Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 00:00   #706
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Cruze should be coming with a new engine in April-March.

Even i am in the same mind as you, go for Cruze now or wait for the more powerful avatar next year.
This is awesome news...now let's just hope they dont increase the prices too much..and take it out of my budget...
Old 24th November 2011, 00:14   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Guys any news on the update of the cruze? When is it expected? I plan to buy a car in Q1 of 2012. Hope it comes before that as the rear leg room in the current cruze is not much. Even the ANHC is equally good or better. And I read the new updated cruze will have better space at the back, better interiors and a newer engine with more power! This will make the cruze best buy in its segment and really tempting! I just hope it is launched soon and with not much price increase. I must say that chevy has kept on updating and working on the cruze regularly which is very impressive unlike some makers. But the only problem is they keep on increasing the price also regularly.

Any info on the updated cruze will be really appreciated.
Someone in another thread mentioned a possible launch around March-April..)
Old 12th December 2011, 12:39   #708
Senior - BHPian

Any news on Cruze 2012? I hope they include the below:

a) Bluetooth pairing for receiving and making calls.
b) Windows auto up too
c) Better steering position. I heard that the MID is not fully visible.
d) Full color screen with GPS navigation.
e) Slideable driver armrest.

The above are besides the already speculated:
a) 163 bhp motor
b) Beige interiors
c) Reworked rear seats
d) Better quality of plastics (?)
Old 19th December 2011, 12:18   #709
BHPian

I drive the current LT model. I'd have to agree with almost all of your "hopes".

However I really like the present black interiors but that is subjective. The 163 bhp sounds really good, I can barely use the 148 thats under the hood at the moment.

I really wanted bluetooth pairing but I found a way around it using a long aux wire and a cell phone dock which I use for making calls and listening to music and podcasts. While this isn't ideal, its also a great way for have a one stop solution for navigation, phone calls, music (+album artwork) and charging our phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Any news on Cruze 2012? I hope they include the below:

a) Bluetooth pairing for receiving and making calls.
b) Windows auto up too
c) Better steering position. I heard that the MID is not fully visible.
d) Full color screen with GPS navigation.
e) Slideable driver armrest.

The above are besides the already speculated:
a) 163 bhp motor
b) Beige interiors
c) Reworked rear seats
d) Better quality of plastics (?)
Old 7th January 2012, 02:15   #710
BHPian

Here are some Pics of the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze i clicked in the Auto Expo this morning. Love the rear lights. Front end is more or less the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc01348.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc01349.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc01353.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc01354.jpg  

Old 7th January 2012, 03:34   #711
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijayraj1890 View Post
Here are some Pics of the 2012 Chevrolet Cruze i clicked in the Auto Expo this morning. Love the rear lights. Front end is more or less the same.
That is not the 2012 Cruze. Its the present Cruze with an aftermarket set of head and tail lamps. There are some pics of the new Cruze on the forum but it doesn't seem like its being displayed at the show.
Old 7th January 2012, 05:05   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
That is not the 2012 Cruze. Its the present Cruze with an aftermarket set of head and tail lamps. There are some pics of the new Cruze on the forum but it doesn't seem like its being displayed at the show.
Oops, sorry. My bad. It really did look legitimate.
Old 7th January 2012, 11:20   #713
Distinguished - BHPian

With those aftermarket tail lamps the exhaust pipe looks totally out of place.

They should design the pipe in a more butch way to suit the car's personality and also not make it jut out so much.

Any pics of 2012 Cruze for India?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 14:21   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Any pics of 2012 Cruze for India?
Except for the speculated modified front grill in the 2012 Cruze thread, which you already might have seen, none.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ted-cruze.html
Old 21st January 2012, 10:40   #715
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Looking at the Auto Expo thread for Chevy, even I was thinking that this is the 2012 model. Rockford Fosgate was a good addition on this one and I thought it might up the game a bit. Sad to see the variation in the grill and the front fog lamp design on the other thread for 2012. IMO, the current one looks better.
Old 12th February 2012, 09:07   #716
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Is Cruze LT a good bargain in the segment? Any other cars worth considering? I went in the showroom asking for Optra Magnum top end model - ending up looking at the Cruze. (XUV 5OO was equally impressive - with a cheaper price tag - but not sure when the next round of bookings will start).

As i understand - its going to be a minor facelift during April? Any negatives in going for a Cruze LT now? LTZ is way out of the buget. Even LT is a big stretch (and not finalized if i can afterall afford it), but I loved the all-black interiors + looks.

Is the clutch still hard in the new versions? Or has things been worked out recently?

PS - I know new version is going to have 163 bhp verses 150 bhp of the current version. Doesn't matter much since I've only owned an M800 and WagonR in the past.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th February 2012 at 09:08.
Old 12th February 2012, 12:19   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

Is Cruze LT a good bargain in the segment? Any other cars worth considering? I went in the showroom asking for Optra Magnum top end model - ending up looking at the Cruze. (XUV 5OO was equally impressive - with a cheaper price tag - but not sure when the next round of bookings will start).

As i understand - its going to be a minor facelift during April? Any negatives in going for a Cruze LT now? LTZ is way out of the buget. Even LT is a big stretch (and not finalized if i can afterall afford it), but I loved the all-black interiors + looks.

Is the clutch still hard in the new versions? Or has things been worked out recently?
Well we never know when the facelifted Cruze is going to arrive.Hormazd of ACI said it was expected by end of 2011.He later tweeted that it is going to arrive only by the end of this year.Considering Chevy has just released the facelifted Captiva,I would guess we should get it by the middle of this year.But then,prices will definitely go up.Add the upcoming Diesel tax to that!!Suggest you go for the present LT!!
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 20:09   #718
Senior - BHPian

@Crazydriver - Cruze is the best bet in its segment, nothing even comes close to it. I so desperately wanted this car, but then decided against stretching due to budget constraints and settled for the Vento. LT is the version to go for and you get some discounts too if you are serious about your purchase. If anything I only had apprehensions about its GC. Personally I feel LT is great VFM proposition and worth the asking price. Please do take a TD yourself.

P.S - What happens to your booking of new swift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

Is Cruze LT a good bargain in the segment? Any other cars worth considering?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 21:53   #719
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
P.S - What happens to your booking of new swift?
Lot has happened in life after that booking. Still nothing (in the small car segment) excites me as much as the Swift. Hence, thinking of an upgrade to another segment altogether.

Starting thinking about Rapid (and Skoda stories), resulted in thinking about Vento (and VW pricing) which resulted in thinking about Optra Magnum (and about it being dated) and while in the Chevrolet showroom - was bowled by the Cruze.

I'm still not sure if I can afford a jump to that segment though! But anyways, taking a test drive tomorrow.

But, I guess the biggest rival comes from Chevrolet stable itself - in the form of Optra Magnum. Although a dated car - its good VFM for the asking price. Only doubt being the availability of spares after 2-3 years.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th February 2012 at 21:57.
Old 12th February 2012, 22:02   #720
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
@Crazydriver - Cruze is the best bet in its segment, nothing even comes close to it.
Cruze is the best bet in its segment only if you are driving in highways mostly. If you are driving mostly in city, Rapid with 4 year skoda shield is way better. I think both Vento and rapid will have same after sales cost. Horror stories of Skoda are mostly associated with Laura. I think spares of rapid will be less expensive than Octavia as rapid is more localized.

Last edited by anb : 12th February 2012 at 22:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks