Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2014, 14:47   #4321
BHPian

re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Having read many posts about cars without valid books thing have noticed is that it is the guys who are in the restoration field who always complain about rules being strict and not user friendly. Why is it so? Is it because they are not able to get stupendous profits when they try to sell those cars without documents. The quoted price for the blue fintail is equal or higher than the market price for a similar car with proper and valid documentation.
sankar009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 15:10   #4322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
With stupid impractical RTO rules in this country, we have no choice, but to buy some valid paper & drive the car.Only solution. Most old cars have this problem.
Agree with you on most counts Sir. The lousy rules are not just the MV/RTO but everything else in general in this country. It is by and large designed to bully the common man. There is nothing even close to "common sense" in very many of the rules and regulations. There are countless times wherein you are made to feel cheap and humiliated running pillar to post from one Dept to the other. Vast majority of the rules are rife with contradictions and pettiness. I ran around for more than a year in Bangalore RTO to get a name change done without success. Then I paid an agent 2500/- and it was done in 2 days. Goes to show what matters...If one has done any paper work in the developed world one would know how far back in time we really are...
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:48   #4323
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is a RARE, 1929 Triumph Seven for sale. Advts will appear in OLX & TBhp.

The Advt is up.
http://chennai.olx.in/1929-vintage-t...-iid-687296016

I remember seeing this rare car in one my visits to Team CSA

Classic Cars available for purchase-1407034809_687296016_1.jpg

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 12:06   #4324
Senior - BHPian

links:

http://www.mstcecommerce.com/auction...ot_details.jsp

http://www.mstcecommerce.com/auction...ots=&sell=6693

NOTE :- there is an MSTC auction started and going on right now till 3:30 pm, wherein kerala STC Trivandrum is selling a nice Contessa car disguised as an old bus !

"MSTC/BLR/Kerala State Road Transport Corporation/16/Trivandrum/14-15/4765
item 01
SCRAP BUS
BONNET NO.KL 01T 3130
Reg.No.KL O1T 3130
MAKE.Contessa car
Date of Commission.06.09.2000
Date of Withdrawal30.03.2012

CENTRAL WORKS, PAPPANAMCODE State :Kerala"
vinay kamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 12:17   #4325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
links:

NOTE :- there is an MSTC auction started and going on right now till 3:30 pm, wherein kerala STC Trivandrum is selling a nice Contessa car disguised as an old bus !

item 01
SCRAP BUS
BONNET NO.KL 01T 3130
Reg.No.KL O1T 3130
MAKE.Contessa car

Link is not working, does it need login credentials to view the page?

Have they posted any pictures of the car?
Old 4th August 2014, 13:39   #4326
Senior - BHPian

Zenren , sorry I was offline till a few minutes ago.

its best to call Shri N Bhadranandan 0471-2478685 or email him at cpskeralartc@gmail.com , who is their contact person of this auction.

yes, prior registration with MSTC is needed to bid.

there are no pictures of the car.
Old 4th August 2014, 14:18   #4327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar009 View Post
Having read many posts about cars without valid books thing have noticed is that it is the guys who are in the restoration field who always complain about rules being strict and not user friendly. Why is it so? Is it because they are not able to get stupendous profits when they try to sell those cars without documents. The quoted price for the blue fintail is equal or higher than the market price for a similar car with proper and valid documentation.
JUST to get facts straight. Not all restorers trade in cars. Pause,reflect, before making a general statement. RTO's are a menace. It is a well known fact. Apparently, persons who have dealt with RTO will know the hassles. Others will not.
C.S.ANANTH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 17:04   #4328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
links:

item 01
SCRAP BUS
BONNET NO.KL 01T 3130
Reg.No.KL O1T 3130
MAKE.Contessa car

The Conty was sold for Rs 33,000/=
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 17:16   #4329
BHPian

The blue fintail is being sold without papers for a reason, buyers, please remember the term CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Some sellers may hide certain facts regarding documentation of a car, but to generally condemn restorer/sellers is a bit unfair.It is for the buyer to check both the car and its documents/provenance and then decide.

To comment on Mr Ananth's post, I cannot agree that one needs to buy papers of any old car to be able to use a car without documents. Quite frankly, that is illegal and I am suprised that this is suggested as a way out,.

Better to trace the file of the car, pay your taxes and get the documents in order. Of course if you have bought a car that has been scrapped and registration cancelled, you have a problem

At times, cars have papers but the seller may not reveal the fact as the papers may have a problem.I am informed, the blue fintail falls in this category.Hopefully I am wrong and the car manages to find its papers and a good home.
Bulldogji is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 17:01   #4330
BHPian

A little warning for those 'creating' papers for their cars:
Someone I know who paid to have papers done received a letter from the concerned RTO a few months later, stating that the registration was done fraudulently by creating a computer entry and the registration stands cancelled. Further they asked the owner should appear before the RTO to justify the reasons.

So please take care while dealing in such matters.

Last edited by manishk123 : 5th August 2014 at 17:02.
manishk123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 20:58   #4331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JUST to get facts straight. Not all restorers trade in cars. Pause,reflect, before making a general statement. RTO's are a menace. It is a well known fact. Apparently, persons who have dealt with RTO will know the hassles. Others will not.
I agree with ananth sir that all '' restorers'' are not traders, while many ''traders'' are ''restorers'' also. I dont know about the RTO's in other places, but in Kerala RTO offices have a very better image compared to what it was a decade back.It is fully computerised,Networked,efficient and transparent as most details are on the website
ajay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 11:36   #4332
Senior - BHPian

http://hubli.olx.in/morris-minor-tiger-iid-690889576
When will the asking price of morris minor cars touch 8 digit figure???
morris minors were quoting in 5 digits in2004,.in 2007 it became 6digits, in 2013,it became7 digits....

Last edited by ajay99 : 10th August 2014 at 11:38.
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 16:49   #4333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
To comment on Mr Ananth's post, I cannot agree that one needs to buy papers of any old car to be able to use a car without documents. Quite frankly, that is illegal and I am suprised that this is suggested as a way out,.

Better to trace the file of the car, pay your taxes and get the documents in order. Of course if you have bought a car that has been scrapped and registration cancelled, you have a problem
I doubt he had said that with the intention of actually suggesting that- he might've just been ironic or even rhetorical while saying that.

For a car without documents, I doubt that even if the car's records can be traced out in the RTO (in some cases they no longer have any! especially for cars with documents not updated for years) it would be of any help- here in Hyd. for instance, if the car is not registered in your name but the previous owners', you wouldn't be allowed to apply for duplicate papers at the RTO; only the registered owner would be expected to do so. And if he's not around or not known to you, this would of course not be possible!

Last edited by Stanher : 10th August 2014 at 16:51.
Old 11th August 2014, 08:30   #4334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I doubt he had said that with the intention of actually suggesting that- he might've just been ironic or even rhetorical while saying that.

For a car without documents, I doubt that even if the car's records can be traced out in the RTO (in some cases they no longer have any! especially for cars with documents not updated for years) it would be of any help- here in Hyd. for instance, if the car is not registered in your name but the previous owners', you wouldn't be allowed to apply for duplicate papers at the RTO; only the registered owner would be expected to do so. And if he's not around or not known to you, this would of course not be possible!
Well, if Ananth did not intend to convey what he posted , he should clarify, such statements being in bad taste on a public forum.

As regards documents, if you have a sale letter and signed transfer forms correctly filled up ,going personally and meeting a senior official in the RTO does help trace files, at least in Bombay.The problem often is that buyers do not transfer cars after purchasing them, instead keeping the car and transfer papers blank, later selling the car and handing over all this to the next buyer and the next and so on

You normally would buy a car from the owner or his legal heir I presume, so the problem you suggest is really no big deal. the headaches start when the first such buyer does not immediately transfer the car to his name, and then the car is further sold, many a times to show the world that he bought a one or two owner vintage car! By this time the seller is often not traceable.
In such cases can we really blame the authorities?

Last edited by Bulldogji : 11th August 2014 at 08:32.
Bulldogji is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 11:40   #4335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
http://hubli.olx.in/morris-minor-tiger-iid-690889576
When will the asking price of morris minor cars touch 8 digit figure???
morris minors were quoting in 5 digits in2004,.in 2007 it became 6digits, in 2013,it became7 digits....
This is the first such car that I have seen with roof mounted wipers.
Experts, please inform us if this was indeed the case in the car shown or is it a later innovation?

The great thing about this forum is how one learns and learns and learns

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks