Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:31   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Aren't the H11 fog lamps 55W bulbs rating whereas H8 are 35W? Have you noticed any issues or blackening of the reflectors?

I am thinking of doing the same. If you don't mind, can you please post two pictures of the H8 and H11 fog lamp bulbs?
Correct, they are of different wattage. No blackening of the reflectors so far.

Dont have the pics handy, but these should help you

H8

H11

You can find different discussions in google around using these 2 interchangeably.

Edit: Did some research on these

H8 comes with a base of PGJ19-1 & H11 with a base of PGJ19-2. The difference is that H11 has a 2mm smaller radius for the bulb base, which is fine as we are buying the bulb with the black base itself

reference - Wiki
DonsBulbs

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b...donsbulbs.html

Last edited by arjithin : 23rd November 2015 at 22:41.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:52   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Correct, they are of different wattage. No blackening of the reflectors so far.

Dont have the pics handy, but these should help you

H8

H11

You can find different discussions in google around using these 2 interchangeably.

Edit: Did some research on these

H8 comes with a base of PGJ19-1 & H11 with a base of PGJ19-2. The difference is that H11 has a 2mm smaller radius for the bulb base, which is fine as we are buying the bulb with the black base itself

reference - Wiki
DonsBulbs

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b...donsbulbs.html
Awesome. Will order a pair tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 23:44   #1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
1. How many kms has the car done ? While you could save on labour charges in an FNG I will still suggest you stick with the A.S.S. It's upto you though. I would go with the service centre simply because I like to stick to MASS and also due to lack of a reliable FNG at my place.
2. Not quite getting this. Does this vibration disappear with the AC switched off ? And does this happen while idling or driving ?
1. The car has done 40k km. will get a quote for the clutch work from FNG then decide.

2. The vibration happens mostly with rear passenger on board, happens both while idling and driving. most of the time the vibration goes away when the AC is switched off.
Old 24th November 2015, 08:22   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Awesome. Will order a pair tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Before you order...
If you are really looking for more light to brighten up the road infront of your car, an aux light is the best solution. I can say from my experience that aux lights (Spot beam) offer much better visibility of the road just in front of you than fog lights.

Here is how I installed 2 under a total cost of Rs 2500. Left side light is aligned to illuminate the pedestrian 30-40 meter ahead and the right side light is aligned to illuminate the road 30-40 meter ahead. Not much issue to oncoming traffic since its spot beam and aligned very close to the car.

I use car high beam for far ahead visibility
Old 24th November 2015, 11:37   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Before you order...
If you are really looking for more light to brighten up the road infront of your car, an aux light is the best solution. I can say from my experience that aux lights (Spot beam) offer much better visibility of the road just in front of you than fog lights.

Here is how I installed 2 under a total cost of Rs 2500. Left side light is aligned to illuminate the pedestrian 30-40 meter ahead and the right side light is aligned to illuminate the road 30-40 meter ahead. Not much issue to oncoming traffic since its spot beam and aligned very close to the car.

I use car high beam for far ahead visibility
I agree , however the shape of the grill for the post 2012 Ritz will hinder the placement of the fogs. In all probabilities it will block the number plate. Otherwise I think the aux lights look pretty cool.
Old 24th November 2015, 12:37   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I agree , however the shape of the grill for the post 2012 Ritz will hinder the placement of the fogs. In all probabilities it will block the number plate. Otherwise I think the aux lights look pretty cool.
Have a look at this thread
Old 24th November 2015, 16:13   #1462
BANNED

Re: Issues with Ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_bhowmik View Post
1) The clutch has turned hard which the ASS has quoted as approx 8500/- for replacement. should i get it done in a friendly neighbourhood garage.

2) Vibration in exhaust pipe with AC on which is quite irritating to hear sitting inside the car. The same ASS has worked on many times but unable to fix and have finally suggested to change the exhaust pipe quoted approx 5500/-
Get a second opinion before committing for the servicing.

1. I guess you mean that the pedal is getting hard when depressing? How are the gear changes and is the engine revving higher but the speed isn't proportional to the RPM raise? If yes then you need a clutch set change or else get the clutch release bearings checked and changed.

2. The exhaust pipe is placed on hooks through the car's length. Check the rubber bushes and its condition as it would have worn out thereby transferring the vibration to the body and inside the cabin.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 22:09   #1463
BHPian

I'm looking to buy a city commuter for my parents as Innova is too big to drive around the city. Currently we are considering Ritz and i10 Grand. Like the looks and the features of i10 Grand but Ritz seems little more comfortable for my Dad who is 6'2".
My question is, will there be a new model of Ritz coming anytime soon?
Ritz hasn't changed ever since it's release (other than minor facelift in 2012) and hate to spend 6L and then couple of months later see a new car roll out.
Old 24th November 2015, 23:38   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
I'm looking to buy a city commuter for my parents as Innova is too big to drive around the city. Currently we are considering Ritz and i10 Grand. Like the looks and the features of i10 Grand but Ritz seems little more comfortable for myname of Dad who is 6'2".
My question is, will there be a new model of Ritz coming anytime soon?
Ritz hasn't changed ever since it's release (other than minor facelift in 2012) and hate to spend 6L and then couple of months later see a new car roll out.
I guess we may see a new Ritz next year. There were news of spotting 2016 splash ( name of Ritz in international market) some time back. Ritz sales are going down month after month as well.
Old 25th November 2015, 06:18   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
I guess we may see a new Ritz next year. There were news of spotting 2016 splash ( name of Ritz in international market) some time back. Ritz sales are going down month after month as well.
I did see a photo or two (front) of the splash but nothing concrete about the launch date. There is an article online that says that maruti is going to stop production of ritz as the sales are declining. I doubt that will happen as it still sells in decent numbers with the decade old design and without any marketing campaign.
Old 25th November 2015, 08:20   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
I did see a photo or two (front) of the splash but nothing concrete about the launch date. There is an article online that says that maruti is going to stop production of ritz as the sales are declining. I doubt that will happen as it still sells in decent numbers with the decade old design and without any marketing campaign.
I too doubt if Maruti will withdraw Ritz. Still sells 1000+ a month ( which is of course low on Maruti standards). But given that Maruti hasn't given any push to increase its sales, that number is good. Their focus was on totally different vehicles in 2015, but hope that changes towards Ritz in 2016.

The other aspect to note is the increasing number of Ritz taxi's. Many operators are buying Ritz LDI as city taxi in Bangalore.
Old 30th November 2015, 16:14   #1467
BHPian

Can someone suggest an upgrade from the OEM horn and headlamps on Ritz. Lately I've been carpooling with my colleague in a Polo and I feel the OEM horn in Polo is much more louder compared to what I have on Ritz. Also, I really want to upgrade to brighter headlights given the potholed roads of Bangalore and considering that I'll be going for a 5000+ kms drive soon for better highway visibility. Don't want something that'll blind the fellow passengers, just need something tad more bright. Please suggest with links or brand/model names of these two parts.

TIA.
Old 30th November 2015, 19:19   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Can someone suggest an upgrade from the OEM horn and headlamps on Ritz. Lately I've been carpooling with my colleague in a Polo and I feel the OEM horn in Polo is much more louder compared to what I have on Ritz. Also, I really want to upgrade to brighter headlights given the potholed roads of Bangalore and considering that I'll be going for a 5000+ kms drive soon for better highway visibility. Don't want something that'll blind the fellow passengers, just need something tad more bright. Please suggest with links or brand/model names of these two parts.

TIA.
I had upgraded to Philips extreme vision (55/60 w) in my car and was happy with that set up. It was almost good as a 90/100 upgrade my friend is having in his Ritz. Now a days you can buy the above bulbs as a oem replacement from Maruti ASS.

Horn - upgraded to hella redgrill for highways and retained oem ones for city use ( with a switch to control the active horn)
Old 30th November 2015, 20:22   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post

TIA.
I have also upgraded to Phillips Extreme Vision 55/60W and the performance is superior. Worth the investment in good set of bulbs.
Old 1st December 2015, 11:11   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
I had upgraded to Philips extreme vision (55/60 w) in my car and was happy with that set up. It was almost good as a 90/100 upgrade my friend is having in his Ritz. Now a days you can buy the above bulbs as a oem replacement from Maruti ASS.

Horn - upgraded to hella redgrill for highways and retained oem ones for city use ( with a switch to control the active horn)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
I have also upgraded to Phillips Extreme Vision 55/60W and the performance is superior. Worth the investment in good set of bulbs.
Woah! Double nod, eh?! Going to get this done soon. Should I buy these online and take them to Maruti to fit them or should I buy it off them. I'm assuming they definitely won't have Hella Horn so that I'll get it fixed from some other garage.

Most Viewed