Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 11:07   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Next-gen 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2prashan View Post
Something off about the front end from this angle, the narrow grille and the 'beard' below it makes the front look a bit droopy.

I was waiting for the interiors and what a disappointment. There is a sea of beige out there! Heck even the top of the dash is beige
Old 2nd August 2014, 11:15   #272
Senior - BHPian

I heard some info that the new i20 comes with a 6 speed auto also in the petrol version. Sadly, only manual in the diesel. yet another missed opportunity.
Old 2nd August 2014, 13:15   #273
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I heard some info that the new i20 comes with a 6 speed auto also in the petrol version. Sadly, only manual in the diesel. yet another missed opportunity.
A 6-speed manual even on the petrol would have been fabulous!

However, the spy picture of the interiors (of the red-coloured VTVT Asta variant) clearly indicates a 5-speed manual transmission.

And yes, a diesel automatic (with the 4-speed auto box from the Verna) would have been a great addition. I don't know when Hyundai would realise the enormous potential there is for such a combination.
Old 2nd August 2014, 19:42   #274
BHPian

The long hang in the front makes the car look more powerful. But i hope its the same engines doing the work. I like the long overhang. Many may not like it. And the driver side door opening handle seems to be too close to the A pillar. !
Rubbertramps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:27   #275
BHPian

Exclusive dope on specification and feature changes on the new i20

Link - http://www.gaadi.com/news/another-ex...ndai-i20-10148

Mods - Yes I know its a link back to my site (Gaadi.com) but I guess the information we have shared is pretty good and relevant. Feel free to edit / delete

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 2nd August 2014 at 23:44.
BunnyPunia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:48   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post

Mods - Yes I know its a link back to my site (Gaadi.com) but I guess the information we have shared it pretty good and relevant. Feel free to edit / delete
As per Zauba, Hyundai imported 1.4L Petrol engine with 6speed MT and 4speed AT.

https://www.zauba.com/import-hyundai-r-d-hs-code.html

Automatic's are the in thing now but it kinda makes sense to drop the AT since it will be 1.4L engine which means no excise benefit and to top it off 4 speed box. The Grand i10 1.2L AT is already reporting poor FE and it will probably be worse with the 1.4L engine.

What I don't get is why not get the 6 speed auto box from Elantra and plonk it into this all new hatch. Neither the Verna nor Elantra sell in high numbers in the diesel AT trim so it won't really cannibalize them.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:52   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you to Sanket Shah for sharing the following pictures with us. Location = Mumbai.
]

Are you sure? I am told it's taken in TN state.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 3rd August 2014, 01:24   #278
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
As per Zauba, Hyundai imported 1.4L Petrol engine with 6speed MT and 4speed AT.
According to the Zauba site, the imported 1.4 lit. petrol car carries a Kappa engine with a 6-speed gearbox. If true, the international versions may get the bigger & newer Kappa engine as an option, in place of the current Gamma engine of the same size.

I don't think we'll get any 1.4 lit. petrol engine, Kappa or Gamma, because of the different excise slab.

Quote:
Automatic's are the in thing now but it kinda makes sense to drop the AT since it will be 1.4L engine which means no excise benefit and to top it off 4 speed box. The Grand i10 1.2L AT is already reporting poor FE and it will probably be worse with the 1.4L engine.
The i20 Automatic was always a slow seller, because of the high price (due to the excise slab), in addition to the FE. In any case, the need for a petrol i20 Automatic becomes even less now, as Hyundai have the well-rounded Xcent 1.2 Automatic in that range. And the petrol Verna 1.6 Automatic is positioned higher than its smaller sedan sibling. So an i20 Auto (petrol) becomes redundant for most purposes.

A diesel i20 Auto would be an entirely different story, even with the Verna's 4-speed 'box. It would create a new segment of its own.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd August 2014 at 01:25.
Old 3rd August 2014, 10:03   #279
BHPian

Quote:

Article mentions the length as 3850mm-10mm less than current i20. As far as I know the current i20 has a length just shy of the 4m mark( something like 3.99m)
I think I'll wait till the 11th rather than believing these exclusive dopes.
Marauder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 10:13   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mods - Yes I know its a link back to my site (Gaadi.com) but I guess the information we have shared is pretty good and relevant. Feel free to edit / delete
".Steering adaptive parking assist : new feature which we think pings the driver to straighten the wheel while switching off the car" Really is this exclusive dope? What this means is that the parking will be assisted by guidelines which appear on the screen depending on the angle of the steering wheel.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 10:30   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Current i20 length is 3995mm and not 3850mm as per the link. Current i20 already produces 220nM and not 210nM.

Some of the features are not really new. CLutch lock and lane change indicators were always there on the i20.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 11:07   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Current i20 length is 3995mm and not 3850mm as per the link. Current i20 already produces 220nM and not 210nM.

Some of the features are not really new. CLutch lock and lane change indicators were always there on the i20.
Hi Vid

My apologies, the new car measures 3985 and not 3850 as I put it last night in a hurry. So, the new car is 10mm shorter as compared to the old car but has a longer wheelbase.

Yes, clutch lock / lane change arent, but some of the other are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
".Steering adaptive parking assist : new feature which we think pings the driver to straighten the wheel while switching off the car" Really is this exclusive dope? What this means is that the parking will be assisted by guidelines which appear on the screen depending on the angle of the steering wheel.
Yes, this feature will be there in the rear camera.
Please understand that when info comes from sources, the person giving us the info is not really a car nut and hence can misread the info given to him in the first place. We quoted what he told us last night but yes, the rear camera will have guidelines that will change as per steering angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Article mentions the length as 3850mm-10mm less than current i20. As far as I know the current i20 has a length just shy of the 4m mark( something like 3.99m)
I think I'll wait till the 11th rather than believing these exclusive dopes.
As stated above, I stand corrected. It was a typo - the new i20 is 3985mm in length and not 3850 as I put it.
Marauder, feel free to wait till the 11th - I would really want you to compare what we quoted as being new / changed once the actual specs / features are out

Brochure / pricing coming our way on 10th, shall share it here as well.

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 3rd August 2014 at 11:11.
BunnyPunia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 11:49   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this feature will be there in the rear camera.
Please understand that when info comes from sources, the person giving us the info is not really a car nut and hence can misread the info given to him in the first place. We quoted what he told us last night but yes, the rear camera will have guidelines that will change as per steering angle.
The point was not taking pot shots but I was hoping that when the information is published on a car website it is proofread before it is posted for public consumption. Serious reporting if you will.
Old 3rd August 2014, 12:03   #284
BHPian

Another spy shot of the interiors of Hyundai Elite i20
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-newhyundaielitei20picsdashboard.jpeg  

damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 12:31   #285
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if I like the interiors. I mean of course the quality is going to be great going by Hyundai's past but the left side is a bit too bland and beige. It is going to be a nightmare to maintain.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks