Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 17:51   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Harit have you seen the mine owners cars?
If I may ask, why do you ask? There is some dispute. And I said similar cars, they are large Merc convertibles but I am not sure which series.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:48   #1727
BANNED

Quote:
Harit have you seen the mine owners cars?
I have. AFAIK they are not the above series. Frankly if i look at a Mercedes other then the common ones, I can't easily recall the series they belong to at first glance.

No pictures sorry. But then again i don't think they are from any "rare" series of Mercedes convertibles.

Disclaimer: Again i can be wrong here as this was a long time back.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:13   #1728
Senior - BHPian

harit no dispute as far as I am concerned they are not from the same serires as mallya's but from 170 and older (1920 to 40) variety. I think Mallya car maybe the only one. Are your refering to the ones in the private musem?

I also think hardtop coupes may be more rare than the cab as if I am not wrong this was one model that sold more in cab than hardtop as against the norm

spitfire - mercedes 170 convertible images - Google Images this may jog your memory

Last edited by canonball : 29th September 2009 at 22:15.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:24   #1729
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Disclaimer: Again i can be wrong here as this was a long time back.
Called up a friend who might have knwon\remembered better. Harit and I may not be speaking of the same mine owner after all. If he resides in Panaji then we are talking of the same car/s. But as per my friend the cars are no longer with him and he needs to find out where they have gone.

Quote:
spitfire - mercedes 170 convertible images - Google Images this may jog your memory
oh thanks for that. But I remember, it was a newer series. Let me try and see what my friend gets back with.
Old 30th September 2009, 17:54   #1730
BHPian

Heard from a vintage car "broker" in Chennai that a single owner 1957 Fiat 1100 is available for sale in Kerala. Anyone interested can contact the seller directly at prasanthg_g@hotmail.com.

Last edited by Jai3033 : 30th September 2009 at 17:55.
Old 30th September 2009, 21:10   #1731
Senior - BHPian

OK to put all stories at rest, i was talking about the MG being exported, thanks JayD.

Prices here are prevailing according to the market conditions. Today due to recession i feel prices have come down to somewhat realistic levels, of course not for all cars. If a rare ne pops up, im sure its going to be lapped up at ridiculous prices, even these days but how many high level investors/collectors are there today who would put their bucks on an investment like this. Very very few. I would say there are more middle men than actual buyers today. Everyone wants to make a quick free buck.

Coming back to our car here, maybe its a W111 or a W108/9, who knows until one sees pics or the car. Many would not be able to tell the difference between the two.

I do not know why the MG is being exported, what is the state of the car or even if the car exists. Probably i was fed with that information just like that.

It was a simple query to find out if the W108 (and definitely not the W107 or the W111 which Mallaya has) This is the car that Wasif has posted and is seen in the recent film Hangover.

My guy will get back to me in a few days which is when i will share what he has told me (not entirely though).

Since i heard it from a reliable source i thought of sharing it with you, if some of you, maybe, would have heard of it.
IMHO this is a myth, if it is not, im saving money to get her, 280 or 300 se convertible, whatever she is, if she is, that is!!

Now this thread is going off topic and i see myself as largely being responsible for that happening....lets get back on the track shall we...!!
Old 1st October 2009, 14:23   #1732
Senior - BHPian

A decent condition Herald can be seen here going @ 60 Grand in Secunderabad, shyam are you listening.

Good Condition Herald Car For Sale Expecting 60,000/- For Sale, hyderabad, India 2257290
Old 1st October 2009, 14:27   #1733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
A decent condition Herald can be seen here going @ 60 Grand in Secunderabad, shyam are you listening.

Good Condition Herald Car For Sale Expecting 60,000/- For Sale, hyderabad, India 2257290
I'm sure Shyam is aware of it, he had posted pictures of the car earlier.
Old 1st October 2009, 20:38   #1734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I'm sure Shyam is aware of it, he had posted pictures of the car earlier.
Indeed! And frankly, I never found this an interesting one at all! It used to be with a dealer in Masab tank (who owns a LHD 1100 deluxe too) and though a '64 model, was fitted with a later (mk2) bonnet. Then he got this one from a '62 Herald ('can note the difference in the vent at the top) from Madras and had it fitted.
Last I spoke to him couple of weks ago, he said he still had the car.
'didn't know when it was sold to Secunderabad.

And incidentally, sorry for the delay on this but been rather busy with my job and the net has been pathetic at home, sometimes unable to post here!

There is another herald for sale here, also a '64 mk1 I was told with fitness upto 2010/11. Asking was 55k or so. Anyone interested can pm me for the contact no. I suspect it could be this very car, although can't be sure not having seen the 'other' one.
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:23   #1735
BHPian

Check this camper VW Van

http://www.autox.in/images-sep09/van-s.jpg
Old 3rd October 2009, 02:38   #1736
BHPian

Nice van but a bit too expensive.

Would have been great if it was a RHD rather than a LHD
Old 3rd October 2009, 17:38   #1737
BHPian

+1 to that.
2.5 lacs is too upward for a 27 year old camper!!
Old 4th October 2009, 07:48   #1738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
+1 to that.
2.5 lacs is too upward for a 27 year old camper!!
A similar one in Bangy with a broken windshield was 500 grand asking
Old 4th October 2009, 10:13   #1739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A similar one in Bangy with a broken windshield was 500 grand asking
For what its worth that camper looks good to me at that price. Look at it this way its all ready without any work required and its value will only go up in the future.

So if there is anyone interested then its a good medium term investment.
Old 4th October 2009, 10:26   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
For what its worth that camper looks good to me at that price. Look at it this way its all ready without any work required and its value will only go up in the future.

So if there is anyone interested then its a good medium term investment.
That's a fair price for one here in N.A. without the diesel engine which I have never seen here. These "campers" are seldom used and as it has low milage and well kept, in India I would have thought it would go for more.

Anyone know where it is located?

Anyone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks