Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2010, 18:21   #1246
Senior - BHPian

This german bakery is not in Pune. Any idea where this is?
Love the car though.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-01.jpg  

Old 21st June 2010, 15:47   #1247
Distinguished - BHPian

A photo of an early Phase 1 Vanguard shot in Assam in the 50s.

Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-assam.jpg

Standard Vanguard Phase I - Motorbase
Old 25th June 2010, 14:13   #1248
BHPian

This is our beloved 1946 Fiat 500 Topolino.

These photographs were taken in the year 1970. The child sitting on the top is my elder brother. The lady is my mom.
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-topolino347.jpg

This one was taken in the year 1974. My brother sitting on the spare tyre and me in the arms of my mother.
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-topolino349.jpg
Topolino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2010, 16:43   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
This is our beloved 1946 Fiat 500 Topolino.

These photographs were taken in the year 1970. The child sitting on the top is my elder brother. The lady is my mom.

This one was taken in the year 1974. My brother sitting on the spare tyre and me in the arms of my mother.
Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos! The car looks surprisingly original at that time, even though it would've been nearly 30 yrs old then itself. Your father seemed to have maintained her real well!

Until when did you have this car btw?
Old 25th June 2010, 23:47   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Lovely photos, Topolino, and lovely car !!
Is the car still with you ?

By the way, what's that triangular reflector kind of attachment (below the number plate) in the last picture ? It's not seen in the earlier pic, was this an accessory ?

Last edited by SuperSelect : 25th June 2010 at 23:50.
Old 26th June 2010, 02:37   #1251
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2010 at 10:29. Reason: Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread
Old 26th June 2010, 11:31   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Lovely photos,...By the way, what's that triangular reflector kind of attachment (below the number plate) in the last picture ? It's not seen in the earlier pic, was this an accessory ?
This triangular fitting was an accessory seen in the 1970's, normally fitted on the rear parcel shelf and connected to the brake-light switch. Most often is would say STOP when the brake was applied.

Cheers harit
Old 26th June 2010, 11:35   #1253
Senior - BHPian

I have a series of old pictures which will show that "Some things will NEVER change"

Here is an example, a mosoon picture. Most modern cars will not stop, but many Mumbai Premier Taxi's would!

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-monsoon-01.jpg  

Old 26th June 2010, 14:36   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Standard Coventry and this man ? Very familiar ? Roosi's brother IRANI. Bike - BMW registration is velox ? . Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Anonymous Parsi Gent:

Came across a whole lot of photos where this particular gent is pictures. These photos came in 3 lots, there are many more.
Presumably they start from around 1928, and go on beyond 1950. This gent seems to have been both a car and bike lover, and he proundly posed with them throughout his life. Many pictures were taken outside the Gateway of India, one can see the Taj, old Hotel Greens )pulled down to make way for the Taj Tower and road alignment), and the Yacht Club.
The first car in the series is not positively identified, he had both pre-war and posr-war Morris's, 1939 Buick, among bikes a BMW, Jawa and an unidentified early bike are seen. I have tried to post the pics in a sequence as he aged. He is always with some vehicle, wife (presumably) is seen only in the second pic.
Calling on all Parsis to show these pics to elders to try and identify him.
Also, please try to identify the cars.
What is the bike where he is sitting on a bench in the background?
The BMW registered car is NOT a Ford Model T.
Have a look at the second pic. This car is registered MDU in Tamil Nadu, is a special creation, and MAK 3 is written on the bonnet. Does anyone have a clue as to what this special is? Any Chennai?Coimbatore connections?
So many pictures, so many querries. Hope to receive some answers, and comments.

Cheers harit
Old 28th June 2010, 10:29   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos! The car looks surprisingly original at that time, even though it would've been nearly 30 yrs old then itself. Your father seemed to have maintained her real well!

Until when did you have this car btw?
Quote:
Lovely photos, Topolino, and lovely car !!
Is the car still with you ?
Thankyou very much Stanher & SuperSelect. The car is still with us. Till 1988 my father maintained her. Thereafter my elder brother kept her in mint condition and use to drive her regularly. Unfortunately my brother died in a road accident 2 years back, since then car is not been driven. Now I under the guidance of my father have started overhauling of the car & will soon bring her back on road.
Quote:
By the way, what's that triangular reflector kind of attachment (below the number plate) in the last picture ? It's not seen in the earlier pic, was this an accessory ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
This triangular fitting was an accessory seen in the 1970's, normally fitted on the rear parcel shelf and connected to the brake-light switch. Most often is would say STOP when the brake was applied.

Cheers harit
As mentioned by harit the triangular fitting is brake light and in our car when the brake is applied a man's figure appears.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:21   #1256
BHPian

Topolino,

Wonderful car and equally wonderful that you are resurrecting her to her old glory. Will she be ready around the end of September this year?
If so, I'd like to see, (with your permission of course) when I pass or rather bypass Udaipur.

Regards
Old 28th June 2010, 17:13   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Some things will NEVER change. Like small boys getting hooked onto cars and starting to phantasize, like this kid filling air into his "tyre". So many of us phantasized about cars, being racing car drivers, designing them, repairing them etc. That will never change.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-toy-01.jpg  

Old 29th June 2010, 15:19   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Topolino,

Wonderful car and equally wonderful that you are resurrecting her to her old glory. Will she be ready around the end of September this year?
If so, I'd like to see, (with your permission of course) when I pass or rather bypass Udaipur.

Regards
Thanks issigonis. I am sure I will bring her back on road by the end of August. You are most welcome to Udaipur. Whenever you come please send me PM so that we can fix up our meeting.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:11   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Another thing which will never change is our lorry drivers driving skills. Specially the lorries. On every trip out of Mumbai one will almost always see crashed lorries. We have this skill since long, this lorry accident took place before 1940.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-accident-4.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2010, 11:55   #1260
Senior - BHPian

After talking to a fellow tbhpian, I was told that I should change the methodology for enlarging photos for better results. This is a repost of the very previous picture to check if it works well as there are more interesting pictures to post. They will be much better to look at if they are clearer/focussed.

Cheers harit
Attached Thumbnails
Nostalgic automotive pictures including our family's cars-op-accident-5.jpg  

Last edited by harit : 2nd July 2010 at 12:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks