Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 15:04   #676
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Is it possible to get the car of the same month as i book (according to VIN) in bangalore?
Most often it will be 1 or 2 months old. You can check with the dealer.

Quote:
How many kms on the odo is considered ok (trident chevy is someone has bought from them)?
Around 100 should be fine. Anything higher I would not be very happy...

Quote:
I'm planning to change my OEM tires to 225/55R16 Michelin primacy LC or Conti CPC2. Is this the right upgrade on the OEM alloys? Read somewhere that 215 is max up size for 6.5J alloy, but also read in the tire-size calculator that 225 is supported by anything between 6J-7.5J. I'm confused. Can anybody clarify this.
Where exactly did you get the info about 215 being max size? Can you quote the source please?

Quote:
Heard that Sundaram Motors is closing its Chevy dealership. I considered them to be the best in service (among the chevy dealers in bangalore). Now I'm in a spot! Have read bad reviews about Kropex and okayish reports about trident. Wanted some tips on how I could get the maximum out of the A.S.S.
Get everything in writing. Use mails to communicate. Don't agree to vocal promises. If you feel something is wrong, involve GM also via mails with the dealer.
Old 21st September 2011, 15:17   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Are you sure? Because I've heard of Dealerships keeping such cars as demo cars etc.,

Quote:
Where exactly did you get the info about 215 being max size? Can you quote the source please?
On the Cruze tire inquiry thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
You've stated you don't want to change the stock rims. The stock rim size is 6.5J, and ideally 215 is the max upsize you should go for on that size.

IMO stick to 215/55 R16. And please go for Conti, Michelin or Yoko. The Acceleres might have been good on a 63bhp Spark, but on a 150bhp sedan double its weight, you do need better engineered tyres!

Quote:
Get everything in writing. Use mails to communicate. Don't agree to vocal promises. If you feel something is wrong, involve GM also via mails with the dealer.
Will do!! Thank you!!
Old 21st September 2011, 17:41   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the case of Cruze where there is typically a 15-30 day waiting period depending on color choice, it would be a brand new car the only time taken for it to have been delivered from factory to dealership.

Quote:
Around 100 should be fine. Anything higher I would not be very happy...
100kms is high ! I would say a maximum of 50kms should be acceptable. If I recall, I got mine with around 20 odd kms...
Old 21st September 2011, 18:45   #679
BHPian

It really depends on which date of a month the booking is made + lead days for allotment.

In Chennai the odometer prior to delivery is slightly higher due to the distance of the depot to the RTO and to the showroom respectively.

Mine was 75km odd!
Old 21st September 2011, 18:46   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In the case of Cruze where there is typically a 15-30 day waiting period depending on color choice, it would be a brand new car the only time taken for it to have been delivered from factory to dealership.
100kms is high ! I would say a maximum of 50kms should be acceptable. If I recall, I got mine with around 20 odd kms...

Exactly my thoughts!! I had a number like "at-most 25" in mind. But I don't want to get too caught up with it. At the same time I don't want second thoughts when I'm taking delivery. I want complete peace of mind!!

Quote:
It really depends on which date of a month the booking is made + lead days for allotment.

In Chennai the odometer prior to delivery is slightly higher due to the distance of the depot to the RTO and to the showroom respectively.

Mine was 75km odd!

I was talking about PRI. And anyway in Bangalore the jayanagar RTO is like a kilometer from dealership.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st September 2011 at 18:50. Reason: merging posts.Kindly do not post back to back posts within 30mins. Use the edit option instead. Thanks.
Old 29th September 2011, 23:31   #681
BHPian

New Chevrolet Cruze Coming To India In 2012

Motorbeam reports that new Cruze, with two-tone interiors is coming to India in 2012.

IMO, it really looks classy. The current one had an overdose of black. Now only if they launch the petrol AT in India

The other rumored changes are:

* Slight changes to the exteriors has been done with the fog lamp design looking straight from the Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
* There are new interiors which are now in two-tone colour and features LED illumination.
* The outside noise levels are better controlled in the new Cruze which makes the cabin seen very quiet.

Source Link
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review-11_ch_cru_ovr_interior.jpg  

Old 30th September 2011, 09:26   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Chevrolet Cruze Coming To India In 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Motorbeam reports that new Cruze, with two-tone interiors is coming to India in 2012.
This news has been around for a while.

There are some minor tweaks cosmetically to make the Cruze more appealing but, whats more important is it comes with an additonal 13 horse power which makes existing Cruze owners go like this
Old 30th September 2011, 14:14   #683
BHPian

It not only comes with 13 more horses or 40 more Nms, it has DOHC (as opposed to SOHC on the current breed) which should, in theory, increase smoothness, refinement and efficiency of the engine.

I hope they launch it here quickly.
Old 1st October 2011, 00:25   #684
BHPian

I had a word with a service inspector at the Metro Chevrolet service centre and he told me that the new diesel and also the petrol are coming in March2013,now if we believe that these interiors will also be making a debut then I guess we should be sighting some test cars quite soon
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:53   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
I had a word with a service inspector at the Metro Chevrolet service centre and he told me that the new diesel and also the petrol are coming in March2013,now if we believe that these interiors will also be making a debut then I guess we should be sighting some test cars quite soon
The petrol test car was spotted long before on T-BHP.

It seems like Chevy decided against it, A sensible move given the current petrol prices.

The new Cruze is definitely rumored to come in 2012.

But given the fact that the Captiva will be refreshed first, The SA might be right.
Old 9th October 2011, 02:05   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Btw, I dont even know what's the stock ICE equipment on the Cruze. No clue about the HU Brand and specs. Same goes for the speakers too.

Anyone has an idea?

Though the stock equipment is pretty decent. I'd like to upgrade the speakers to something better. I wouldn't want to change the HU for obvious reasons. What I am looking at is either really good coaxials or a combination of coaxial at back and comps in the front. Some questions :-

1. Can I change my present stock speakers to something better sounding?

2. LT comes with only 2 speakers at front whereas, LTZ comes with 2 additional at the back. Can I add a couple more speakers at the back ( Rear passenger area).

3. Also, what brands, pricing info, what should i keep in mind "info" would be appreciated.

TIA
I recently did a TD on Cruze. I was informed that LT comes with 4 speakers whereas LTZ comes with 6 ( 4 speakers + 2 tweeters). I'm not sure on whether it's recent change compared to the old ones released long ago.
Old 10th October 2011, 08:54   #687
BHPian

Can somebody shed some light on the latest OTR prices for the cruze LTZ and the discounts offered ? Has anybody booked/bought one lately ?
Old 11th October 2011, 10:09   #688
BHPian

Sundaram Motors is organizing a Cruze Owners meet at their showroom in Chennai on 15th and 16th Oct. Anyone know if anything like this is happening at other cities?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...am-motors.html
Old 11th October 2011, 13:36   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Can somebody shed some light on the latest OTR prices for the cruze LTZ and the discounts offered ? Has anybody booked/bought one lately ?

Cruze Bangalore ex-showroom prices :-

Cruze LT : 1219153
Cruze LTZ : 1377967
Cruze LTZ AT : 1463363

Please add 16% to get OTR price to above. I think Bangalore is 16% whereas Hyderabad is 12.5% on Ex-showroom. Not sure if that changed in recent past.

There are no discounts on Cruze except for 10K-15K corporate discount and some freebies

Usually, the car can be bought from off the shelve to 3 weeks waiting period.

Hope this helps !
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 14:54   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cruze Bangalore ex-showroom prices :-

Cruze LT : 1219153
Cruze LTZ : 1377967
Cruze LTZ AT : 1463363

Please add 16% to get OTR price to above. I think Bangalore is 16% whereas Hyderabad is 12.5% on Ex-showroom. Not sure if that changed in recent past.

There are no discounts on Cruze except for 10K-15K corporate discount and some freebies

Usually, the car can be bought from off the shelve to 3 weeks waiting period.

Hope this helps !
Sorry sir, we poor people of Bangalore pay 18.87% Roadtax for ex-showroom over 10L :(
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks