Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 09:39   #8716
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

@All

I got my car serviced from my trust FNG for the first time.

Damages: Idemitsu oil - Rs 1600, Oil filter and Air filter - Rs 500. Service cost: Rs 300. Total: Rs 2400.

She still drives like new. 154000 kms and counting
Congrats.

I however take the air filter from HASS. The OEM part feels more sturdy and of better "perceived" quality than aftermarket. And since it runs for 20K kms, it's fine with me to shell out the extra amount.
Old 28th September 2017, 19:11   #8717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Congrats.

I however take the air filter from HASS. The OEM part feels more sturdy and of better "perceived" quality than aftermarket. And since it runs for 20K kms, it's fine with me to shell out the extra amount.
The air filter I get from Ghai is Honda OEM. A genuine Honda part
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 13:47   #8718
Senior - BHPian

An Innova bumped into my Civic's rear yesterday while taking a U-Turn. The same excuse was given that i braked too hard. Why is it always the guy in the front's fault in case of a rear collision? I told the moron he should have kept distance between my car and his. Thankfully I escaped with a dislodged bumper and two tiny dimples on the rear boot section below the left rear light. I have managed to push the bumper in somehow but the dimples will remain.
Old 1st October 2017, 18:52   #8719
Distinguished - BHPian

Sumeet, glad to hear your car got away without very minor damage.

if I find someone tailgating me, I press the brake pedal gently so the brake lights go on. This is an attempt to get the moron behind to back off. I found it works most of the time. If it doesn't I pull to the side and give him enough space to to let him overtake. Tailgating is one of the worst things one sees on our roads.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 19:03   #8720
BHPian

My Civic hand rest lid is broken into probably by the car cleaner guy. Any idea where can I get it.

I tried on amazon.com and it was $170 but not shipped to India. Is there any third party hand rest lid/console that can be used?

Thank in advance !
Old 1st October 2017, 19:46   #8721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
My Civic hand rest lid is broken into probably by the car cleaner guy. Any idea where can I get it.

I tried on amazon.com and it was $170 but not shipped to India. Is there any third party hand rest lid/console that can be used?

Thank in advance !
Vivek, I believe you just need to buy the latch which is available in USD 16 at Amazon.com here https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda.../dp/B00P48CNYO.
Old 1st October 2017, 19:55   #8722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
An Innova bumped into my Civic's rear yesterday while taking a U-Turn.
I had a similar incident three years back, a truck banged my rear when I slowed down for a speed-breaker.

The right rear light cluster broke a bit, but functionally everything is still working perfectly. So left it as it is, after sticking some cello-tape to block water getting inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-dsc_7623.jpg  

manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 21:52   #8723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
An Innova bumped into my Civic's rear yesterday while taking a U-Turn. The same excuse was given that i braked too hard. Why is it always the guy in the front's fault in case of a rear collision? I told the moron he should have kept distance between my car and his. Thankfully I escaped with a dislodged bumper and two tiny dimples on the rear boot section below the left rear light. I have managed to push the bumper in somehow but the dimples will remain.
Am saddened by this damage to your ride.

I agree that some, idiots, are compulsive tailgaters.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 00:35   #8724
BHPian

Quote:

Thank in advance !
I got the lid clamp fixed at HASS recently for a few hundred rupees. I would advice you to check there first.
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:29   #8725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Vivek, I believe you just need to buy the latch which is available in USD 16 at Amazon.com here https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda.../dp/B00P48CNYO.
Its just not the latch but whole lid is broken into two - not the top part but plastic thing holding it and connecting it to the hinge :(

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda...06+armrest+lid this is the part. top cover is fine but notice the plastic thing that is connected to the console

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-...-/232505158658 this posting from ebay shows the armrest lid part clearly

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 2nd October 2017 at 01:41.
Old 2nd October 2017, 11:03   #8726
BHPian

Quote:
My Civic hand rest lid is broken into probably by the car cleaner guy
In mine the spring to hold the lid in place was broken by the cleaner guy at HASS :(
The lid kept opening up on its own which was irritating.

I bought "Tesa On and Off General Purpose Hook and Stick On Tape" (Velcro) from amazon and stuck a length on the bottom and top lips. Now it holds.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by manim : 2nd October 2017 at 11:06.
manim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:16   #8727
BHPian

Quote:
Its just not the latch but whole lid is broken into two - not the top part but plastic thing holding it and connecting it to the hinge :(

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda...06+armrest+lid this is the part. top cover is fine but notice the plastic thing that is connected to the console

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-...-/232505158658 this posting from ebay shows the armrest lid part clearly

Hi Mate,

I had a similar case where the inner plastic part broke into two as a result the armrest got elevated from rear and would not slide fore and aft, the HASS advised that the whole part needs to be changed and quoted 6k for the part plus labour.

I took it my FNG and the guy fixed the broken piece using super glue,two thin strips of metal plus screws and screwed it back together. It worked prefectly post the repair. It costed around 150 odd rupees inclusive of labour.

Regards
Kunal

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 2nd October 2017 at 12:26.
Old 2nd October 2017, 18:57   #8728
Distinguished - BHPian

The lock on the lid of the arm rest was broken for mine too. However, a 15 min. DIY solved the issue and it has been holding good for 3 years now. So much that I almost forgot it until I read here again.

However, I have noticed that the brake piston seal on the LHS front caliper has given up. HASS was closed today hence could not get the work done. Will head to them soon though. Any one got it changed on their Civic? Will also get the brake fluid flushed and brake/ clutch bleeding done.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:44   #8729
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on the situation:
There was a minor cut on the dust seal of the caliper piston. And the great Honda doesn't sell the dust seal. Neither they sell the fluid seals! So, if I want to get it fixed, I need to buy the entire caliper assembly which costs 16K. Thank you Honda. Left it that way for the time being as it was only the dust seal and a minor cut as of now. Should survive.

So, I asked them to flush the entire brake fluid and refill. Same with the clutch. While bleeding the clutch after the refill, the clutch pedal sinks and refuses to come back! The clutch cylinder is taken out and disassembled. The culprit was the pushback spring inside which pushes the piston back. It had broken into 3 pieces.

Now a new cylinder costs 6k as per Honda while the piston and spring child parts cost Rs. 3k. However they found another Spring and charged Rs. 1500 for the same. Thankfully, the clutch was back in action post this hoopla. Total damages: Rs. 3300/- for the Spring, replacement fluid, and labour.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 19:22   #8730
Senior - BHPian

Guys is it ok to leave the mobile/device charger connected to the 12 volt power outlet socket ? I know the sockets disconnects when the car is switched off but will leaving the charger in result in any drain of the battery.

Thanks.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks