Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2014, 12:42   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Next-gen 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India

Hyundai is seriously nuts to give a beige dashboard. This will be a reflection nightmare! Why they want to screw up something that is absolutely fine is beyond me! I have seen a beige dashboard i10 and got mighty irritated sitting in the passenger seat!
Old 3rd August 2014, 12:58   #287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Another spy shot of the interiors of Hyundai Elite i20
Aha, so the captain seat's armrest is out and a central armrest is in. The armrest must be sitting over the AC vents for the rear bench. Good stuff.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 13:11   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Hyundai is seriously nuts to give a beige dashboard. This will be a reflection nightmare! Why they want to screw up something that is absolutely fine is beyond me! I have seen a beige dashboard i10 and got mighty irritated sitting in the passenger seat!
I understand your point. Although I think the front of the dashboard facing the passengers is beige and the part that reflects on the windshield is still black. kind of two tone ( similar to the doors).

Anyway, I dislike beige here. It doesn't look tasteful either. Also, It would be a pain to maintain. as the part of the interior that anyone touches the most is beige here.

The shape of the Top dash is very AUDIish. I don't get a very good feeling about the forward visibility seeing this shape.

Hey, Can anyone tell me if the Car has DRLs now? I dont see any in the fog area. I hope the headlights have ones like Santa Fe but that is also unlikely as LED Drl and halogen lights don't gel very well.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd August 2014 at 20:53. Reason: Merged.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 13:52   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Another spy shot of the interiors of Hyundai Elite i20
Nice shot...I think they should have inverted it like everyone else - black at the top, beige at the bottom!
Old 3rd August 2014, 15:10   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

An ICB (Indian Cars Bikes) reader has snapped the all-new i20 from up close in Cuttack, and has also listed a list of features which he has noticed in the car.

Quote:
Through a regular ICB reader who spied more shots of the Elite i20 at a Hyundai dealership in Cuttack, we also came to know that bookings are open at Rs 5000 and the reader in question described the car as ” cool and futuristic”.
Central console.
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2014hyundaielitei20interior1.jpg

Back lighting.
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2014hyundaielitei20interiorlighting.jpg

Door ajar warning on display.
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2014hyundaielitei20mmi.jpg

LED tail lights.
SCOOP Pics! 2014 Hyundai i20 spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Now launched @ 4.89L-2014hyundaielitei20nightledtaillights.jpg

SOURCE - ICB

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd August 2014 at 15:12.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 15:18   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Hey, Can anyone tell me if the Car has DRLs now? I dont see any in the fog area. I hope the headlights have ones like Santa Fe but that is also unlikely as LED Drl and halogen lights don't gel very well.
I think Elite i20 will definitely come with DRLs. In fact if you watch this Ad closely in full screen and HD mode (1080p or 720p), I think the DRLs are seen wrapped around the side and top boundary of the fog lamp.

Attached Images

damager21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 18:02   #292
BHPian

The biege interiors look cool but the problem is they're very difficult to maintain. Also on a sunny day the beige color really frustrates the driver due to the reflection on windscreen.
Apart from classy interiors we are not seeing anything substantial in terms of features that weren't the part of igen I 20
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:01   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
The biege interiors look cool but the problem is they're very difficult to maintain. Also on a sunny day the beige color really frustrates the driver due to the reflection on windscreen.
Apart from classy interiors we are not seeing anything substantial in terms of features that weren't the part of igen I 20
If the dashboard is beige then during day time the dashboard reflection is going to be prominent on the windshield. I had an i10 which came with beige dashboard. I found it very difficult to drive during day time due to the reflection of the dashboard on to the windshield. I had to purchase a grey color dashboard mat to reduce the reflection. I am not sure why Hyundai is coming up with such kind of design.
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:11   #294
BHPian

Just leaving a light colored paper on top of the the dashboard itself creates blind area due to it's reflection on the windshield on a bright sunny day. I think bright color for the dash top is not a safe idea. If it's 2 tone, IMO dark color should come on the top part to avoid this.
Old 3rd August 2014, 20:11   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Exclusive dope on specification and feature changes on the new i20

Link - http://www.gaadi.com/news/another-ex...ndai-i20-10148

The i20 not getting an auto tranny is a shocker to me. Automatics are the way forward and the way the market is reacting towards them since the last 1-2 years was indeed a welcome sign. And I thought finally auto manufacturers would give us better spread out engine and transmission options. Disappointing if you don't go ahead with it Hyundai!!

Last edited by silentscreamers : 3rd August 2014 at 20:14.
Old 3rd August 2014, 22:09   #296
BHPian

When I saw the pictures on Page 4 (ordered newest first, instead of oldest first), I could see a strong resemblance with the Volkwagen Golf on the front, and the rear looks like it's the Alfa Romeo Giulietta - even the tail lamps are exactly the same. I've seen something similar to those alloys on a BMW sedan.

I'm not being unfairly critical of the Korean manufacturer - I think the same about Toyota as well, with the front of their new Corolla resembling the Honda Civic. Also, to toss a statement of criticism about GMC, the rear of the Chevrolet Cruze resembles the Honda Civic.

Having said all the above, the design looks good enough to spark some new interest in the i20. Hyundai has been ahead of its Japanese competitors when it comes to design over the past decade, and has the price advantage.
Old 3rd August 2014, 23:46   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you to Sanket Shah for sharing the following pictures with us. Location = Mumbai.

Attachment 1269231

Attachment 1269232
Location - Tamil Nadu, Sir.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 00:39   #298
Senior - BHPian

After Grand i10, here comes Elite i20! So should we expect 2 generations of i20 selling side by side as well?
Old 4th August 2014, 09:56   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Location - Tamil Nadu, Sir.

Cheers,

Jay
Yes indeed this is Tamil Nadu, can see a couple of bikes in both the pictures with a TN registration
silentscreamers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 11:27   #300
BHPian

Ever since the news came out that the new i20 is being launched, I was gradually being engulfed by that sinking sensation that my 2013 fluidic i20 was going to be 'outdated' and an 'older model' soon.

But seeing these pics have given me hope. The new design looks quite over the top and a bit overdone. The slightly understated (and somewhat European) front has been replaced by a mix of too many curves and straight lines.

Quite the same case with the rear too. It looks too much like a stretched out grand i10!

I still think the fluidic design of the now discontinued i20 is the better design of the two.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks