Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 13:03   #1621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Guys do these fiats and marutis really deserve to be on this thread? They are not classics by any standard and simply clog up the thread. Why not have a separate section for them. This is a humble request to the mods as I am tired of going through these countless fiat/maruti posts.
Classics are post WWII ones, and these do fall in the category. These machines carry a good history and hence deserve to be here, I believe. I am sure you'll get more views 'bout Fiats and MS800s which'll be ample to trigger a change in your thoughts.
Old 4th September 2009, 13:13   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
Classics are post WWII ones, and these do fall in the category. These machines carry a good history and hence deserve to be here, I believe. I am sure you'll get more views 'bout Fiats and MS800s which'll be ample to trigger a change in your thoughts.
I agree with Manish. This is a "classics " thread, and should be restricted to Classics as classified, maybe maximum upto 1965! Though classics as I understand are cars more than 40 years old. Moreover not all Mass produced cars can get classified as classics.
Can the Mods please take appropiate action. Maybe for fiats a seperate thread which exists be used, though in classics should be limited to say 1969.
Old 4th September 2009, 13:22   #1623
BHPian

@scooby / manish: We should appreciate these beauties as well, they maynot appeal to you in person but to many others here they do. There are people who're into restoration of these like Stanher and Karlos, I think if a 80s M800 and Fiat irks you, then simply ignore the post rather than hitting out on it.
Nothing in person mate, just an opinion. Since the posts here are not just "any" info but are targetted to some purpose.
Old 4th September 2009, 13:38   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
@scooby / manish: We should appreciate these beauties as well, they maynot appeal to you in person but to many others here they do. There are people who're into restoration of these like Stanher and Karlos, I think if a 80s M800 and Fiat irks you, then simply ignore the post rather than hitting out on it.
Nothing in person mate, just an opinion. Since the posts here are not just "any" info but are targetted to some purpose.
Appreciate what youve said. Let there be a new thread "Indian Made Classics" This thread does otherwise get heaviliy loaded with Fiats at times. And Please also appreciate that a '85 M800 Cannot be termed as a classic Please.

Last edited by scooby05 : 4th September 2009 at 13:43.
Old 4th September 2009, 13:49   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Appreciate what youve said. Let there be a new thread "Indian Made Classics" This thread does otherwise get heaviliy loaded with Fiats at times. And Please also appreciate that a '85 M800 Cannot be termed as a classic Please.
there is no problem in having a separate thread, but I cant understand why some guys get irked on the mention of ss80 maruti as a collectible.
this is one car whose market price has gone up in the last year
Old 4th September 2009, 14:10   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
1975 model Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 for sale with original DCM Toyota 13B Engine and all original parts, Toyota Landcruiser winch..Owner is quoting 12L. photos are attached below. I would love to own it, but I feel its over priced....Please suggest me ?

How Can it be original with that engine??

Way Way overpriced.

I came across another of these in Delhi. that too had a DCM Toyota engine. This owner wasnt that absurd but absurd nevertheless.
Old 4th September 2009, 14:16   #1627
BHPian

I had a similar chance in 2002, we ended up buying the 13B-T engine and few related parts for one of our projects then, we attempted an extended chasis mahindra offroader with this engine (a direct injection and turbocarged). The project went successful and is still runing good with the owner.
Although in current senario its nowhere in competition with others but for an in-house attempt, it was a good one.
Old 4th September 2009, 14:23   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyer_made View Post
How Can it be original with that engine??

Way Way overpriced.

I came across another of these in Delhi. that too had a DCM Toyota engine. This owner wasnt that absurd but absurd nevertheless.
Delhi has many of these FJ40's since they were sold thru the STC in the '80s. I think a fair price for a fully restored should be around 6 lacs. I was offered an unrestored one for 3 lacs a year back from a dealer in Delhi.
Old 4th September 2009, 22:09   #1629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
there is no problem in having a separate thread, but I cant understand why some guys get irked on the mention of ss80 maruti as a collectible.
this is one car whose market price has gone up in the last year
I agree with you! If we can have a thread in the classics section for a SS80 why not list one for sale here. Besides 90% of the members are enthusiasts who look at an accessible classics as a step to getting more serious when finance permits.

In any case I have never seen a super rare car being listed for sale here.(they will always be traded in closed circles and never appear on a public forum) Why not atleast keep it lively with Fiats, Ambassadors and other accessible classics which are aloso featured occassionally.

As far as which is a classic and which is not is highly disputable and a topic of debate. This year at VCCCI's rally in Mumbai 57 Fiat and a 82 Bullet won prizes in the best maintained category and best restored category. Heck a Ponton was not considered a classic some years ago.

Cheers and keep posting options for all level of enthusiasts.
Old 6th September 2009, 11:46   #1630
Senior - BHPian

1932 fordY for sale

this ford Y for sale,asking Rs.6 lakhs
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00062.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00285.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 22:44   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
this ford Y for sale,asking Rs.6 lakhs

This car is in punjab have seen more pics of this car in rallys and know the owner.Does this car have a 4 cylinder engine or a V8 ?

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 6th September 2009 at 22:47.
Old 6th September 2009, 22:55   #1632
Senior - BHPian

The head lights seem non orignal. Arent they the after market fog lights fitted on jeeps, some SUV's and trucks?
Old 6th September 2009, 23:00   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
The head lights seem non orignal. Arent they the after market fog lights fitted on jeeps, some SUV's and trucks?

Very good point said well i saw that but didn't want to state it.These actually look pulled off from a old jeep.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 6th September 2009 at 23:07.
Old 6th September 2009, 23:02   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Those wheel caps are also non original among a host of other items.

Its a well kept car by the looks of it but liberties have been taken in its preservation.
Old 6th September 2009, 23:08   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Those wheel caps are also non original among a host of other items.

Its a well kept car by the looks of it but liberties have been taken in its preservation.

yes both sides have different wheel caps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks