Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2016, 18:08   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

Due to torrential rains this monsoon which was the heaviest that we saw in more than a decade ensured that I did not touch the Dark Knight for more than a month.

But, when the rains stopped a couple of weeks ago, was deciding to take the bike out for a slightly longer spin and not the usual 100kms breakfast ride (Which I also did in between but, mostly alone and whenever I felt like)

Last week along with a couple of friends we decided to head out to one of our most favorite destinations-SRISAILAM

Srisailam is roughly about 225kms and courses through some of the finest roads in our country all of which is back-roads with beautiful road surface which leads straight into the mountains and ghats of more than 60 kms through some dense forests with plenty of wildlife (Monkeys on road, Peacocks prancing and crossing the roads, sometimes you can get to see spotted deer as well)

Left home around 6:15am and reached meeting point around 6:45am where a friend on his Street 750 was already waiting. We both enjoyed a hot cuppa Irani chai and waited for other friend to come who typical makes a late entry. He arrived little after 7:00am in his inmitable style on his gleaming Bonneville (Best looking Bonnie in the country, IMHO) which shines so much that it can pain your eyes..LOL! And, he keeps his other 2 bikes ( Speed Tripple and Aprilia RSV4) exactly same as this one. Spic & Span!

We immediately left the place and decided to make pit-stop for fuel and air pressure check as none of us had done that. Just after crossing the airport, we stopped for filling up fuel and air pressure. We got the former but, most of our bunks are not too particular about air-pressure (someone waves a sign it ain't working, another places there is absolutely nobody to man it, tsk tsk) so we didn't get to fill air in our tyres

We headed out and weather reminded me of the cold Delhi winters ( I spend some part of winter in Delhi each year) and it was just fantastic to ride in that weather and we enjoyed a non-stop ride of 100kms till the breakfast point of a new restaurant on the highway started by a fellow rider (He now rides a Daviel and is a commercial pilot-This restaurant on highway is just an investment)

At the breakfast point, we enjoyed a delicious plate of Poori and Subji and Dosa. We all liked the food a lot here and came across a couple who were sitting on next table staring at us and one of ladies even went to window to check out the bikes and when we got up to leave she walked up to me and struck a conversation

We all spoke at length and they seemed totally enamoured by the way the Versys looked and asked quite pointy questions. Apparently, they too were heading to Srisailam in their Beemer (3'er). They left little ahead of us and we started having after a cup of awesome filter coffee

We rode on and came across the Beemer several times during our journey and we crossed them and when we stopped for pictures at scenic locations they would pass us and wave at us.

They too were driving in leisure and then finally we did a non-stop ride on ghat section to reach Srisailam around noon which is 230kms away and after spending 30 minutes we decided to head back and stopped once after we crossed the ghat for some water and tea around 2:30pm

Until now, 3 of us were riding together all through at a liesurely pace of 100-120kmph and at one point myself and Bonnie decided to do a fast sprint and broke away from the Street 750 and after some 20kms realized the Street was way behind and decided to stop and saw him in RVM after some 5-10 minutes.

I took off again and after 5 minutes looked into the mirror to not see either of them and just then got a call and dreaded message came through from the Bonnie guy-Street 750 friend met with an accident

I turned back to see the my friend standing but, his bike's front completely gone. A jeep had taken a sudden U-turn in a small town that normally comes in between highways and he rammed into him from behind at speeds of 40-60kmph (Just a guess as it was inside a town) and mistake was of the jeep who took this sudden u-turn and I think my friend couldn't stop in time. He was fine due to the helmet but, he suffered shock, minor bruises on face, head concussion as he lost his memory for sometime and kept asking the same questions again and again. We handled the crowd and put the bike in mini truck and made the jeep owner pay for the transport (INR 2,200 for 70kms back home).

We decided not to pursue the matter further and took his details and ensured he committed to pay the difference of the insurance money (if there is anything in first place as the friend doesn't remember if he has a zero dep or not on his bike). I was in a hurry to get him medical attention so made him sit in hired jeep and we followed it to his home and got his wife to get an MRI scan done right away and he was kept under observation for 24 hours before the doctor declared him "Alright"

I know many folks on the forum will immediately point out that Harley rider was not wearing appropriate gear nor a good helmet. I completely agree with you all. His entire family lives in US and he had already ordered the gear and was arriving in early Nov'16. But, then however bad the helmet he was wearing, it saved him. So this is a great lesson for all motorcycling lovers. ATTATG...I know most of us don't follow this rule but, wearing the basic safety precaution like Helmet, Gloves and Good Shoes is mandatory

It was such a tense Saturday that it's best forgetable. This again brings back to the point the infamous question-Is the new Street 750 brakes improved in the latest version? I really don't think so

Here are some pictures of this memorable ( Some good and mostly bad) ride of last weekend

Odometer when I left home in the morning

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2679.jpg

The big guy on a small machine..Haha!

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-6.jpg

Big guy now beside the correctly sized machine

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-7.jpg

Striking beauty

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender.jpg

My close pal who met with the accident

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2688.jpg

Lovely view-Riding straight into the mountains

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-3.jpg

Bonnie vs. Versys 650..LOL!

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-5.jpg

Hot Poori

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-2.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2689.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2732.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2741.jpg

Glorious view of the dam

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2747.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2750.jpg

Threesome !!!

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2751.jpg

Beautiful ghat section with dense forests on either side

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2752.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2753.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2770.jpg

Sad to see this sight

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2777.jpg

Final Trip meter

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_2780.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th October 2016 at 18:23.
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 01:22   #362
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 1-Year & 11,500 kms !!!

Good to hear that your friend is alright Avi. It's surprising to say given that he had absolutely no riding gear. The helmet did save him - especially when you say he still had some face injury. Would have been fatal if he was at high speeds. Sometimes I think it should be mandatory that people wear a good rising gear when going on long / group rides. Mandatory not from the authorities - but within the groups.

Another thing I feel is that while riding in groups - everyone should have a back up / emergency number stuck into his helmet. The number could be of the group leader or anyone. In an unfortunate incident such as this - people would know whom to reach out to.

Another thought that had come to my mind was - all riders could install an app like Waze (Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone). You could tell the location and speed of all the riders in your group. Ans if you notice any one is stopped for a long time - then there is trouble. And you would also know the location. Obviously you cannot be riding and using your mobile at the same time - but something a pillion can keep watch over.

Probably we could start a new thread to discuss some basic tips to be followed while riding in a group or solo.
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 10:12   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Good to hear that your friend is alright Avi. It's surprising to say given that he had absolutely no riding gear. The helmet did save him - especially when you say he still had some face injury. Would have been fatal if he was at high speeds. Sometimes I think it should be mandatory that people wear a good rising gear when going on long / group rides. Mandatory not from the authorities - but within the groups.
Totally agree! If you value your life, wear all gear. But, some times even the best gear cannot save you.

Well, he got a second life according to me and I told him to sell that bike and retrospect whether he wants to continue pursuing riding as a passion/hobby

He has extensive experience of riding motorcycles but, like many of us this passion got rekindled recently (2 months ago) but, it seemed to be short-lived.

More than anything I would blame the motorcycle as it just could not stop in time

Quote:
Another thing I feel is that while riding in groups - everyone should have a back up / emergency number stuck into his helmet.
Good Idea.

Quote:
Another thought that had come to my mind was - all riders could install an app like Waze (Waze - Free satellite navigation for your smartphone).
I have used WAZE extensively when I was in the US and it's a brilliant crowd sourcing app and is way better than google maps ( It's owned by Google) but, is more suited for western countries as I feel Indians are not yet matured to level where you contribute to fellow road users. We are busy fighting our own war on the road so helping a fellow mate is not even a thought

Even though the idea is good but, it's not really practical in our conditions

Quote:
Probably we could start a new thread to discuss some basic tips to be followed while riding in a group or solo.
I think that's a good idea so we can keep that discussion separate

Dark Knight went through a nice cleaning job post which got it's chain cleaned & lubed before putting her to sleep under the wraps
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_3072.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-2.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 11:45   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks owning an iPhone 6+ can relate to my woes.

None withstanding the fact that it being a brilliant phone, it's a pain to carry that huge piece of mobility around especially when you are out riding

I used to squeeze it uncomfortably inside my jacket pocket or thrust it inside my already skin tight jeans bursting at it's seam etc

So a thought was at back of mind to get a good mobile holder while riding and what is better than a "Mount Ram"

Bought the most popular one which is a "U-bolt with an X-grip" that is supposed to hang tight in it's designated spot even after you take a tumble from the bike

I attempted a DIY and fixed it today morning and later went for a 100kms spin and it's brilliantly stuck to it's place despite going through potholes at high speeds, a little bit of off-road trail riding etc.

Money well spent, I say !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-mr.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-3.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-1.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 14:27   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Last Sunday, a lovely ride happened by fluke. I reached out to a couple of close friends and they in-turn with one or two others who are also known to me and within no time-Voila!- A lovely close knit group of friends was formed for a weekend ride.

As usual, original plan was to ride on saturday but, due to a personal comittment I could not make it on Saturday and hence, this ride was postponed to Sunday

Team BHPian Downsouth was placed with the honorary task of identifying a unique location for this ride and he dug up something from the Internet and proposed a dilapiated fort in a small town called Jagtial which is about 50kms away from a bigger city-Karimnagar

We immediately honed down to this location as it consisted of beautiful 4-lane highway which is NOT boring like Bangalore highway (Plain straight 4 lane highway-Yawn). However, Karimnagar and Nagpur highway are a different ball-game altogether as they cut across some mountains and have lovely sweeping turns with many twisties and some being quite twisty too until Karimnagar. Post which we'll have take a diversion and ride another 40-50kms to Jagtial through some lovely back-roads with thick trees lined up on both side of roads

Total distance expected was 450kms

Folks who joined for this ride were a mix of BHPians and Non-BHPians

1. Mobike008 (V)
2. Downsouth (D390)
3. Anurag Liddo (D390)
4. IDP Sharma (Kawasaki Z800)
4. Sunder (Tiger 800)
5. Mani (T100)
6. Sunil (Kawasaki ER-6N)
7. Sunil's own brother Bobby (Street Tripple)
8. Varun (Street Tripple)

We decided to meet little on the outskirts of city at 7:30am and as usual for all rides organized by me, I'm particular about the timing with a maximum of 15 minutes leeway for late-comers.

Varun (4th Year Engineering Student) who joined for first time was warned of my punctuality by Mani who was the original kid of the group has now lost that mantle to Varun now. Both arrived at meeting point 15 minutes in advance.

We were all raring to go but, we had one member missing-Team BHPian IDP Sharma. He called at 7:30am and said his alarm did not go off

IDP, I still wonder how an alarm does not go off? I think you meant that you overslept and did not hear the alarm..Haha! Well, as you know, I came home previous night at 2:30am and still got up at 6:00am to be on time for the ride despite my mind and body being completely battered from the previous night's get together..LOL!

Anyways, we finally started around 8:15am and enjoyed a 50kms ride before we stopped for breakfast at Haritha and suprisingly, it was choc a block with highway bus passengers and it was not a good experience as both ambience and food was below average.

We quickly downed a plate of idly/wada and stopped for a long while outside the resort for for some roadside tea and then continued our ride

We kept up a quick pace and reached Karimnagar and had to ask plenty of people for route as we had to go via. the thick of Karimnagar city traffic and had to take many lefts/rights etc.

It was a beautiful ride thereafter through back-roads and we stopped a couple of times to enjoy the scenary and finally reached Jagtial fort around 12:00pm after covering ~ 254kms.

Fort was closed but, we requested the caretakers to open it and unfortunately there was nothing much to see as the fort was quite small and not too significant. A big crowd of local lads had gathered to see the 8 bikes and we all were basking in that glory as those kids were completely smitten by these big bikes. A quick rounds of pics later we decided to head back and

I requested the group to stop at highway as cannot stop at any city restaurant for lunch as it would be difficult to manage crowd control

We left the fort at 12:30pm and rode back with our tummy making grumbling noises till Siddipet which was nearly 150kms back towards Hyderabad and finally reached the destination around 2:00pm (almost perfect time for lunch) and sat down for a relaxed lunch and left the place at 3:30pm to reach home around 5:30pm. It was a enjoyable day with good friends, beautiful ride and good food at lunch

P.S: The young lad (Varun) was riding like a motogp veteran as I was mostly leading the group and he would come from behind and overtake me especially just before a corner and he would completely push his leg out and take those sweeping turns with his leg almost touching the road at reasonable high speed. When I view him from behind he looked as if sleeping in the corner...Haha! Great skill and truly impressive riding by him

Time for some pictures to visualize the above story

Meeting Point

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-meeting-point-1.jpg

Breakfast Stop

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-bf1.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-bf2.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-bf-3.jpg

Helmets too lined up

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-helmet.jpg

Waiting for folks to tank-up

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-petrol-waiting.jpg

Just stopped to enjoy the scenary

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-7.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-6.jpg

Jatial Fort-Jagtial, Karimnagar District

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fort-1.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fort-2.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fort-3.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fort-4.jpg

Obligatory Group Pic..Haha!

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-group-pic-1.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-group-pic-2.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_4247.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_4284.jpg

Beautiful and spanking new Z800 of IDPSharma

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-lunch-1.jpg

Lunch Stop-Anurag and Chetan (Downsouth)--The Duke Brothers

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-lunch-2.jpg

Colorful Biryani

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-biryani.jpg

Final tripmeter reading

Attachment 1574383
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_4244.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th November 2016 at 14:31.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 19:35   #366
BHPian

It was a wonderful ride that I had with Avi & group. Totally enjoyed ride and time spent with all group members, interesting folks!

Initially I could not keep up with them, as they all are good in taking corners at decent speeds and on the way back I tried to be along with group with some improved confidence coupled with some tips from our experienced folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
IDP, I still wonder how an alarm does not go off? I think you meant that you overslept and did not hear the alarm..Haha! Well, as you know, I came home previous night at 2:30am and still got up at 6:00am to be on time for the ride despite my mind and body being completely battered from the previous night's get together..LOL!
, Avi I never said my Alarm did not go off, what I said was "My Alarm did not do its job". Anyways, I finally made it and proved that I am a real Hyderabadi . Thanks to the group members and apologies for long wait.
idpsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2016, 17:02   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpsharma View Post
It was a wonderful ride that I had with Avi & group. Totally enjoyed ride and time spent with all group members, interesting folks!
Glad to know that you enjoyed the ride. This is just the beginning we'll do more rides in next few months as winters are the best times to ride

So keep that engine idling for the next ride which is around the corner

Quote:
Initially I could not keep up with them, as they all are good in taking corners at decent speeds and on the way back I tried to be along with group with some improved confidence coupled with some tips from our experienced folks.
True that. I could see the difference of your riding style while going (When even a Versys was overtaking you so easily) and towards the end of the ride (when you were overtaking a Versys with difficulty )

You were a changed man and riding more confidently and I'm sure you will keep up with Street Tripple fella very soon.

Quote:
Thanks to the group members and apologies for long wait.
Next time the fine will be to pay for everyone's fuel + breakfast for being late. So beware...LOL!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 09:56   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Btw, Dark Knight completes 8000kms during the last weekend ride and what a journey till now? It was PPP

PPP = Pleasurable, Powerful, Peaceful
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_4297.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 09:29   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

I heard a lot about this "Made in India" GO ON mobile charger and there seems to be good reviews about them online but, I'm yet to come across folks who have actually used it.

Anyone used this charger? How was your experience?

Now I need to figure out how to install this on the bike
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-img_4359.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 11:38   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

yesterday on the spur of the moment, I took a decision to buy an additional helmet as there was a fantastic deal on this lovely Shark helmet.

And, as usual being someone who has low will-power couldn't help but, pull the trigger

Ladies & Gentlemen, presenting you the Shark Speed-R SAUER

Now I just hope the size fits as this deal was only for one size...LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-shark_speed_r_series2_sauer_helmet_white_blue_red_zoom.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-shark_speed_r_series2_sauer_helmet_white_blue_red_zoom-1.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-753d745d1b9b314afb8c004694dc203a.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th November 2016 at 11:40.
Old 17th November 2016, 11:48   #371
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Avi, How much did you pic this helmet for and from where? Could you share some more details? I am looking for a 3rd helmet too now. Restricting the LS2 for only city riding and have already ordered a Bell Qualifier Torque helmet whicg is due to arrive next week. Looking for a good 3rd helmet for the pillion rider.

What would be a good comfortable and safe open face helmet for women (preferably DOT rated). Please keep in mind my riding style / Speed and I am not looking at a very expensive helmet. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited by v12 : 17th November 2016 at 11:55.
Old 18th November 2016, 08:42   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Avi, How much did you pic this helmet for and from where? Could you share some more details? I am looking for a 3rd helmet too now.
Well, I was on a business travel last few days and fellow member pointed out this awesome deal and I just couldn't resist and pulled the trigger without even knowing if that helmet will fit me and this decision was taken in 5 minutes and one of the important aspect was that Speed R has an internal sun visor which is super important to me since I wear spectacles and also the internal padding is made in such a way that its a great helmet for sliding in the spectacles smoothly and this feature is loved by the spectacle wearing helmet users

All I know is that there was only 1 helmet in closeout deal at Revzilla and that was XL size (61-62) which is around the size that I wear so took the risk and ordered it

After a heavy discount I paid 300 bucks for Shark Speed R (~21K) which is a super deal for a helmet which is right up there with likes of Shoei 1100RF, Arai Vector etc

Check out the detailed review of this helmet. Some of the Motogp riders wear it

Quote:
Restricting the LS2 for only city riding and have already ordered a Bell Qualifier Torque helmet whicg is due to arrive next week. Looking for a good 3rd helmet for the pillion rider. What would be a good comfortable and safe open face helmet for women (preferably DOT rated). Please keep in mind my riding style / Speed and I am not looking at a very expensive helmet. Any suggestions would be welcome.
What is your budget? If it's below 10K then look at the MT Atom for the modular helmet. I'm liking the MT range of helmets and very pleased with my current MT. Comfortable, Snug, Not too windy and overall a bang for the buck

However, I would NOT recommend a modular helmet at all even if you ride slow. Instead, place your bet on an MT Blade or any other full face helmet from MT line-up which would be more safer than the little more expensive MT Atom

I plan to use the MT Blade for short rides and wifey might use it whenever she rides with me and Shark for long rides which is increasing as time is passing

I'm all set for some more of good times ahead with the Dark Knight

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th November 2016 at 08:59.
Old 18th November 2016, 09:44   #373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What would be a good comfortable and safe open face helmet for women (preferably DOT rated).
Quote:
What is your budget? If it's below 10K then look at the MT Atom for the modular helmet. I'm liking the MT range of helmets and very pleased with my current MT. Comfortable, Snug, Not too windy and overall a bang for the buck

However, I would NOT recommend a modular helmet at all even if you ride slow.
Modular any day better than open face IMHO. Please atleast get the modular instead of open face one, v12.

If you have a budget above 10k, you could check out the AGV range. Bangalore Dainese store is having 40% discounts on their modular range priced around 20k otherwise. These are SHARP four star rated helmets.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 08:49   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I heard a lot about this "Made in India" GO ON mobile charger and there seems to be good reviews about them online but, I'm yet to come across folks who have actually used it.
Fixed the GO-ON charger and bought a child charger especially for the charging while riding and tested it thoroughly, it works flawlessly
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-fullsizerender-5.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 13:33   #375

Hey Avi, I have been following your thread from day 1 and really like the stuff that you post. I am planning to buy Versys 650 early next year(have been pushing it for close to a year now due to various reasons) so all the discussion in the thread is very useful.
Just wanted to Update about the 2017 update that Kawasaki has made. Apart from new graphics they have updated the bike with Gear indicator. No other major changes I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!-versys-650.png  

Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks