Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:01   #1336
Senior - BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

A [female] friend of mine will soon be visiting the US consulate in Mumbai and is looking for a decent budget hotel in the vicinity. If all the hotels nearby are high-end ones, then what are the next best options in a radius of say 30-45 minutes of travel by taxi?

Mumbaikars, any recommendations in the 2-4k INR range?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:30   #1337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
A [female] friend of mine will soon be visiting the US consulate in Mumbai and is looking for a decent budget hotel in the vicinity. If all the hotels nearby are high-end ones, then what are the next best options in a radius of say 30-45 minutes of travel by taxi?

Cheers,
Vikram
The US Consulate is at BKC in Mumbai(Bandra Kurla Complex).

If budget permits,then she can stay at Trident or Sofitel within BKC itself.

Otherwise I would strongly reccomend Executive Enclave at Bandra West http://www.executiveenclave.com/.Walking distance to all the eateries and shopping places and evenings can be well spent and Bandra is a lovely place to spend evenings.

Else she can conveniently stay at hotels in Parle,kurla,santacruz etc.

http://www.rkhotels.com/mumbai.html

http://www.hotelmidland.com/

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 2nd August 2013 at 15:32.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:31   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post

Cheers,
Vikram
Hotel Regal Enclave at Khar should fit the bill.The rooms are spacious, the b'fast spread is decent and you get complimentary pick up & drop at the airport as well.

Couple of bhpains have stayed here on my advice and were satisfied.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 20:37   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The US Consulate is at BKC in Mumbai(Bandra Kurla Complex).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Couple of bhpains have stayed here on my advice and were satisfied.
I will convey this info to my friend, so that she can take her pick.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:26   #1340
BHPian

Hi has anyone stayed in hotels in kishangarh. I need to take a night break there. Needless to say the place should have decent parking and be suitable for family as I'm travelling with my family.

Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 22:08   #1341
BHPian

Hi friends, need advice on a good and decent place to stay with family ( 3 kids) on or close to the highway in and around Indore bypass as I will be driving down from Mumbai to Lucknow on the 7th Aug. Secondly, also need help in finding a good place to stay for 2 days in Lucknow as well from 8th Aug evening. Requirements are usual, spacious, well appointed rooms with good food and parking. Budget around 3-4k max.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:33   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Chief View Post
Hi friends, need advice on a good and decent place to stay with family ( 3 kids) on or close to the highway in and around Indore bypass as I will be driving down from Mumbai to Lucknow on the 7th Aug. Secondly, also need help in finding a good place to stay for 2 days in Lucknow as well from 8th Aug evening. Requirements are usual, spacious, well appointed rooms with good food and parking. Budget around 3-4k max.
Mhow there is Colonel's Upahaar 07324 274 452.Very good place to stay.Google it up for pictures of the place.

Else Indore has plenty of places-Sarovar Portico.shreemaya,lemontree,radisson blu,Country Inn

Lucknow:Piccadilly,Best Western,Taj are all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Hi has anyone stayed in hotels in kishangarh. I need to take a night break there. Needless to say the place should have decent parking and be suitable for family as I'm travelling with my family.

Thanks
Country Inn by Carlson is the best and is on the NH8 itself.

http://www.countryinns.com/ajmer-hotel-in/indajmr

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 4th August 2013 at 12:36.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 13:36   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Royal Heritage is a tried and tested property. Ample secure parking, suitable for families.

http://www.1589hotels.com/1589-hotel...ge-kishangarh/

Located on the NH8 it is 1/2 kms. from the junction where NH 79 meets NH8 and both convert in to the Kishangarh Jaipur expressway. It is also close to the turnoff for the Kishangarh - Bhatinda (onwards to Leh) mega highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post

Thanks
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 22:32   #1344
BHPian

Hey Ranjitp1, thanks for the tips on the stay. Maybe, I am being too optimistic but I am hoping to easily cross Indore by late noon, so stopping at Mhow would make my 2nd day drive longer. As for stopping in Indore, I would really appreciate if you could help me with Hotels on the Highway itself, but a big thanks anyway.
Old 6th August 2013, 10:17   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Ginger hotel fans, rejoice. There is some offer going on for the today and tomorrow.

Independence Day Offer
INDEPENDENCE DAY – 2 DAY EXCITING OFFER!!

Booking Dates – 06th Aug, 2013 to 07th Aug, 2013

Stay Dates – 8th August,2013 to 18th August,2013

http://www.gingerhotels.com/specialo...mpaign=comfort

BTW: Mods: Please fix the spelling for 'accomodation' in the thread title so that it shows up in the search results.
I had to use Google to come back to this thread.
Old 6th August 2013, 14:35   #1346
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I'm visiting Kanchipuram with family of 4 this weekend(Friday and Saturday) and have a few queries.
1. A good accomodation hotel/lodge at Kanchi to stay with food or near to a good food place. We are pure veggies
2. I plan to take the GQ till vellore via Krishnagiri and take deviation at Kaveripakkam to Kanchi. Is my route good in a WagonR?
3. Also, i plan to start at around 4 pm from Kanchi to Bangalore. Is this time good to start?
4. As i plan to start from our house near Kanteerava Studio near Nandini layout at around 5 or 5.30 am. Kindly suggest me good hotels on the way to have breakfast.
5. Also, if i get a tour iternary of which temples to visit at Kanchi would be of great help.

Kindly guide me regarding the above queries.
Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 6th August 2013 at 14:37.
Old 6th August 2013, 14:57   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
1. A good accomodation hotel/lodge at Kanchi to stay with food or near to a good food place. We are pure veggies
MM Hotel,GRT.

Quote:
3. Also, i plan to start at around 4 pm from Kanchi to Bangalore. Is this time good to start?
shouldnt take you more than 4hours

Quote:
4. As i plan to start from our house near Kanteerava Studio near Nandini layout at around 5 or 5.30 am. Kindly suggest me good hotels on the way to have breakfast.
you can have breakfast at saravana bhavan at vellore-slight detour into town,which you should reach by 830.if you want to have it earlier,then you can have it at any of the restaurants on nh7 after hosur(adyar ananda bhavan,kamat etc)otherwise,grand krishna at vellore on the nh itself.http://www.hotelgrandkrishna.com/contact.php
Old 6th August 2013, 15:04   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
MM Hotel,GRT.

shouldnt take you more than 4hours

you can have breakfast at saravana bhavan at vellore-slight detour into town,which you should reach by 830.if you want to have it earlier,then you can have it at any of the restaurants on nh7 after hosur(adyar ananda bhavan,kamat etc)otherwise,grand krishna at vellore on the nh itself.http://www.hotelgrandkrishna.com/contact.php
Thanks very much ranjit. GRT and MM hotels are very costly to say its all above 2.5K/night. My budget is around 1.5K as we would not be staying in the hotel very much as would be visiting places. How is this hotel sreesakthiresidency.com ? Anybody stayed here?

Thanks for the restaurants. Are the road works still going on on the GQ after Krishnagiri still?

Regards,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 6th August 2013 at 15:18.
Old 6th August 2013, 15:32   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks very much ranjit. GRT and MM hotels are very costly to say its all above 2.5K/night. My budget is around 1.5K as we would not be staying in the hotel very much as would be visiting places.

Thanks for the restaurants. Are the road works still going on on the GQ after Krishnagiri still?

Regards,
Ramki
yes road work still in progress.you can try http://www.hotelmilestonnez.com/
Old 6th August 2013, 15:49   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Chief View Post
also need help in finding a good place to stay for 2 days in Lucknow as well from 8th Aug evening. Requirements are usual, spacious, well appointed rooms with good food and parking. Budget around 3-4k max.
My favorite place at LKO is La Place Sarovar Portico.Spacious rooms,ample parking,Centrally located and it fits your bill as well.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks