Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 10:59   #1906
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Well, the user manual recommends range, depending upon number of persons, for front tyres to be 30 to 36 psi and rear tyres 30 to 41 psi !
Isn't it a bit too high as compared to other cars or am I missing something.
stick to the lower values, i also find it very funny in ford cars but i think you should stick to the lower values
Old 12th April 2010, 11:47   #1907
Senior - BHPian

30Psi if fine! Anything more and the ride becomes very bumpy.
When I took the car from the showroom the tyres had 32-33Psi.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th April 2010 at 16:18. Reason: Discussion on Mod actions is not allowed, if you have a query then use the contact us form. Thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 12:26   #1908
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
30Psi if fine! Anything more and the ride becomes very bumpy.
When I took the car from the showroom the tyres had 32-33Psi.
you should only fill the amount given in your manual/stamped on the car door. Dont just blindly go for 30 psi, My fusion has 34 in front & 32 in rear, while my ikon has 32 in front & 30 in rear.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th April 2010 at 16:19. Reason: Removed the refernce to Mod action in the quoted post which has been removed now, thanks
Old 12th April 2010, 12:30   #1909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
WOW!
Ok, let's consider the ex-showroom prices of chennai as per mfgr website:
MARUTI SWIFT ZXI (BHARAT STAGE IV) 526552/-
Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol Titanium 442900/-
Difference in Year 2010 : 83652/-
OTR price difference will be closer to a lakh taking into consideration Insurance/Regn etc.

Going by the method of "forecasting" taught at my school, (though I don;t remember anything they taught at school, let alone forecasting...BTW in which class at school level, this "forecasting" is taught), I can forecast with a reasonable degree of accuracy and most conservative of gauranteed investment options avlbl as of today to end up almost doubling this 100K at the end of 5 yrs.
Going by your logic, you can invest the entire amount and travel by public transport. That will make your investments grow even more.

Quote:
Fast Forward to 2014/15:
Swift purchased today will be closer to a decade old model (or will it be more?) Figo's age will be half of swift. Swifts resale value must be at least 200K more than Figo at this point in time. I don't know which model of forecasting will guarantee this difference in resale value?
Did you mean to say that since you invested 1 lakh more in the Swift that 1 lakh should double to 2 lakh at the end of 5 years. I'm sorry buddy, the Swift is not a money doubling machine, but it won't be a dud in the market 5 years down the line.

Quote:
Talking of production capacity planning, Swift has 4-6 months waiting period. That's seems to me not very reasonable forecasting of market demand. Guess they actually took the input from a crystalball gazer!
LOL ! Looks like Ford went to the same crystal ball gazer which is why customers opting for squeeze are being squeezed like a lemon and Ford is starting a second shift on a newly commisioned plant.

I guess Ford fans are feeling bad when the negative aspects of the Figo are being pointed out. All cars have their positives and negatives so learn to take them in your stride. I'm not blinded by love for the Figo so I tend to see both sides of the coin.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:53   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Yes, I always do my tyres to 36 psi (front and back) when I do long drives on highways. Usually it is 3 people travelling in the car, including me. I do this, because of the unexpected holes, humps, bumps, gutters, that come on some highways..

Is this unsafe, by any chance? Why?
It is unsafe.
Depends completely on what you are filling in those tyres. Air expands with heat and tyres heat up when the vehicle is driven hard on the highway. Personal experience and measurements I have confirmed that in a span of 400 - 500 Km the tyre pressure does rise to about 40 PSI from 32 PSI when cold (Chennai - Vijaywada - GQ). The manufacturer compensates this and specifies a lower value.

If you are filling Nitrogen in you tyres, then you can go with 36 as it would remain so (more or less) even after a long haul of few hundred kilometers.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:04   #1911
BANNED

@sanjayc : Fast Forward to 2014/15

Too difficult to see what happens in 2014/15. To speculate that Swift will have more resale value than Figo in that timeframe, is very presumptive. My take on this is....

We are on the start of a great inflection curve in Automotive technology. By 2014/2015, almost all new cars sold in advanced markets would be electric cars. India would be following very closely (maybe 1-2 years behind), with a large part of the cars being sold in India being electric, as well. Electric cars would have become substantially cheaper, thanks to large volumes and mass manufacturing. Battery technology would have advanced significantly with lots of money being thrown into battery technology research lately.

So, dont expect any of the Petrol / Diesel cars bought today to have much resale value in 2014/2015 timeframe... They would still be on the roads for another 10-15 years.. But reselling them wont fetch too much money....

I guess I am OT, because if I really wanted to buy a Figo (or Swift) I would go ahead and buy it, without worrying too much about 2014/15 timeframe.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:18   #1912
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo - Got Fida

Just had a test drive yesterday for FIGO ... Dealer was Planet Ford. He welcomed me & asked if i need any refreshments. It felt good. I guess dealers are now improved with the launch of Figo. Anyways there was a green color Figo available with Coral color interiors. I guess Ford should display other color in the show room with black interior. It will make good impression for buyers at first go. I will prefer Black or Red figo for display with black interiors.

Anyways, dealer promptly arranged for the test drive of Petrol one. Both cars where available for the TD. I drove the car & felt really nice. What i liked most is its powerful AC. On 1 speed also it was really good compared to current hot conditions. Dealer guy explained that its the biggest AC in the segment, Some 145 cc odd. I don't know how car AC is measured. Please help me.

Anyways ride was good. Engine is smooth & silent inside the car. Pick up is also good with AC. I liked the space inside the car & the quality of interiors. Overall really a good package. No doubt it sold 7200 in first month itself. Frankly speaking i liked the car. Surely it will compete & make them run for there money with market leaders like Swift, Vista, i20 & Polo.

Note: Coral color dashboard is not that bad in actual that it looked in photos. But if i wanna buy i will buy black only

Last edited by aniketi : 12th April 2010 at 15:20.
Old 12th April 2010, 16:01   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
you should only fill the amount given in your manual/stamped on the car door. Dont just blindly go for 30 psi, My fusion has 34 in front & 32 in rear, while my ikon has 32 in front & 30 in rear.

Mkerala got banned? I dont know why this happened.
Right mustang, On the door of the Figo its say 30-32Psi for 1-3 passengers.
And for 3-5 passengers it suggests 36Psi
Old 12th April 2010, 16:13   #1914
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Right mustang, On the door of the Figo its say 30-32Psi for 1-3 passengers.
And for 3-5 passengers it suggests 36Psi
Yes now do what i am telling you, I think it mentions these values for both front & rear tires.

You fill 32 in front & 30 in the rear ones. If you are carrying a full load of 5 passengers, then only go for the 36 values
Old 12th April 2010, 16:28   #1915
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Squeeze TDCi is my office again. It sounded quite loud on the outside. Definitely more than the Swift and Punto diesels. You don't quite realize the sound on the inside though.

Regn # 9209. Does it belong to a TBHP-ian by any chance?
Old 12th April 2010, 17:42   #1916
BHPian

[quote=Mustang.101;1832570]Ok this is here but i got some shocking news today only.

The Good Part : Expect The Fiesta Hatch to be launched next year & extensive testing has now started again. It will be launched after Q2 next year.

The Not so Ugly part :

The fiesta hatch is neither going to be cheap & nor is it going to be very expensive, Expect base model pricing to start at around 6 lacs ex-showroom delhi. <-----------Liable to change anytime without prior notice

quote]

well that is certainly interesting!fiesta hatch will be the best looking one on the roads then.It certainly looks far better than the sedan and hopefully will appeal to people inspite of premium price, now that i20 and jazz have helped people warm up to hacthes at sedan price.
Now only the interior has to be top notch.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:45   #1917
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
well that is certainly interesting!fiesta hatch will be the best looking one on the roads then.It certainly looks far better than the sedan and hopefully will appeal to people inspite of premium price, now that i20 and jazz have helped people warm up to hacthes at sedan price.
Now only the interior has to be top notch.
Didnt you check out the new ford fiesta interior scoop pics by me?

Its right here!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rior-pics.html
Old 12th April 2010, 17:45   #1918
BHPian

all figo diesel owners: What rev band do you keep your car and when do you upshift?
I keep the car at 1500-1800 rpm and upshift above that.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:50   #1919
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
all figo diesel owners: What rev band do you keep your car and when do you upshift?
wrong you should upshift at/above 2500 rpm for the TDCI engine. I think this is the reason why you were feeling sluggishness in your car. I change gears at around 2700-3000 rpm in my fusion TDCi. Do change only above 2500 rpm or you will find it quite difficult to drive.

Last edited by Dippy : 14th April 2010 at 08:37. Reason: changing rpm to lower case
Old 12th April 2010, 17:56   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Upshift at 2200-2400 if you are a sedate driver. But whatever you do, don't lug the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
wrong ! you should upshift at/above 2500 rpm for the TDCI engine. I think this is the reason why you were feeling sluggishness in your car. I change gears at around 2700-3000 rpm in my fusion TDCi. Do change only above 2500 Rpm or you will find it quite difficult to drive.
I usually upshift at 3000 in the city in a 1.6S. It gets quite noisy at 3000 RPM in the TDCi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks