Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 11:49   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
THe key is to buy on condition. I could buy a shed for 1 Lakh and spend 3 lakhs on parts and labour to bring it upto a standard or buy this original beauty with some negotiation.

Which route is easier and takes less time ?

Agreed the VW is overpriced. If it was totally original, might be worth a look
Well prices for the cars is totally subjective, there is no MRP for them or any yardstick by which we can price them. What might be overpriced for one might not be for other. And many times the cars go for much lesser than what we offer, it's all part of Life.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:11   #1607
Senior - BHPian

There are some good cars fro sale in the classified section.I saw some while i was posting my ad there.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:24   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
1975 model Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 for sale with original DCM Toyota 13B Engine and all original parts, Toyota Landcruiser winch..Owner is quoting 12L. photos are attached below. I would love to own it, but I feel its over priced....Please suggest me ?
I think 5 - 6 lacs would be a very good price for the owner. It may be rare but it does not appeal to everyone, especially vintage/classic car collectors.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:20   #1609

Advice on buying an Isuzu Gemini '83

Fellow BHPians,
This is call for advice on buying this Isuzu Gemini that is available (Team-BHP Classifieds - 1983 Isuzu Gemini 1817cc Diesel **Price Slashed !!!** - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds).

The car seems to be in very good condition. I am a little concerned about maintenance though. As I live in Bangalore, will engine parts, filters, suspensions components, etc be easily available. If anyone does know where, then do let me know. Also this will be my first car so please advice keeping that in mind. Overall from what i know, the Geminis were reliable cars esp. the 1.8L diesel engine (this car has the same).
This car does not have an A/C, will it be too cumbersome a job to get one fitted?
Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:20   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000ad View Post
Fellow BHPians,
This is call for advice on buying this Isuzu Gemini that is available (Team-BHP Classifieds - 1983 Isuzu Gemini 1817cc Diesel **Price Slashed !!!** - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds).

The car seems to be in very good condition. I am a little concerned about maintenance though. As I live in Bangalore, will engine parts, filters, suspensions components, etc be easily available. If anyone does know where, then do let me know. Also this will be my first car so please advice keeping that in mind. Overall from what i know, the Geminis were reliable cars esp. the 1.8L diesel engine (this car has the same).
This car does not have an A/C, will it be too cumbersome a job to get one fitted?

Well according to me parts would be difficult to find and this car has done a lot of milage and is prone to giving trouble.Since it is your first car it is advicable to go for something you can really drive around and will not be expensive for you yto repair incase of any damages.As far as fitting an A/c it is not difficult but you muight have to get a new radiator and some other stuff for it.Another thing is that it might be difficult for you because the karnataka cops are damn strict about out station cars and since it is not a Euro 2 compliant they will not transfer it.So these are a few things you need to figure out before you go for this car.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:22   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow BHPians,

If its your first car and your budget is in the region of 60K, why dont you get somthing that will be easier to look after? Like an older 800 or esteem? It will be easier to get parts and alot easier to repair if something goes wrong. Ask yourself if this is a practical buy?
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:03   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow BHPians,

Seniors have given a sound advice. But if you r looking for something different or classic sort of, then Fiat Selects (1959 -64) are available, one car in recent classic category will be the SS80 and SS80 DX (the original suzuki 800).
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:05   #1613
Senior - BHPian

Even with fiats you would face the problem of finding parts for the car and the car would spend more time in the workshop than with you and would cost you as lot!
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:25   #1614
BHPian

SS80 DX For Sale in Mumbai!

Just stumbled on this link online. I havent contacted the seller.
Any on interested can do so!

Maruti (Old Shape) Japanese Model - 1986 - Mumbai - Cars - maruti old model 1986

Classic Cars available for purchase-32568033_1.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-32568033_2.jpg

good luck!
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:38   #1615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Just stumbled on this link online. I havent contacted the seller.
Any on interested can do so!

Maruti (Old Shape) Japanese Model - 1986 - Mumbai - Cars - maruti old model 1986
good luck!
Thanks Suresh! Car looks pretty decent.

'just called him up, the line was busy. 'will try again.

Of course this ad is more than 2 months old, I hope the car is still around!
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:54   #1616
Distinguished - BHPian

NOTE: 'was unable to edit my previous post by including this because of my PC acting up!

Anyways, to continue from my last post, I got to speak to the seller finally- he said the car was sold the very day it was advertised!! He unfortunately isn't able to get the ad off that site!

Better luck next time (again!).........:sigh:
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:44   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
NOTE: 'was unable to edit my previous post by including this because of my PC acting up!

Anyways, to continue from my last post, I got to speak to the seller finally- he said the car was sold the very day it was advertised!! He unfortunately isn't able to get the ad off that site!

Better luck next time (again!).........:sigh:

Thats the problem with OLX. Anything you advertise stays there forever.

There is a 1957 Studebaker, 1981 BMW 316 for sale here in chennai. The ad was posted in the Hindu classified on 30th august. Here is the contact number. 9382167656-Immanuel.

Immanuel is a famous dealer here.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:45   #1618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Immanuel is a famous dealer here.
Isn't this guy based in Puthupet? He had (& I think still has) a mint '54-55 millecento (black with APC regn.) at his shop. NOT for sale though.
Old 4th September 2009, 12:56   #1619
BHPian

Guys do these fiats and marutis really deserve to be on this thread? They are not classics by any standard and simply clog up the thread. Why not have a separate section for them. This is a humble request to the mods as I am tired of going through these countless fiat/maruti posts.
Old 4th September 2009, 13:00   #1620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Isn't this guy based in Puthupet? He had (& I think still has) a mint '54-55 millecento (black with APC regn.) at his shop. NOT for sale though.
I think this guy is in Teynampet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks