Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 20:58   #11071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
3.3-3.5 L would be a great price. If the owner is firm with price, you can offer 3.6 L, nothing more than that.
Sorry. I thought that the car is Jan 2013 registered. I would still stick to around 4.1-4.2 L, after that we have a lot more reliable cars (not that TJet is not, but in comparison) and with decently happy-revving engines (say a 3rd Gen City or a Civic). Petrol cars don't enjoy good resale and Linea is a Fiat after all. A mechanic will be able to tell you expenses of near future (say in 40k service, change of tyres) and it is always wiser to start with a low quote, even though it may not seem realistic. Quoting 5 Lac from your side means that the other party will start from 6 Lac.

EDIT -

Someone let me know what can I expect for a Duster RxE 85Ps with below details -

Mechanically sound, some rattles from dashboard, tyres are good for next 10k kms, interiors are in excellent condition, few small scratches here and there on the outside. Most things are stock.

No. of owners - 2 (bought on 2 Jan this year)
August 2013, 24000 kms done, with service bills of past years.

I got it for a too sweet 6 Lac and would part away for something higher than that, and get another same range car with aafety features. In this case, how much should I quote? And is it a good decision to sell it off since it is doing perfectly well for now (just that I am having the itch to change to some better car if I get a profit on this one)?

Last edited by swift_guy : 19th January 2016 at 21:12.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:14   #11072

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Chevrolet Cruze - LTZ Black
Year 2010
Driven - 59000
City -Chennai
Quoted - 7L (Negotiable)

Can you guys advise on the right price for this beast? It's well maintained but has run out of insurance and has some scratches typically due to the Chennai traffic.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:34   #11073
BHPian

Guys need some advice.

My friend is looking to get a big sedan second hand just to get used to driving it before he goes for a new one.

He has seen a 2005 Corolla for about 3.2 Lakhs, 80k KM, Single owner, petrol.

He can bargain and get it reduced a bit more maybe to 2.8L.

Would this be a good deal?
His intention is to use it for at most 2 years and then sell it off, comfort and space being the highest priority.

Any advice on other options and what may be the main points to check with this car would be welcome.
Old 21st January 2016, 12:41   #11074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Guys need some advice.

My friend is looking to get a big sedan second hand just to get used to driving it before he goes for a new one.

He has seen a 2005 Corolla for about 3.2 Lakhs, 80k KM, Single owner, petrol.

Any advice on other options and what may be the main points to check with this car would be welcome.
A Corolla is a solid buy but driving it is extremely easy when compared to other sedans so it may not serve his purpose to train himself. Why not consider something like a Camry or Accord or Teana instead? The novelty of those cars wear less quickly when compared to a mundane Corolla and they will all serve his requirements of space and comfort especially the Teana
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 14:16   #11075
BHPian

Autoindian, Thanks a lot for the clarification. Feeling much relieved.
Finally, settled the amount in full and took delivery of the vehicle yesterday. Thanks everyone for the kind responses and suggestions. Hope to start a ownership thread soon.
Old 21st January 2016, 14:17   #11076
Senior - BHPian

Need advice regarding my 2010 swift vdi.
Model-Suzuki Swift Vdi BS-4
Year-2010
Engine type-Diesel BS-4
Color-Pearl metallic white
Km on the ODO- 68500Km
Expecting Price-3.70 to 4Lacs
Is this the right price, If not how much can I expect?The car is in good condition.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 21st January 2016 at 14:20.
Old 21st January 2016, 18:42   #11077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
A Corolla is a solid buy but driving it is extremely easy when compared to other sedans so it may not serve his purpose to train himself. Why not consider something like a Camry or Accord or Teana instead? The novelty of those cars wear less quickly when compared to a mundane Corolla and they will all serve his requirements of space and comfort especially the Teana
Thanks for that, I like your thinking .

He doesn't intend to spend much and the car he's getting is well maintained with a service history.

He basically wants to get used to the size, been running around in a Swift so..

He's finalizing the deal tomorrow, nothing much I can do. The car is good saw it and drove it.
Old 21st January 2016, 21:14   #11078
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that, I like your thinking .

He doesn't intend to spend much and the car he's getting is well maintained with a service history.

He's finalizing the deal tomorrow, nothing much I can do. The car is good saw it and drove it.
2.8 L is good price if the car is maintained well. If it needs tyre replacement, your friend can bring the price down by another 7-10k. Buying a 2004 model isn't the best decision he will make actually, as finding another buyer for an exactly 14 year old car would be difficult (reg. is valid for 15 years). Also a Corolla is the easiest thing to drive in that size, which won't be difficult than a Swift.

Suggest your friend to look at newer or older alternatives, like an old Accord or a fairly new Accent/Verna 1st gen/Baleno/Lancer/Linea. These will be much more challenging to drive and offer decent space as compared to the Swift.
swift_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 23:02   #11079
BHPian

[quote=swift_guy;3894105]

Someone let me know what can I expect for a Duster RxE 85Ps with below details -

Mechanically sound, some rattles from dashboard, tyres are good for next 10k kms, interiors are in excellent condition, few small scratches here and there on the outside. Most things are stock.

No. of owners - 2 (bought on 2 Jan this year)
August 2013, 24000 kms done, with service bills of past years. [\QUOTE]

Why are there two owners within a year or so? Unless it was a company transfer to personal and that counted as the second owner, I'd investigate further.
Old 21st January 2016, 23:08   #11080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Why are there two owners within a year or so? Unless it was a company transfer to personal and that counted as the second owner, I'd investigate further.
This is my car. I am the second owner and would plan to sell incase I get a profit out of that sale.
Old 22nd January 2016, 00:33   #11081
BHPian

Guys , I wanna sell my accent executive 2009 model 90000 kms done. How much is a fair price and how much max possible can I realistically get?
Old 22nd January 2016, 01:19   #11082

Hi,

I'm finalizing deal for...

Maruti Suzuki swift vxi
2010 model
47k Kms done
Fitted with sequential CNG kit (not company fitted)
White color
Looks in good condition
Asking price 2.5 lacs

Have just learned to drive. Wish to use this car to practice and be more confident driver, initially. Later on would want to drive it to Mumbai Pune on weekends.

So do you guys think it's worth it? Or how much should I pay?
Really looking forward to your opinions, as it will be a crucial deciding factor.

Thanks.
Old 22nd January 2016, 06:15   #11083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If he is already comfortably driving a swift, it will be an overkill to get a used 2nd sedan just to get used to the size. In my opinion, that happens quickly and naturally. May as well straight away go for a new car. If there are other considerations, then it makes sense.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 07:42   #11084
Senior - BHPian

Well - if he were quite new to driving, maybe just drove the swift locally for a year or two, then I'd say buying an old beater like that to learn on should be ok. Still it is a good car and you can get your money's worth out of it so keep it for as long as it needs to be re registered
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 08:32   #11085
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys I am going to be selling my Toyota Innova. How much can I expect given the fact that it will be mostly sold outside Delhi as it's in its tenth year now.
Model: Toyota Innova 2006 G2 model, 8 seater
Odometer: 1,50,100 kms
Ownership: second owner
Other details: All services done at Toyota with the last one being timing belt replacement as per schedule at 1.5L kms, leather seat covers, 5k km run new tyres, Hijoin alloys.
The car was bought by me in 2007 with odo at 30k kms.

What is a fair price that I can expect. Toyota dealership itself is offering 3.2L.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks