Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2018, 14:01   #331
BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Haha unique and pretty but more importantly you got to listen to them!...
Sadly none of the stores I visited had the Meze 99 to audition but if you have compared the P7 with 99 and picked the 99 it should be pretty good. I listened to the PX today and didn't hear a lot of difference between the P7 and PX. Also listened to the P9's and was amazed by the sound stage. Everything sounded even more clearer and tried them all connected to my Note 8. The P9's were 899$ and for that much money it better sound good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Speaking of cool and expensive headgear, I had an interesting day, which included my first experience of Stax and a Focal Utopia.

The Utopia was simply... Utopian!

Heard a lot of good reviews about the Utopia's but I will never hear them. Promise. I'm already resisting the temptation to listen to the HD800's because of the 1500$ price range. Looks like the new HD820's are being released with a 2400$ price tag and its closed back this time.

And then there is the Sennheiser HE1's!!! Let's not even talk about it.

Has anyone listened the HD6XX from Sennheiser? Massdrop seems to be selling them for 199$ and I'm tempted to try.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th January 2019 at 12:03. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 19th January 2018, 02:48   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
... ... .. I'm already resisting the temptation to listen to the HD800's because of the 1500$ price range. ... ... ...
You're in USA? Headphone audiophiles who are crazy about calling this a hobby get through headphones like I get through mugs of chai. If I were in USA, I would, no doubt at all, have a decent, 2nd-hand pair of HD800s by now.

Just join Headfi. Or, a stranger, different place, Super Best Audio Friends.

As it is, I am almost tempted enough to go for the 80k price on Headphonezone because, the HD800s returned to their owner and, whenever I put on the HD600s... it just is not the same.
Old 19th January 2018, 14:58   #333
Senior - BHPian

I use the Bose SoundLink Wireless Around-Ear Headphones with Mic bought from Amazon one year back, it has been serving me well, specially in my travels, keeping my ears safe during take off and landing.

I am looking for an equal quality bluetooth in-ear headsets for my runs and walks as ear cup type will soak in sweat when we work out. Any suggestions appreciated

HD800 fans, probably you should watch this video
Old 19th January 2018, 16:15   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
HD800 fans, probably you should watch this video
I guess same would apply to Sony MDR-1000x and Sony WH-1000XM2

Last edited by Zappo : 19th January 2018 at 20:20. Reason: Avoid quoting the video in your post please.
Old 20th January 2018, 00:02   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You're in USA? Headphone audiophiles who are crazy about calling this a hobby get through headphones like I get through mugs of chai. If I were in USA, I would, no doubt at all, have a decent, 2nd-hand pair of HD800s by now.

Just join Headfi. Or, a stranger, different place, Super Best Audio Friends.

As it is, I am almost tempted enough to go for the 80k price on Headphonezone because, the HD800s returned to their owner and, whenever I put on the HD600s... it just is not the same.
Yes. I live in Redmond, WA. Thanks for the introduction to Headfi and other forums . Now I'll keep checking the classified section everyday. I often buy stuff when it is heavily discounted either new or open box.. Would you believe I paid 125$ for my QC35 II and 120$ for the P7 wireless both brand new.
Old 20th January 2018, 01:34   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

You're welcome. I don't visit HF any longer, preferring to hang out with the other crowd I mentioned, but, undoubtedly, it's huge, and probably the best market place.

I just hope I haven't cost you too much money!
Old 23rd January 2018, 21:09   #337
Team-BHP Support

Anyone looking for really good wireless over the ear headphones and don't want to spend a bomb look at this offer on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got these last month from USA for $100 and they are absolutely brilliant. The price is now the same as US price!
Old 23rd January 2018, 22:00   #338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Succumbed to black friday sale and got the Sennheiser HD4.40BT. Was deciding between the 4.50BT and this. In between thought of Bose soundlink as well.
Quote:
Anyone looking for really good wireless over the ear headphones and don't want to spend a bomb look at this offer on Amazon:
I purchased the Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC for my recent trip to India.

Bought them mainly because of the Noise Cancellation feature for the flight.
It works very well.

I like the sound, and have also been wearing them in the gym. Hope those ear pads will last.

The battery maintains charge reeeaallly long.

Also, brought along a pair of Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones & another pair of Bose SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II, for a friend.

Similar price range. I didn't get to listen but he likes them.
Old 1st February 2018, 20:00   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got these last month from USA for $100 and they are absolutely brilliant. The price is now the same as US price!
I was looking for a wireless headset googling for inputs..just today used the search team "headset team bhp" . Wish I ended up on day-1 and grabbed this deal.
Old 2nd February 2018, 12:10   #340
Senior - BHPian

What would be a good over the ear wired headphone with more than 50ohm impedance? Say a budget of 20-30k? Noise cancelling would be a boon.

Currently using a Sony MDR10RNC which goes into 50ohm when the NC is activated thus triggering the high impedance mode on my phone.

But it is showing signs of wear and tear. Already replaced the ear cushions twice. Once under warranty from Sony itself and the next from aliexpress.

Now the headband has also started deteriorating.
Old 4th February 2018, 09:26   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I was looking for a wireless headset googling for inputs..just today used the search team "headset team bhp" . Wish I ended up on day-1 and grabbed this deal.
Quote:
they are absolutely brilliant. The price is now the same as US price!
Gonna buy Amazon Fire stick to access Netflix through my existing TV. I am looking for a headphone primarily to watch movies in Computer/TV Plus listen to songs

@Vid6639 mentioned that Sennheiser HD 4.40-BT Bluetooth Headphones are absolutely brilliant, hence decided to go ahead with that. Planning to get it from US.

Meanwhile saw both of these

https://www.amazon.in/Audio-Technica.../dp/B00HVLUR86

https://www.amazon.in/Sennheiser-HD-...E1ET9FNRH5PQ61

Priced similar to that of Sennheiser 4.40 BT. Wanna check out if they fare better than 4.40 BT, so that I can go ahead and place the order.

Last edited by Surprise : 4th February 2018 at 09:30.
Old 4th February 2018, 10:43   #342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

Meanwhile saw both of these

https://www.amazon.in/Audio-Technica.../dp/B00HVLUR86

https://www.amazon.in/Sennheiser-HD-...E1ET9FNRH5PQ61

Priced similar to that of Sennheiser 4.40 BT. Wanna check out if they fare better than 4.40 BT, so that I can go ahead and place the order.
Both of these are wired. I got mine from the US for $99 Sennheiser 4.40BT.

If you can't get from USA also look at the Plantronice, reviews were pretty good: https://www.amazon.in/Plantronics-Ba...th+plantronics

The Plantronics has much better reviews than the Sennheiser I got. My main thing was cheaper price but at 9,900 these are not too bad considering the have noise cancellation as well!!

I don't know about SQ but worth a shot. Plantronics is a well established brand.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th February 2018 at 10:50.
Old 4th February 2018, 10:57   #343
BHPian

The Headphones Thread

Is there any drop in audio quality for Sennheiser 4.40BT when used with iPhones? There is a codec compatibility issue - aptX and AAC. That is keeping me away from these headphones and pushing me towards Bose SoundSport Wireless/Beats X/AirPods.

I need something with which I can get above average music and can answer calls. It should work with Apple products as everyone at home is deeply buried in the Apple ecosystem. AirPods are the last option due to their inferior sound quality as compared to the others on the list here.

Would be glad if anyone can help me out on this.
Old 4th February 2018, 11:16   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Both of these are wired. I got mine from the US for $99 Sennheiser 4.40BT.
Thanks. I too googled and found that out (wired) - Will look into those & have to finalize one quickly
Old 4th February 2018, 12:48   #345
BHPian

Anyone have any reviews of in ear Bluetooth headphones mainly for running/gym use?

Have been using the Samsung u flex but the sound quality and overall quality of the head set is not great. Have had to use quick fix twice to fix parts of the headphone coming off and this is within one year of use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks