Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 21:56   #76
Senior - BHPian

Finally some insights on a CJ3B thread Thanks Jaggu/Spike. So the one I have sourced is from "Mayapuri" - you guys say I SHOULD have it stuffed?
Old 15th December 2010, 02:14   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B

Been a while since I updated this post. Well the new muffler and fuel tank is in place. Much to my relief, I do not reek of petrol each time I drive it now.

But there is a goof up here - nothing mechanical or technical, but with the transfer of ownership.

I got the transfer done, which was pretty smoothly taken care of (thanks to RTO contacts), However there has been a ghastly mistake in updating the new RC - The smart card now reads --> Fuel - Diesel while I am very sure the original RC read - Petrol! This goof up has crashed all the "originality" value.

Anybody got suggestions on how to get it back as "Petrol"? Go back to the RTO contacts? (read touts) or approach the RTO (no)helpdesk directly - Basically, would they even do it?

Regards,
Shub
Old 15th December 2010, 13:17   #78
Team-BHP Support

Just goto the RTO and ask them for the correction. They will explain to you the process.
Old 15th December 2010, 18:10   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jaggu. Went to the RTO - the usual lethargic attitude. The person who will pull the file out has gone to a temple. The server downstairs is having a problem. Its gonna be Oota time shortly, so naale banni! (Come tomorrow) I think since it is their mistake and the correction does not bring them any revenue under or over the table, they would take their own sweet time!
Old 18th December 2010, 01:20   #80
Senior - BHPian

Okay enough of RTO nonsense, the fellow who went to the temple has settled by the temple and hopefully will return by Monday. Today being a a Govt holiday! Will chase up that one.

Coming to technical queries -- I just figured that the Handbrake refuses to budge now. I tried as hard as my lean frame could do, but it refused to move. It is not in pulled position. So experts please advise what could be wrong? Hoping it is not something for which I will have to dismantle half the jeep.

Thank you in advance. Attaching picture of the handbrake handle position.

Regards,
Shubz
Attached Thumbnails
I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-20100925_007.jpg  

Old 18th December 2010, 02:30   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Okay enough of RTO nonsense, the fellow who went to the temple has settled by the temple and hopefully will return by Monday. Today being a a Govt holiday! Will chase up that one.

Coming to technical queries -- I just figured that the Handbrake refuses to budge now. I tried as hard as my lean frame could do, but it refused to move. It is not in pulled position. So experts please advise what could be wrong? Hoping it is not something for which I will have to dismantle half the jeep.

Thank you in advance. Attaching picture of the handbrake handle position.

Regards,
Shubz
Adding another question - What is the original cubic capacity of a 1965 Hurricane Petrol Engine? The reason to ask is - The RC says it is 1563 cc while the insurance papers say 2250 something cc. Replies appreciated!

Regards,
Shub
Old 18th December 2010, 10:01   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just figured that the Handbrake refuses to budge now.
the cable must jammed due to corrosion.

Quote:
Adding another question - What is the original cubic capacity of a 1965 Hurricane Petrol Engine?
its 2200cc.
Willys Hurricane engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 20th December 2010, 19:14   #83
Senior - BHPian

Jeepster - Corrosion ruled out as I had just got the handbrake assembly serviced/lubricated when getting the clutch pressure plate replaced. Nevertheless at the garage now for the following to be done.

1) The exhaust pipe after the exhaust manifold - One of the nuts loose, corroded.

2) Handbrake assembly fix

3) Carb riching too often.

4) Brakes still tight (as after replacing all the hoses and servicing the brake cylinder / lining etc - it was supposed to have softened up after usage but still hasn't)

5) Electric inline pump dysfunctional

6) Trying to get an Oil pressure guage mounted but mechanic sceptical as it is a LHD. Not sure how to do the fitting/piping etc. He fears in case while turning the pipe comes in the way and breaks - I am in for an oil bath (hot oil bath)
Old 12th January 2011, 19:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

I have been infamously hijacking threads of others. Due apologies to Jaggu/ wanderer 4X4 et al. Time I updated my own thread about my Jeep.

I am getting the following from the US for my Jeep.

1) Original Willys Head Light switch cable with (LIGHTS) written on it. 3 step switch. Off/Parking/HL
2) Original Willys Choke control cable with "CHOKE" written on it.
3) Original Willys Ignition switch with Brass keys.
4) 4WD TRANSFERCASE SHIFT BOOT

Not sure if the same is/was available locally though I did try asking around.
Old 12th January 2011, 21:52   #85
Team-BHP Support

Nice any site which you are using to order all this?
Old 12th January 2011, 22:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

The great ebay.com - Here is the link for the same - stude4x4 items - Get great deals on Parts Accessories items on eBay Motors!

This guy Steven has a 100% positive feedback and I did interact with him before splashing my credit card. He does ship items to India.

EDIT: Jaggu, He has loads of other Jeep items which you may be interested in.

Last edited by Shubz : 12th January 2011 at 22:15.
Old 19th February 2011, 02:19   #87
Senior - BHPian

Got the following after a month long chase. It was with India customs for 18 days - can you imagine? and a few trips to the customs office on Museum road - each one was curious as to where I work and if its a s/w company and if its a MNC etc but nothing about the package I am waiting for. I promised myself I am NOT going to bribe these unscrupulous elements and decided to wait. Finally I get them!

And a tail gate hinge is with a fellow jeeper. Hope to lay my hands on that this weekend! Cosmetic changes indeed but worth it! Tired of seeing the local switches and cables.

Next on the cards - Paint!
Attached Thumbnails
I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-4wd-boot.jpg  

I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-choke-cable.jpg  

I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-hl-switch.jpg  

I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-ignition-keys.jpg  

I found The Hulk - WILLYS CJ3B-transmission-boot.jpg  

Old 20th February 2011, 21:10   #88
BHPian

Hey Shub, thanks for sharing the link. Some of the parts and accessories are priced real cheap in ebay motors, but what about the final cost after customs duty etc. Mind sharing your experience apart from the customs office bit?
Old 21st February 2011, 19:48   #89
Senior - BHPian

Sure no problems. The customs are blood suckers anyways. Besides that, this stude4x4 guy is very efficient! Coming to cost of shipping, depending on what you buy, you will get two options as shipping charges.

$36.25 for USPS Priority mail and $20.50 for First class mail. Just that it took almost 30 days from the date of purchase - to the date of delivery.

Customs duty - on paper I had to pay Rs. 1100. I did not pay a dime to the hungry customs guys. Please ensure that your items are labelled "New". Else customs create a ruckus saying "Old parts are cleared at India customs at their own discretion"
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:47   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Sure no problems. The customs are blood suckers anyways.
Thats quite expected, I suppose
Neways, thanks for identifying another avenue for us to source items from.

By the way, someone has any idea whether the foot activated headlight dimmer switch that used to be there beside the clutch pedal is available in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks