Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 21:12   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Waahht? where do you come across all these 115's what happened to the one you were restoring, and going to paint leaf green. Buddy you leave us confused. Please clarify.
Old 28th July 2009, 21:28   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Waahht? where do you come across all these 115's what happened to the one you were restoring, and going to paint leaf green. Buddy you leave us confused. Please clarify.
i must be a Merc Magnet. I got it after i spoke to you in the evening about the cycle Was shown the car and struck the deal, presto. Grabbed the keys and drove it straight to the garage. Should be on the road by the end of this week. No major work. Not painting it for now. Paints quite good, not showroom condition though but must wait till my other cars get out.

The leaf green one is awaiting assembly, parked diagonally behind this car and is stalled, pending completion of my CJ-3B which i have given priority of completion lest i run out of rain OTR season. That should happen in a week or so from today so the green Merc, a W115 220 Petrol, also a LHD, will get full attention after around a week. I guess it should be able to be on the road by September. No work remains in the mechanical department. Only final painting and assembly.

Last edited by V-16 : 28th July 2009 at 21:30.
Old 28th July 2009, 21:51   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
i must be a Merc Magnet.
please attract a W107 towards you and then throw it at me. This is the first incident where a guy goes to buy a cycle and lands up buying a Mercedes. I assume there was no money to buy the cycle after you had bought the Mercedes
Old 28th July 2009, 23:30   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, lets just say it "WAS" for sale till this evening. if you know what i mean!!
W115 220D. LHD.
Congrats on another fine acquisition, sirji!

Incidentally, having gone through many posts (mostly yours) about the W115, I've been wanting to own one myself too one fine day! Considering how allergic Iam to most new cars!
Although I may prefer the petrol version, unless the Diesel version isn't like typically a Diesel car- if you know what I mean! I reckon, being a Merc, it wouldn't be though.
Old 29th July 2009, 10:25   #1535
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrey Gogiji! Congratulations - another three pointer in the fleet. One diesel to complement the other petrol. Once restored will make a great jodi.

Main chalaaon?
Old 29th July 2009, 11:15   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Gogi kaha kaha se dhund nikalta hai re tu? Good catch she seems intact, so you want use auto 220d as donor or what? Badly need a 77 through 78 W115 body any ideas one in Pune was grabbed by a fcommon riend :(

Amol - w107 there is a car I have tracked down and not able to go further as the it needs getting touch with the past owner, she was gold LHD i recall and had come for repair in a south mumbai garage, it then went to Gujarat unrepaired been trying to trace it!

There was a white one with choksi some years ago needed a lot attention lying on Linking road he wanted 6 lacs do you know where the car went?

PM'd you and thanks a ton bug67

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th July 2009 at 18:56. Reason: Quoted post & reply removed as per PM.
Old 29th July 2009, 11:34   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Gogi kaha kaha se dhund nikalta hai re tu? Good catch she seems intact, so you want use auto 220d as donor or what? Badly need a 77 through 78 W115 body any ideas one in Pune was grabbed by a fcommon riend :(

Amol - w107 there is a car I have tracked down and not able to go further as the it needs getting touch with the past owner, she was gold LHD i recall and had come for repair in a south mumbai garage, it then went to Gujarat unrepaired been trying to trace it!

There was a white one with chokso some years ago needed a lot attention lying on the road in Linking road he wanted 6 lacs do you know where the car went
I distinctly remember having seen a W107 at the Mahalaxmi garage about a year or more back, undergoing complete resotoration. Managed to track the owner too. It was a 450SLC. PM me if you interested in talking to the owner. Found him quite rude though and he refused to divulge much details. But the charm of Gogibhai and Canonball could work on this guy
Old 29th July 2009, 11:58   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Canonball, I have seen the gold LHD (either a 450SLC or a 350SLC) about 4 years back at Prabhadevi. There were bunch of gals and guys in it and the car was zooming beautifully at about 11:30 in the night. The looks of the car made me buy one and I had the pleasure of owning a 450SLC (1979 model) for a year when I was in Australia. Enjoyed everybit of the car. It truly is an amazing car and the handling is absolutely supereb Very low car. Will try and send some pictures of the same on this forum.
Old 29th July 2009, 16:39   #1539
BANNED

Quote:

Take a look at this.

Well, lets just say it "WAS" for sale till this evening. if you know what i mean!!
Well who cares, good for me.
Gogi bhai,

One more 3 pointer, congratulations.

Has the series completed or are there some more to complete the family of 3 pointers.

Best of luck and happy revving.

Last edited by ajmat : 29th July 2009 at 17:27. Reason: We are aware - under discussion
Old 29th July 2009, 20:00   #1540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Main chalaaon?
In a few days from now, be my guest Dipp....er Karlji!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
please attract a W107 towards you and then throw it at me.
If i dont get attracted to it first

Quote:
I assume there was no money to buy the cycle after you had bought the Mercedes
LOL!! How right you are!!
My mechanic could not believe himself. He has threatened to take sanyaas if i drive in another car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Congrats on another fine acquisition, sirji!
Incidentally, having gone through many posts (mostly yours) about the W115, I've been wanting to own one myself too one fine day!
Thanks Shyam, they are fast disappearing, the good ones i mean. Dont leave one if you find it.

Quote:
Gogi kaha kaha se dhund nikalta hai re tu? Good catch she seems intact, (
Bus yaar, im lucky to have them come to me.

Yes she is very intact and below the seat covers, the upholstery is almost brand new. Was a company director,s immaculate car until a dealer bought it and since then had parked it on the road where she was subject to minor vandalism. But thats in the past now. Needs a good coat of paint desperately but that is happening only after the rains.

Quote:
so you want use auto 220d as donor or what?

Quote:
Badly need a 77 through 78 W115 body any ideas one in Pune was grabbed by a fcommon riend : Badly need a 77 through 78 W115 body any ideas one in Pune was grabbed by a fcommon riend :
As far as my knowledge goes, the W115 production was stopped after 1976. the W123 started in late 1976 onwards. I know for sure also as i had one W123 220D which was imported from London in early 76, sans a/c.
A body will be very difficult to find. i had tried when i was restoring my W115 but then had to do with repairing the older body.

[/quote]QUOTE]Amol - w107 there is a car I have tracked down and not able to go further as the it needs getting touch with the past owner, she was gold LHD i recall and had come for repair in a south mumbai garage, it then went to Gujarat unrepaired been trying to trace it!
[/quote]

The Gold SL was parked in what was Bombay Garage at Walkeshwar. The engine was lying dismantled in the car and it was sold more than 10-15 years ago to my friend, who restored my R129 and is presently doing my W116, in Gujrat. The car was completed and painted flaming red and sold for a handsome profit to a collector. I might have some pics of the restored car, ill see if i can scan them and put them up. Do you know it was procured for less than a lakh? Well eat your heart out but that was almost a decade or more ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
I distinctly remember having seen a W107 at the Mahalaxmi garage about a year or more back, undergoing complete resotoration. Managed to track the owner too. It was a 450SLC. PM me if you interested in talking to the owner. Found him quite rude though and he refused to divulge much details. But the charm of Gogibhai and Canonball could work on this guy
I know of two 450 SLCs. One in Mumbai which was dark metallic green with huge chrome rims, then went on t become black with ugly rims and then it disappeared. I think the number was also MAR 450.

The second is at Hyderabad with a dealer friend. He just recently bought it and claims it is immaculate. I believe it is blue and not for sale but then all dealers say that. One can try if one knows him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Canonball, I have seen the gold LHD (either a 450SLC or a 350SLC) about 4 years back at Prabhadevi. There were bunch of gals and guys in it and the car was zooming beautifully at about 11:30 in the night. The looks of the car made me buy one and I had the pleasure of owning a 450SLC (1979 model) for a year when I was in Australia. Enjoyed everybit of the car. It truly is an amazing car and the handling is absolutely supereb Very low car. Will try and send some pictures of the same on this forum.
Truly. I think the older SLs had more character than the new ones.

Theres a 280 SLC in Poona in a private collection. It was copper coloured till recently, when i saw it it was some horrific greyish blue shade. Not for sale again.

The Gold SLC you may have seen in Walkeshwar might be (of course i might be mistaken) a 380SL with a hard top.
This particular car was in Geetanjali building, which had a unique claim to fame. It had two 380 SLCs. One the Gold and the other a White, owned by separate persons. The gold was MH-01-S-85...something that added to a total of nine. The car was neglected, then disappeared and reappeared in the collection of Sameer Kadam a very dear friend and collector. It is presently in his collection. One can recognise Sameer's cars with "K" emblem which adorns all his cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Gogi bhai,

One more 3 pointer, congratulations.

Has the series completed or are there some more to complete the family of 3 pointers.

Best of luck and happy revving.
Thanks Pavan but theres a lot more to be, some i cant even afford for the time being but who knows. The search is on.
Old 29th July 2009, 23:36   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Shyam, they are fast disappearing, the good ones i mean. Dont leave one if you find it.
Indeed I won't, provided provided I can persuade my mom to leave some cash of hers, as at the moment it wouldn't be affordable on mine alone!
Old 30th July 2009, 07:43   #1542
Senior - BHPian

SS80 Maruti SS80 lovers,

I come across two SS80 available for sale in chennai, interested people please contact the dealer directly at 9884059032 (Mr.Bharani)
Old 30th July 2009, 10:47   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Gogi as mentioned earlier the W115 came in a slighthly altered version in its last year of production so may have my years mixed up. There for using a generic W115 body may not be a viable option. This car is a late 76 early 77 (They have w123 windscreens and A pillar is different from other W115!) there sorucing body is becoming difficult was year is this car you bought?
Old 3rd August 2009, 22:01   #1544
BHPian

To old car lovers, what is that car Richard Gere drives in American Gigolo. Beautiful car that was, a Merc to top it all.
Old 4th August 2009, 00:27   #1545
BHPian

Hi All

This is really very informative and will let people like me know where to look out for in case of requirement for the classics.

Thanks and regards

Sushil narayanan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks