the ICE bug has again bit me and my civic, am going in for full Dynamat extreme damping of the front doors and rear parcel tray.

Wanted to know is there any way to get RCA outputs from main board of the STOCK HU ?
Just love the 6-CD changer and dont want to let go of it and also the complete stock looks.
Old 15th September 2012, 19:39   #3695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
]
Congrats skdking
One side I feel very happy with Honda as they are encouraging warranty even after five years but on other side I think Honda should have a clear take on the same. Since customers who fight get the warranty while others are charged.

Atleast teambhp made us assertive
autofreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 13:23   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak View Post
Congrats skdking
One side I feel very happy with Honda as they are encouraging warranty even after five years but on other side I think Honda should have a clear take on the same. Since customers who fight get the warranty while others are charged.

Atleast teambhp made us assertive
Thanks autofreak. Agree with you 100%. Policy needs to be the same across the board. That is not the case in India, sadly.

That was about the engine mounts. I have another issue with my Civic.

The leather(?) trimming on the right front door armrest is unravelling by itself.

I am surprised that it is made not out of leather (though it is a Civic VMT) but some rexine like material. Cutting corners, Honda?

Till now it is so only in patches (as can be seen in the photos below) but the problem may get compounded if not nipped soon.

I tried using Fevicol for sticking the loose pieces back to the base but the relief was only temporary.

Any recommendations please?

P.S - How to dismantle this armrest so that it can be carried to a repairer? Can someone point to a DIY video link pl?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-car-door-large.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-car-door-closeup.jpg  

Old 16th September 2012, 20:46   #3697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
How much kms has your car done, and how many years/months old is it ?
Has the warranty expired?

Having done 1-lakh kms and nearing five years old I am worried that parts may start to fail in my car too.

After my 1-lakh service the car feels much better. The gear-changes are more smoother thanks to the replaced Auto-Transmission-Fluid.
Was going through earlier posts and thought of checking something I noticed during my trip to Namakkal yesterday.Found that the gear changes more frequently that it normally does.And the Gear changes are slightly more jerky.Could it be time for AT fluid change? The car is a 2010 AT Civic which has done 47750 Kms.The vehicle has seen some really tough driving conditions.Could that necessitate an earlier than mandated AT Oil change?

Thanks
Ramanak.
Old 17th September 2012, 09:08   #3698
BANNED

@ramanak; Possible but not likely. The changes are computed on the basis of multiple inputs, throttle position, sensor data etc. So need no necessarily be the AT fluid. What does the OBD tell you. Also, reset the ECU and see.

Why I say all this is Honda are pretty conservative in their maintenance schedule.
Old 17th September 2012, 10:40   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@ramanak; Possible but not likely. The changes are computed on the basis of multiple inputs, throttle position, sensor data etc. So need no necessarily be the AT fluid. What does the OBD tell you. Also, reset the ECU and see.

Why I say all this is Honda are pretty conservative in their maintenance schedule.
Thanks.If OBD means Onboard Diagnostics,which Shows up warning on Dashboard...No as of now there are no Warnings.Could you please let know the situations that usually requires ECU reset?
Old 17th September 2012, 11:52   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
Found that the gear changes more frequently that it normally does.And the Gear changes are slightly more jerky.Could it be time for AT fluid change? The car is a 2010 AT Civic which has done 47750 Kms.The vehicle has seen some really tough driving conditions.Could that necessitate an earlier than mandated AT Oil change?
This can happen if the previous drive was done hard, the gear change logic uses previous data (which is a good thing as it adjusts to the drivers mood). Once you start driving smoothly, the smooth shifts return (in a few minutes/seconds).

Mine is a May-2007 AT, now at 1,14,000 kms, so yours is brand-new by comparison. So AT fluid may NOT be the problem.

ATF will be changed at 60K and thereafter every 40K (So mine has been changed at 60K and 100K so far).
Old 17th September 2012, 12:00   #3701
Senior - BHPian

I prefer to change the AT fluid more frequently (every 3 years or as per km intervals) due to our very hard temperature and traffic conditions.
Old 17th September 2012, 14:14   #3702
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
Thanks.If OBD means Onboard Diagnostics,which Shows up warning on Dashboard...No as of now there are no Warnings.Could you please let know the situations that usually requires ECU reset?
OBD is more than just the warning lights. There may be data lurking in the Memory which can be downloaded by the service guys.

I reset is the first stage before starting to dig deeper (which can be expensive). My car also changes the pattern from what I have when I drive it and when my son drives it.
Old 21st September 2012, 11:48   #3703
BHPian

[quote=skdking;2903970]

I feel that if you contact the showroom MD for the issue, talk authoritatively, and explain your predicament you will get an instant yes/no answer.

No harm in trying hard.

These mounts do cost a pretty packet.

Hi, This is my first post on team-bhp. I just joined today. Please excuse me for any posting errors.
in April 2012, one of the engine mounts of my 2009 Civic gave way. The workshop did not replace it under warranty. In August, after reading posts on TBHP, i called up Honda One2One and asked them why i was denied warranty. Next day the workshop called me and refunded my money(8600 INR) by way of credit note.
Call Honda directly in case there is a problem
Thanks
VineetG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 13:36   #3704
Senior - BHPian

Sorry I tried searching this thread but it's too vast! Can someone tell me the bulb types for the high beam and low beam in the Civic? I am going in for an HID upgrade like I did in the Fiesta and need to order the low beam bulb accordingly.
Old 21st September 2012, 13:47   #3705
BANNED

High Beam HB3 60W
Low Beam HB4 51W
Fog H11 35W

This information is from the Manual of my Civic.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks