Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 23:19   #1636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
This car is in punjab have seen more pics of this car in rallys and know the owner.Does this car have a 4 cylinder engine or a V8 ?
Wow, the front seems to be holding up remarkably well for that! Is it on Billsteins?

Last edited by Prabal : 6th September 2009 at 23:24. Reason: Shocker!
Old 6th September 2009, 23:48   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Wow, the front seems to be holding up remarkably well for that! Is it on Billsteins?

don't know have contacted the owner and inder pal ji waiting for a reply from them.

There is a Baby Hindustan Tiger for sale.This car has a 1000cc engine and is in decent condition any takers for her ?

Last edited by Dippy : 7th September 2009 at 10:49.
Old 7th September 2009, 18:54   #1638
Senior - BHPian

1974 Lincoln Continental for sale in Delhi. 12 lakhs!!!!

Used Lincoln Continental Cars, Prices in New Delhi | Compare Car

@Indrojit - Is the Baby Hindustan in Kolkata? How much is the asking price?
Old 7th September 2009, 19:17   #1639
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Appreciate what youve said. Let there be a new thread "Indian Made Classics" This thread does otherwise get heaviliy loaded with Fiats at times. And Please also appreciate that a '85 M800 Cannot be termed as a classic Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
there is no problem in having a separate thread, but I cant understand why some guys get irked on the mention of ss80 maruti as a collectible.
this is one car whose market price has gone up in the last year
Truly agree,

An SS80 by no standards can be termed a classic. It will take 5 more decades for SS80 to catch up with some other classics in terms of price also.

Its pure mistake and is irrelevant to have it amongst the actual classics on a Forum like this. Gross Technical Error

I've reported this to the moderators, but somehow none seem to respond in having it removed from there.
Old 7th September 2009, 20:20   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a Baby Hindustan Tiger for sale.This car has a 1000cc engine and is in decent condition any takers for her ?
Is it a two door? What year is it? What is the price?
Thanks
Old 7th September 2009, 23:07   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
1974 Lincoln Continental for sale in Delhi. 12 lakhs!!!!

Used Lincoln Continental Cars, Prices in New Delhi | Compare Car

@Indrojit - Is the Baby Hindustan in Kolkata? How much is the asking price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Is it a two door? What year is it? What is the price?
Thanks

There are two cars one is a morris minor 2 door convertible and the other is a baby hindustan tiger 1000cc four door.Will confirm you the price and other details please let me know if you are interested.

1968 Opel Rekord car-a-van(station wagon) for sale.

It has a 6 cylinder 3.2 l engine.Completely running car with all original upholstry and everything working including clock.Left hand drive.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th September 2009 at 10:24.
Old 8th September 2009, 00:17   #1642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are two cars one is a morris minor 2 door convertible and the other is a baby hindustan tiger 1000cc four door.Will confirm you the price and other details please let me know if you are interested.

The convertible is a low light version till what i remember.
Old 8th September 2009, 02:33   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
Delhi has many of these FJ40's since they were sold thru the STC in the '80s. I think a fair price for a fully restored should be around 6 lacs. I was offered an unrestored one for 3 lacs a year back from a dealer in Delhi.
Any more info on that Scooby ?
Old 8th September 2009, 09:11   #1644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Delhi has many of these FJ40's since they were sold thru the STC in the '80s.
I happen to notice a rather complete-looking orange one sitting at a local garage here.

No idea if it is for sale though. 'haven't seen the engine (yet) either.
Old 8th September 2009, 09:56   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Truly agree,

An SS80 by no standards can be termed a classic. It will take 5 more decades for SS80 to catch up with some other classics in terms of price also.

Its pure mistake and is irrelevant to have it amongst the actual classics on a Forum like this. Gross Technical Error

I've reported this to the moderators, but somehow none seem to respond in having it removed from there.
the maruti ss80 is already 25 plus old,so another 5 decades means 75plus years, so PAVANji you mean to say only 75 plus years are classics!!!
I was always wondering who was behind pushing this thread twice out of this forum,now I know the hands behind it.
for your kind info,please go the number of views this thread has got which justifies its inclusion in this classic subforum
Old 8th September 2009, 10:03   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Ajay in my view and of others the Maruti would not classify actually as a classic but an interesting car to own.

If the 25 year mark was a yardstic for claiming classic status then even our old Bajaj Autos will be wanting classic status.

There is a place for this thread which I guess is in the Indian Cars thread but definitely not in the Vintage cars & Classic Cars in India section.

Having said that I actually have no issues with wherever this thread is located.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:03   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys !
I don't think we are going to get anywhere arguing about the "Classic or Non-Classic" status of our or any cars. Ultimately the purpose of this forum is to be informative and useful, and not to start needless personal arguments.
If we do decide to stick to international definitions and standards, let me tell you, that more that 50 percent of all the claimed "Vintages, Classics, and Recent Classics" currently in India would fail the test. I may have ruffled a lot of feathers with this statement, but it is my humble opinion, and do correct me if I'm wrong.
Why not sit back and enjoy what TBhp is meant for ?
Cheers !
Old 8th September 2009, 12:11   #1648
Distinguished - BHPian

We really have no proper definition/boundaries/limits in place as to what is and isn't a classic/vintage etc.

From what I see the SS80 is discussed in a manner similar to the way we discuss collectable cars - Japanese tail lamp lenses, original shade of leather, original stickers in the engine bay etc. That makes it a classic to me. I use the term classic loosely, please note. Today most people are looking to acquire one for its collectable value, very rarely for rudimentary transortation purposes (on this forum I mean). It really doesn no harm to be present on this thread, so live and let live I say, and lets get back on track.
Old 8th September 2009, 12:51   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Why not sit back and enjoy what TBhp is meant for ?
Cheers !
I agree with this. No point in discussing what is a classic and what is not. To some it may be to some it may not, Whats the point of discussing it and moving away the main topic of discussion.
Old 9th September 2009, 23:36   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Hi sorry

i made a mistake the baby hindustan is not a baby hindustan it is a morris minor with the 1000cc enigne.Sorry for this.The car is complete and is in a good condition.

Sorry friends.

Quote:

1968 Opel Rekord car-a-van(station wagon) for sale.

It has a 6 cylinder 3.2 l engine.Completely running car with all original upholstry and everything working including clock.Left hand drive.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.
Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks