Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2022, 11:01   #1021
BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

If I look for a good garage nearby (~25km) through Google Reviews, a Nexa showroom 10kms away shows up as the best with the 2k+ customer reviews. I service my Baleno there as well and I can't complain. They have been diligent, paying attention to whatever was reported and doesn't upsell unnecessary stuff. The cost of service has been fair and no major add-ons or minor list of fancy stuff are included without prior consultation.

It also probably helps them that they make profit with volume (hundreds of cars every week) and don't have to focus on making money with every car that comes through.

I have never seen such diligence and care with Honda ASS or other FNGs that I have visited.
asbshyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 01:15   #1022
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtoncastelino View Post
Kudos to MSIL , this is what I call Customer service !
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Stories like this are what make me think, "If I want a reliable, trouble-free, no-nonsense car ownership experience, buy a Maruti Suzuki".
Absolutely, their cars are not fancy or desirable, but nothing beats them in sheer reliability, practicality and the support they extend to customers, is unbelievable. Hats off to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Any idea if this UV cut glass and IR cut windshield of the XL6 can be fitted on the Ertiga or not? If yes, besides blocking sun light, could it also potentially affect the amount of noise filtering in through the cabin?
Yes the UV glasses are direct fit for old Ertigas and XL6s. I can confirm with my brief drives in new Ertigas and XL6, their sound insulation has surely improved. I haven't checked if its due to better rubber seals or glass itself, since other NVH methods like Melt sheets or insulation within cabin is same as older model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingCanvas View Post
They checked Innova for reference?
During my first meeting, I mentioned them the entire saga, of me comparing the play against Crysta and the new XL6 of our family. I too didn't get the rationale behind checking new Crystas, but they surely did it. May be they wanted to cross check themselves the facts presented in VOC(Voice of customer) process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
[*]Unfortunately the car came without the owner's manual and I really miss having it. Though I found a PDF online it's nothing close to having the printed one. I have the habit of reading the entire manual within the first few days of car ownership. I contacted a nearby dealer but no one seems to be interested in letting me know how to get a replacement. Is there some way to order it? Preferably online?
You can approach your workshop manager with a request of procuring new Owner's manual. Each manual carries part number, so you can very much procure new against an order. Part number is 99011M72R07-74E. It's only a matter of placing an order.

Quote:
Not just the owners manual, the car came with absolutely no papers other than RC and insurance. I managed to get the entire service history as a PDF and printed it for records. However I had no idea of how long extended warranty was taken. Here again the dealers are not being helpful in letting me know the warranty status and if I can purchase a few more years assuming the first owner didn't max out on the extended warranty purchase. Does it make sense to go for this?
You may mail to MSIL on their official customer care ID regarding this. Or, another alternative is approaching Customer care manager of selling dealer of your car. He/she will also help you in getting new owners manual.

Quote:
After getting the service records the first thing I checked is to see what all recall parts were changed. It appears like only the ISG was changed and from what I can understand (see service record below) the software update was not done. From the limited driving I have done I am seeing FE of 11-12 KM/L. Can someone confirm if the update was done based on what's recorded in the history?
Seems software update was not needed/done for your car.

Quote:
I noticed a few missing clips where the trims are fixed to the flooring. The clips are beige in color and I couldn't find the relevant part numbers as many such small parts don't have images on Boodmo. Does anyone have a list of commonly used clips in the Ertiga/XL6 so I can order a set of all of them at once?
Hope this helps: https://oriparts.com/7/870/76485/4172643

Quote:
Finally, is there a service manual available for the 2nd gen Ertiga? Even a PDF would do as it's only for reference when doing some DIY work.
You may order hard copy with part number: 99500M72R00-74E

Regarding Tyres, highly recommend trying out Continental UC6s, they are super silent, dare I say, better than the XM2 I have. Please go through the reviews on our forum.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 10:16   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
If you are not getting the required information from dealer, post a query/complaint with Maruti Suzuki at
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...us#write-to-us . Then MS ensure that it is tracked till closure.
This really worked. Within an hour of creating a ticket here I got a call from the dealer who informed me directly over the phone itself that the warranty is valid till May/2024. I wish I had known this earlier. It would have saved me many follow up phone calls and messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
You can approach your workshop manager with a request of procuring new Owner's manual. Each manual carries part number, so you can very much procure new against an order. Part number is 99011M72R07-74E. It's only a matter of placing an order.
Thank you. I contacted the nearest MASS and they said they'll order it for me. Many had earlier blown me off saying one doesn't need the manual after the free services

Quote:
Seems software update was not needed/done for your car.
I need to check this further since so far I have never seen the lithium battery charged fully. It always hovers between 2 and 3 bars. I will monitor this on the next highway run.

Quote:
Hope this helps: https://oriparts.com/7/870/76485/4172643

You may order hard copy with part number: 99500M72R00-74E
Thank you, these are exactly what I was looking for. I will place an order for the service manual as well as all the clips.

Quote:
Regarding Tyres, highly recommend trying out Continental UC6s, they are super silent, dare I say, better than the XM2 I have. Please go through the reviews on our forum.
Thanks. I will consider the Continentals as well when it's time for new tyres.
sanspatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 10:54   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
During my first meeting, I mentioned them the entire saga, of me comparing the play against Crysta and the new XL6 of our family. I too didn't get the rationale behind checking new Crystas, but they surely did it. May be they wanted to cross check themselves the facts presented in VOC(Voice of customer) process.
That level of commitment can't be imagined, let alone expected, from any other OEM in India, with the possible exception of Toyota.

Maruti seems to be the only OEM who has a control over the dealerships. All other companies behave like the dealerships are completely different entities over which they have zero control. Even complaints about a dealership are often routed back to that same dealership, which is futile and often leads to worsened service.

Apart from the build quality/safety standards angle, Maruti provides an exceptional purchase and ownership experience right from the first visit to the showroom for a test drive. Hope other OEMs also emulate them on this front.

LeoShashi, thanks for sharing all journey with your XL6 here. This is an extensive, illustrative supplement to the official user manual.
FloatingCanvas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 05:05   #1025
BHPian

Hi all,
Recently, in last few months I came across this error while I was stationary. The SA or the works manager is not giving a convincing response. Does anyone know what this issue is and is it serious to be fixed immediately? Mine is AT Ertiga Petrol and has run around 14k kms in last 3 years.
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-mvimg_20220511_110909.jpg  

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-mvimg_20220511_110917.jpg  

Old 18th May 2022, 12:30   #1026
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Hi all,
Recently, in last few months I came across this error while I was stationary. The SA or the works manager is not giving a convincing response. Does anyone know what this issue is and is it serious to be fixed immediately? Mine is AT Ertiga Petrol and has run around 14k kms in last 3 years.
This error can happen due to many reasons, which would be pointless to discuss here. I'd advise scanning with SDT and posting screenshot of DTCs here. That would narrow down the possibilities.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Is your parking infested with rodents?
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 19:16   #1027
BHPian

@LeoShashi,

I have booked an Ertiga zxi on 15th April in Bangalore by paying Rs 11k.

When I met the salesrep today, he asked me to make the full payment of ex-showroom, lifetime tax, registration, insurance, extended warranty etc. and he said it will still take at least a few weeks before the vehicle arrives in the yard and it can be delivered to me.

I wanted to know if the regular booking-and-payment process entails us paying the full amount several weeks in advance? I thought we need to make the full payment after the vehicle arrives in the yard and before it is registered.

Can you please clarify?
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 03:57   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
When I met the salesrep today, he asked me to make the full payment of ex-showroom, lifetime tax, registration, insurance, extended warranty etc. and he said it will still take at least a few weeks before the vehicle arrives in the yard and it can be delivered to me.

I wanted to know if the regular booking-and-payment process entails us paying the full amount several weeks in advance? I thought we need to make the full payment after the vehicle arrives in the yard and before it is registered.

Can you please clarify?
If you need to pay a significant amount of money and still wait for weeks, what was the "booking amount" for?

This is not right, speak to his Team Leader(TL), Sales Manager and Showroom GM, if needed. I strongly advise against this, some dealerships use this tactics to make sure the customer becomes helpless and tied to one dealership, and then you are at their mercy. There have been cases where customers have paid a significant amount, and the dealership kept delaying their delivery on silly grounds. Since a significant amount is blocked, the customer is unable to switch to different dealership. Booking amount is good till your car arrives at yard, do a PDI and pay them the required amount for registration and other formalities. When the car isn't physically present, what kind of receipts will you get for that amount? Even financially, it doesn't make sense, will they pay you the interest for that period over that amount?

In my case, for example, the car was in stock. I did my PDI, paid my RM 11k booking amount to block the chassis number for me, and I was asked to pay at least 75% of total On road value before they proceeded with registration and insurance formalities. Since I was satisfied with the car, I had paid them almost 90% of the amount before they proceeded for registration. The remainder amount(some 1.5 lac) was cleared the next day before delivery.

Even Maruti won't endorse this nonsense if escalated, so please don't worry, you aren't doing anything wrong.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 17:17   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
If you need to pay a significant amount of money and still wait for weeks, what was the "booking amount" for?

There have been cases where customers have paid a significant amount, and the dealership kept delaying their delivery on silly grounds. Since a significant amount is blocked, the customer is unable to switch to different dealership. Booking amount is good till your car arrives at yard, do a PDI and pay them the required amount for registration and other formalities. When the car isn't physically present, what kind of receipts will you get for that amount? Even financially, it doesn't make sense, will they pay you the interest for that period over that amount?

Regards,
Shashi
Thank you, very much, @LeoShashi, for the clarification.

I will stay put and wait till the vehicle arrives in the yard before I proceed with the payment.
Old 19th May 2022, 23:53   #1030
BHPian

Long time wish: The baby seat

So far I have seen many videos of this seat being installed.
Online price: 7000
Offline price: 4200
So i enquired local accessory shop couple of days back and today got to see it in person.

Definately not upto the mark. Metal Hinge joint used is sore to eye. Finish is sub quality compared to fit and finish off captain seats. Cushion is not adequate and feels cheap. Head rest is non movable.

Overall, it's not worth. If someone really wants that center seat, best is to get it custom made with help of carpenter and a local seat guy to match the curves and level of captain seats.
nomadabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 19:45   #1031
BHPian

@LeoShashi,

I am sorry for my off-XL6-topic.
I understand this is a XL6 thread, but I have a question regarding the new 2022 Ertiga. It's about the reverse camera.
I posted it in the below thread but didn't get a response yet.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5320063 (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review)

I enquired with multiple dealers and each sales person or the accessory person there gave a completely different answer - ranging from "New Ertiga Zxi doesn't come with touchscreen" to "it will cost 13k and you still can't fit it in the Zxi".

Can you please throw some light on this?
Old 20th May 2022, 20:33   #1032
HTC
BANNED

Quote:
[u][b]Finally, the much awaited post on Sound Insulation of my XL6.
Hi LeoShashi,

I am a big fan of this thread. Thanks for documenting your XL6 details so well.

I have a Ford Figo, 2011 model. I am planning to damping of my car to reduce engine and road noise. I know a person who is into car tinkering and painting. will get it done by him. Went through your thread in detail on damping. Can you help by suggesting how many sheets of each type are needed for a hatchback like Figo?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
HTC

Last edited by HTC : 20th May 2022 at 20:35. Reason: removed extra braces.
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 23:33   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@LeoShashi,

I am sorry for my off-XL6-topic.
I understand this is a XL6 thread, but I have a question regarding the new 2022 Ertiga. It's about the reverse camera.
I posted it in the below thread but didn't get a response yet.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5320063 (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review)

I enquired with multiple dealers and each sales person or the accessory person there gave a completely different answer - ranging from "New Ertiga Zxi doesn't come with touchscreen" to "it will cost 13k and you still can't fit it in the Zxi".

Can you please throw some light on this?
The ZXi surely comes with SmartPlay Studio touch screen. As per Parts manual of new Ertiga, the "back door harness" is different in ZXi and ZXi+. I guess it's due to lacking coupler for camera.

Better remove the dicky pad and check for coupler. XL6 Zeta for example didn't come with Rear camera, but Alpha's OE camera could be installed since harness already existed.

If coupler doesn't exist then I believe installing bumper mounted camera is the only way out in MGA.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 18:31   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
The ZXi surely comes with SmartPlay Studio touch screen. As per Parts manual of new Ertiga, the "back door harness" is different in ZXi and ZXi+. I guess it's due to lacking coupler for camera.

Better remove the dicky pad and check for coupler. XL6 Zeta for example didn't come with Rear camera, but Alpha's OE camera could be installed since harness already existed.

If coupler doesn't exist then I believe installing bumper mounted camera is the only way out in MGA.

Regards,
Shashi
Thank you @LeoShashi for your response!

The sales person at the dealership told me that there's a connector available for the camera - so it will be a plug-and-play and there's no need to splice the wires. But he was only aware of MGA camera and said the Zxi+ camera is not even available to be ordered.
Old 21st May 2022, 18:54   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Hi LeoShashi,

I am a big fan of this thread. Thanks for documenting your XL6 details so well.

I have a Ford Figo, 2011 model. I am planning to damping of my car to reduce engine and road noise. I know a person who is into car tinkering and painting. will get it done by him. Went through your thread in detail on damping. Can you help by suggesting how many sheets of each type are needed for a hatchback like Figo?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
HTC
Depends on the kind of insulation you need. I'd recommend damping all doors, floor, roof and firewall(if possible) with Alubutyl Sheets. STP is a good and cheap brand, easily available on Amazon.

Doors: (2 for panel, 1 for doorpad) x4=12, can be optimized to 10 sheets with careful planning
Floor and boot: 8 sheets
Roof: 3 sheets
Firewall: 2 sheet

If your vapour barrier is intact and you run no risk of getting water on foam, then you may opt for closed foam sheets like I have used.

Quote:
Thank you @LeoShashi for your response!

The sales person at the dealership told me that there's a connector available for the camera - so it will be a plug-and-play and there's no need to splice the wires. But he was only aware of MGA camera and said the Zxi+ camera is not even available to be ordered.
If coupler is available(match the connector from pic given below) then ask them to get MGA camera for XL6 Zeta from their NEXA outlet, details:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200713_110955.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200713_111132.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20200820_155736.jpg

Behind the HU, connector will be disconnected, they remove glovebox and/or ACC control panel(both of these are easy to pry out, don't remove the HU) and plug the connector for camera for it to work. That's how it's done in Zeta.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 21st May 2022 at 18:58.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks