Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 12:29   #451
BANNED

re: Review: The 2nd-gen Maruti Dzire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Question on the head light level adjustment knob.

The default setting is at 0, for driver alone in the car. My undertanding was that as the number of people in the car increase, the setting should be increased accordingly. Am I missing something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
It is the other way round. The throw is maximum when the setting is at 0 and decreases as the numbers increase. Don't know the logic behind this, but it is how it works, atleast for my Wagon-R and mostly all the Maruti cars.
0 is the setting that will work for 99% of the time. Actually it's not the number of people who sit inside the car which decides the position of the light adjustment knob. Rather it is the weight of the luggage in boot or for that matter even on the back seat.

If the rear is heavy (usually with luggage in boot) and sort of bottomed out the front of the car lifts up resulting in long throw of light at 0. So you adjust accordingly to shorten the throw for optimum lighting.

Hope it helps.
Old 14th June 2013, 20:02   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Page says not compatible with swift dzire.
Right, I was checking for 'something similar' for Dzire and if its available as a MGP or the only option is a aftermarket.
Old 16th June 2013, 10:50   #453
BANNED

Quote:
Has anyone ever tried something like this on their Dzire? The driver side armrest, after market and available on ebay. Not sure if MGP has this as an accessory. I believe this would be really wonderful to have on the long drives.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Premium-Quali...item3a81305788
That's what the ad itself has to say !
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]
  • NOTE Not Compatible with car Models :[COLOR=#003162] Maruti Esteem , Tata Nano , Maruti Swift Dzire , Hyundai i10 ,i20.[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 21st June 2013, 22:36   #454
BHPian

On the 3rd Service(10,000kms/1 year) of my DZire ZDi,

MASC supervisor asked us about the option of Engine Oil choice for 1.3 Multijet Diesel. Options were:

1) 5W-30 Mineral Oil(costing Rs.800 for total quantity).
2) 5W-30 Synthetic Oil(costing nearly Rs.3300 for total quantity)

At first, I opted for Mineral one but after driving the car for few kms, i noticed the NVH of the car increased much as compared prior to service, as the car was running with factory supplied Synthetic engine oil.

On the positive side, engine have started feeling more torquey, is it due to service or this oil switchover or it's due to engine Gruff-ness !
Now what to do now ?
Planning to switch over to Synthetic oil again or should i continue with the same.

Please suggest & guide the right solution for this.
Old 21st June 2013, 22:43   #455
Senior - BHPian

Spotting Suzuki Dzire in Dubai these days. Surprised, but at the same time happy.
Old 26th June 2013, 22:43   #456
Senior - BHPian

Any owners of the new Dzire VDI here who have managed to fit in steering mounted controls? If yes, then can you post some pictures or suggest places where this can be done?
Old 18th July 2013, 23:39   #457
Senior - BHPian

This thread is not seeing much activity. Looks like the Dzire is loosing ground not just in the market, but here at TBHP too.

My car has now completed 3k kms and the mileage from tankful to tankful is hovering around 22kmpl. The MID shows 22.7. What is the average that the other members are getting on their new Dzire?

Last edited by dass : 18th July 2013 at 23:53.
Old 18th July 2013, 23:55   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car has now completed 3k kms and the mileage from tankful to tankful is hovering around 22kmpl. The MID shows 22.7. What is the average that the other members are getting on their new Dzire?
I am getting around 18 on my vxi in peak city traffic with ac ON for 70% of the drive, while the MID shows 21
Old 19th July 2013, 22:32   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
I am getting around 18 on my vxi in peak city traffic with ac ON for 70% of the drive, while the MID shows 21
Thats a pretty decent mileage you are getting for a petrol. Mine is a diesel and I am hoping the mileage would further go up after the second service.

So, any mods on the car so far? I am looking for the sil guards and arm rest for the driver seat. Lets see when the vital vitamin M permits.
Old 19th July 2013, 23:37   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So, any mods on the car so far? I am looking for the sil guards and arm rest for the driver seat. Lets see when the vital vitamin M permits.
No hard core mods as such. I like to keep the car simple. Though, even I was looking for the driver seat arm-rest. But a friend recently got one for his swift and I didnt like its overall fit and finish and hence dropped the idea.
Old 20th July 2013, 12:31   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@dZired , these are good numbers, speak volumes about your driving technique & patience.

However, where do you live in Jaipur, because except old market area (around City Palace & Hawa Mahal) & 1-2 colonies enroute to Jaipur Bye pass from Vidhan Sabha, most of Jaipur doesn't has much traffic even during office hours, & it is as good as highway drive in sane speeds.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 13:14   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

@dZired , these are good numbers, speak volumes about your driving technique & patience.

However, where do you live in Jaipur, because except old market area (around City Palace & Hawa Mahal) & 1-2 colonies enroute to Jaipur Bye pass from Vidhan Sabha, most of Jaipur doesn't has much traffic even during office hours, & it is as good as highway drive in sane speeds.
Yes thats true. Jaipur has much less traffic chaos as compared to other cities (mumbai, bangalore, delhi) but the traffic has now spread to even outer parts of the walled city.

My daily route is from DCM (ajmer road) to Sitapura Industrial Area via Sodala-Mansarovar and Tonk road while once in a weak I have to drive to Malviya Nagar or to Ajmeri Gate from Sitapura. So I dont really get the chance to let the speedometer cross the 60km/h mark.

The drive to Ajmeri gate often yields a mileage of as low as 12 kmpl.

Last edited by dZired : 20th July 2013 at 13:17.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 22:38   #463
BHPian

Autocar recently had a comparison between the Dzire,Swift and Vibe.
It was an interesting comparo with Dzire ending up being the most balanced choice of the lot bettering even its hatchback sibling.

http://www.autocarindia.com/Feature/...-vs-swift.aspx
Old 1st August 2013, 12:33   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Dzire seems not being afffected with the string of new launches by competition.

Quote:
MSI said its popular compact sedan Dzire posted 33.6% sales growth during the month - July 2013, sells 15,249 units
Source:ET
Old 10th August 2013, 10:31   #465
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting from my ownership experience thread.
Quote:
A weird problem cropped up today morning when the car refused to start when the ignition was turned ON. Even the MID screen didn't lit up. Service center guys were called who came with a spare battery. Even after replacing the batteries, the DZire refused to start, but the MID and all other indicators were lit. Fuse box was checked, and it was straight-away declared that the fuses were fine. It was then towed to the service station and is now lying there. The problem has not yet been diagnosed. After multiple trials, the service center guys said there is some VVT sensor situated near the battery which has malfunctioned, due to which fuel is unable to reach the engine block.

Some key points:
1. Time from Purchase: 6 months and 12 days
2. Kilometers run: 4850
3. Last service at: 4600 kms

Can anyone help me find what can be the cause of such issue? And what all steps do I need to follow in order to ensure everything turns back to normal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks