Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2013, 20:06   #1036
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

With regard to packaging in these sub 4 meter sedans, wasn't the pioneer the Indigo CS also accomplished??? How would it compare to the Amaze and the Dzire?
Old 26th May 2013, 22:57   #1037

RajShenoy, this is the accessories price list at Crystal Honda- PUNE. I am not sure if it varies from dealer to dealer. But I see a slight upscale in the price of these items from the date of launch till now.For Ex. The Caska System which was mentioned at 50,000 on 1st April is now 52000 on 22nd May
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-accesories.jpg  

MujahidM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 23:01   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
With regard to packaging in these sub 4 meter sedans, wasn't the pioneer the Indigo CS also accomplished??? How would it compare to the Amaze and the Dzire?
I haven't much info, but IIRC Indigo CS comes with 75bhp CR4 engine with 25kmpl claimed mileage and has a 370L boot. Rest said, its a tried & tested product that's most probably much cheaper to buy & maintain than the Amaze or Dzire.

Doesn't particularly look terrible, looks quite OK infact.

Best part, 0 waiting.
Old 26th May 2013, 23:50   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Do anyone have price list of Honda spares ? I think we can get reasonable information from even Brio or Honda city spares !!
Hope this helps! I got this from another fellow bhpian.Sadly,i don't remember the thread nor the member's name.Credit goes to him though!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Amaze Accessories List.pdf (90.8 KB, 2222 views)
Dr.Nishath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 23:51   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I checked with Sales executive since i am also looking at S MT. His answer was 13K

I was expecting things to be around 4-5K but they do look steep. May be due to initial rush. I am really hoping Honda will price the spares reasonable prices.

Do anyone have price list of Honda spares ? I think we can get reasonable information from even Brio or Honda city spares !!
13k.
In Manza its 3.5k i guess. 13k is ridiculous pricing.
Old 27th May 2013, 07:44   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
13k.
I too first thought he is discouraging me to go for VX trim by quoting high numbers. But the accessory prices shared on top indicate that prices are bit steep as compared to the perceived low cost image of this car and also platform sharing with Brio which is there since some time now.

Honda, do not get greedy.
Old 27th May 2013, 09:15   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
13k.
Quote:
. But the accessory prices shared on top indicate that prices are bit steep as compared to the perceived low cost image of this car and also platform sharing with Brio which is there since some time now.

Just checked the fog lamps on my car . It has Honda Thailand written on it . High prices might be after all the import duties and taxes .
Old 27th May 2013, 09:27   #1043
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
13k.
Quote:
I too first thought he is discouraging me to go for VX trim by quoting high numbers. But the accessory prices shared on top indicate that prices are bit steep as compared to the perceived low cost image of this car and also platform sharing with Brio which is there since some time now.

Honda, do not get greedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Just checked the fog lamps on my car . It has Honda Thailand written on it . High prices might be after all the import duties and taxes .
Hey guys. The fog lamps are so expensive because it incudes a body coloured bumper insert. The entire middle section of the bumper needs to be changed for the fog lamp to be fitted. Incase of Honda City they used to cut a hole in the bumper but looks like that is not possible to do in the Amaze as the fog lamp area has many contours.

Even the price list mentions (Body colour) in brackets.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 09:42   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Hey guys. The fog lamps are so expensive because it incudes a body coloured bumper insert. The entire middle section of the bumper needs to be changed for the fog lamp to be fitted. Incase of Honda City they used to cut a hole in the bumper but looks like that is not possible to do in the Amaze as the fog lamp area has many contours.

Thanks for the quick clarification. But Its an art to keep components flexible enough as the manufacturer can just perform a plug and play sorts. Looks like Honda didnt pay much attention to fog lamps, or say option of providing black colored fog lamps.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 12:43   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

The latest pricing list for Brio shows Fog Lamps as 11k + Taxes at Magnum Honda, Bangalore. Why on Earth Honda builds them like that ?

Even the black inserts in Brio also has to be removed for fixing the Fogs.

Last week I went to Dakshin Honda for getting my car's 3rd service done. Man, it is raining Amaze everywhere. The S.A said, they are delivering 2-3 Amazes every day and around 7-10 every week.
Unfortunately, Honda's Production capacity is playing spoilsport here as many bookings have been cancelled considering the high waiting period.
Old 27th May 2013, 13:29   #1046
BHPian

This Friday I went to my Maruti Dealer to collect the smart card for my Dzire and got involved in a casual talk with one of the senior sales representative about Honda Amaze i-Dtech.... I was moved/surprised/amazed to hear him saying that engine problem have been spotted in the diesel amaze. They are getting reports from customers who have gone for test drive of the Amaze and have found vibrations in engine... He insisted me to get a test drive and find it myself.. I told him that I am going to put this in public forum (without mentioning his name) but still he stuck to his point...He seemed quite relaxed and relieved that Honda, atlast, will not be able to beat the sales figure of Dzire...

Though I am still to check out myself whether Amaze diesel engines are actually having high levels of vibrations...but was very surprised at the (may be) new marketing techniques of Maruti...
Old 27th May 2013, 13:48   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

Very simple. Honda don't want S, X & E buyers to cheaply and smoothly upgrade visually to the higher variants. Very common now to to price these OEM accessories like fogs, alloys etc at unreasonable levels!
Old 27th May 2013, 14:04   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
They are getting reports from customers who have gone for test drive of the Amaze and have found vibrations in engine... He insisted me to get a test drive and find it myself.. I told him that I am going to put this in public forum (without mentioning his name) but still he stuck to his point...He seemed quite relaxed and relieved that Honda, atlast, will not be able to beat the sales figure of Dzire...
Sales executives are most nonsense people you can discuss with. 90% of the time they wont know what they are talking about.

Coming to vibration, it has been mentioned by our official review itself. During Engine on and off there is a huge shudder like jerk (Not sure if its the right word) And i experienced it too during my TD . Infact i felt it so much that i decided to ON and OFF the engine ten times and this was present all the time. But once the engine is ON, it settles in nicely and NVH is OK. You will feel the engine growl as you accelerate but i kind of liked it. Overall felt it is naturally expected from a diesel motor. what else will happen if you put a 1.5ltr engine into a sub 1000kg car ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very simple. Honda don't want S, X & E buyers to cheaply and smoothly upgrade visually to the higher variants. Very common now to to price these OEM accessories like fogs, alloys etc at unreasonable levels!
Whatever it is, it is giving wrong indications to me about prices of spare parts. Only hope is that Honda is focusing on Brio based MPV and possibly a new SUV on same platform. So it will have component sharing causing lower price of spares
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 14:27   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Sales executives are most nonsense people you can discuss with. 90% of the time they wont know what they are talking about.

Coming to vibration, it has been mentioned by our official review itself. During Engine on and off there is a huge shudder like jerk (Not sure if its the right word) And i experienced it too during my TD . Infact i felt it so much that i decided to ON and OFF the engine ten times and this was present all the time. But once the engine is ON, it settles in nicely and NVH is OK. You will feel the engine growl as you accelerate but i kind of liked it. Overall felt it is naturally expected from a diesel motor. what else will happen if you put a 1.5ltr engine into a sub 1000kg car ?
I think the "huge shudder" while switching on and off a diesel engine is quite natural for a diesel car to have and is very much present in all the available diesel cars in the market. Of Course, the vibration levels are different across models. With regards to the "growl" that you mentioned, i guess each and every diesel car of today have it... But the refineness determines how loud you hear it.. I have felt both the above in my Dzire..

But its worthwhile to feel both the above when you get the desired effect... I guess you can understand what I am referring here... ;-)
Old 27th May 2013, 14:34   #1050
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I thought India and Thailand (or rather ASEAN) have a free trade agreement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks