Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 15:18   #1516
BHPian

re: All about diesel engine oils

I called up a distributor (new delhi tyre house) and a retailer (batra auto spares) in Delhi for Mobil delvac 1 5W40. While the distributor says that stocks are not available now but awaited in 10-15 days while the retailer says that it has been discontinued in India. My Tucson's service is due and i cant wait for 2 weeks for the oil, what would be a good replacement for the same ?
Old 3rd October 2015, 00:21   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Even delvac mx is not available?

If so go for the mak platinum.
Ok so I finally got the Rimula R3X which is CH4 rating. Price for 7 liters was 1970 Rs.

Now just waiting for my filters to arrive. So far very disappointed with 99rpm service. Wonder how some people hold it in good esteem here in our forum.
Old 5th October 2015, 16:18   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
(Flush) Process: entirely drained the existing oil (was quite dirty), leave the oil filter. Now added the 2 ltr HX5 and about 0.5 ltr MX I had in spare. Keep engine running on idle for 5 min, with 3-4 times raised to 1300-1400 RPM. Now, the oil was drained, and surprisingly the new 'flushing' oil was pitch black (dirty) just within few min!
Is this normal ?
Is this OK process ?

regards,
Pranav
Is this normal ?

I have heard my mechanic "suggesting" this and friends "suggesting" this. BUT, none of them have actually stuck to this. All of them have indeed mentioned that this will help them reduce wear and tear due to draining.

In my opinion this is more of a safe play, no harm.

Is this OK process ?

It is. But I will always go with engine flush with the concept to removing sludge with detergents that are more stringent than new oil. I also feel that they do a great job of stripping away deposits far better than new oil detergents.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:15   #1519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Oil Change Update on my Xylo:

since the last 3-4 times, I have been using Delvac MX (15w40 CI4), and replaced at 7-8K KM, overall happy with it.
Just before leaving for Spiti trip in May'15, I had replaced the oil, and on return (after running ~6K KM), when I again changed the oil, the earlier was very dirty - maybe because of this specific drive conditions.
=======
Now finally, the R4 (7 ltrs added, 0.5 kept in spare) and new oil filter was replaced, and vehicle was given a full wash. I will comment on R4 after few days.

regards,
Pranav
Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Is this normal ?

Is this OK process ?

The process removed the contamination left behind by the old oil, something like rinsing. Hence the oil turned dark. Loose sludge also would have got removed, but doubt if the hard ones will get removed like usage of flushes. Maybe a better idea is to use flush with old oil > cheaper oil for rinsing > then replace the filter and put fresh oil. Another key point would be to allow the whole oil to be drained off.

EDIT: Not sure about using less quantity of oil just because its on idle. Flushing oil which is thinner and cheaper should be available, using that at low rpm with required amount maybe a good idea.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th October 2015 at 17:19.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:27   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
I called up a distributor (new delhi tyre house) and a retailer (batra auto spares) in Delhi for Mobil delvac 1 5W40. While the distributor says that stocks are not available now but awaited in 10-15 days while the retailer says that it has been discontinued in India. My Tucson's service is due and i cant wait for 2 weeks for the oil, what would be a good replacement for the same ?
It's available with 99rpm
http://www.99rpm.com/tata/oils-fluid...0-5-litre.html
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 18:46   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Thanks rakesh_r, I did check with 99rpm but they said that they have none in stock and the supply is only expected after 16th Oct. Also their price seems to be a bit on the higher side. I called up the mobil distributors in Delhi NCR and one of them directed me to a store in West Delhi. This store supplies to commercial vehicles and is located in the transport nagar area hence they always maintain stocks of Mobil 1 delvac. I got 6L for about Rs. 775 per liter and if you were to buy from a barrel, it would be even cheaper.

Folks in Delhi looking for Mobil 1 delvac (M1D) can PM me for the address or if i am allowed to, i can post the address in the thread itself.
kamal.sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 08:02   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
Folks in Delhi looking for Mobil 1 delvac (M1D) can PM me for the address or if i am allowed to, i can post the address in the thread itself.
Please do so. This is hardly confidential information, and posting it on the thread will benefit other resident Delvac users (like me)
Old 6th October 2015, 19:15   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Please do so. This is hardly confidential information, and posting it on the thread will benefit other resident Delvac users (like me)
Here you go:

Nirmal Oil Store

Address: TRANSPORT CENTER, OPPOSITE METRO PILLAR NO, 99, Rohtak Rd, Block E 7, Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110035

Mobile : +919899104445
Phone : 91-11-28316366

Speak to Mr. Anshul Jain. He is the proprietor.

Also, for people in and around Faridabad, speak to the Mobil distributor in Faridabad, Mr Vinayak Gulati. He seems to be very helpful person and he was the one who directed me to Nirmal oil store.

GULATI AGENCIES PVT. LTD.

32-D, Fruit Garden, Railway Road, Near Neelam Chowk , N.I.T
Faridabad
Haryana 121001

Mobile : 9810177599

Last edited by kamal.sn : 6th October 2015 at 19:16.
kamal.sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 10:06   #1524
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Can someone please advise if I should go for synthetic oil or mineral oil for Honda Mobilio iDtec.
Current Odo is 18k and car is due for service next month. Also, suggest brand which is suitable for Honda Diesel vehicles.
Old 16th October 2015, 13:31   #1525
BHPian

Hi All.

My good friend has used below oil in his Scorpio and is plenty impressed, i am not sure how it fares to the likes of Mobil 1 Delvac 5W40 and Shell Helix Ultra.
But the result seems very positive and has been doing well in the cab segment were innova's were fed with this oil and are coming up brilliantly. Minimal leaks good high end performance extended usage resulting to very less reduction in level of oil etc .

http://globalracingoil.com/portada/g...n/?l=en&s=auto

Upon search there is not any word/ documentation that it is capable for handling Turbocharged/Inter cooled/Timing chain fitted Diesel engines.

Was told that GRO 5W40 with ABRO engine protection additive and pro 10 diesel conditioner is a killer combination. Looking for feedback on any users of this product in their cars/ jeeps as i am contemplating heavily in using above combination for my Fiat 1.3 JTD(MJD).
Old 5th November 2015, 08:43   #1526
BHPian

Hi
I have done 10k now on Mobile Devlac1. My car is Verna CRDI. Like Vento can I wait till 15k before an oil change? Any alternate oil should I think of with CH4 or above specification. 5lt Devlac1 is available @ 99rpm.com at around 4000/- , thus per litre cost comes to 800/-. I am pretty satisfied with the performance of Devlac1 though, but still open to try something different.
Old 5th November 2015, 09:55   #1527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi
I have done 10k now on Mobile Devlac1. My car is Verna CRDI. Like Vento can I wait till 15k before an oil change? Any alternate oil should I think of with CH4 or above specification. 5lt Devlac1 is available @ 99rpm.com at around 4000/- , thus per litre cost comes to 800/-. I am pretty satisfied with the performance of Devlac1 though, but still open to try something different.
Yes you can keep the drain interval of 15K. Been doing that for the past 45K kms.

I see no alternative to Delvac 1 since that is the only fully synthetic diesel engine oil easily available in India. All other alternatives are Mineral/Semi synths which need to be changed around 6-7K. Delvac 1 retains its smoothness till the 15K mark which is a big plus for me!
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 12:21   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yes you can keep the drain interval of 15K. Been doing that for the past 45K kms.

I see no alternative to Delvac 1 since that is the only fully synthetic diesel engine oil easily available in India. All other alternatives are Mineral/Semi synths which need to be changed around 6-7K. Delvac 1 retains its smoothness till the 15K mark which is a big plus for me!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I had last drained the oil around 11 months back. In another month I may do 1.5 k max. Is it safe to prolong the interval for more than 12 months or should I stick 12 months only. With 15k drain interval , Devlac1 seems to be thes best choice for diesel cars.
Cheers
Old 5th November 2015, 16:06   #1529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I had last drained the oil around 11 months back. In another month I may do 1.5 k max. Is it safe to prolong the interval for more than 12 months or should I stick 12 months only. With 15k drain interval , Devlac1 seems to be thes best choice for diesel cars.
Cheers
You can prolong draining it by another couple of months. Wont cause any harm. Have read on international forums where people have used the oil till 20,000 kms before draining.However i would not do that given our harsh conditions and bumper to bumper traffic

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 5th November 2015 at 16:13.
Old 18th November 2015, 23:50   #1530
Senior - BHPian

I was going through what the engine of srivatsahg's Punto suffered.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...d-highway.html

While searching for the information related to engine lubrication, I came across this interesting video about engine lubrication.

First 2 minutes of the film may seem little irrelevant but suggest you all to watch patiently.

Request to the moderators: If this video already referred to, please delete. If necessary, please move to the appropriate thread.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks