Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2015, 23:06   #3136

The chrome cover cannot be fixed without the plastic cover which has fallen off from the ORVM.
Old 24th February 2015, 08:03   #3137
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Guys, I have another doubt! I own a W6. Lately i feel that the hand brake performance is not at all satisfactory. Even if pulled to the extreme on a small ramp the vehicle tends to slowly slude backwards while making a grinding noise! Does any one else face this? Or is it an issue with my vehicle only. Any remedies?
Old 24th February 2015, 14:04   #3138
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcroadster View Post
Guys, I have another doubt! I own a W6. Lately i feel that the hand brake performance is not at all satisfactory. Even if pulled to the extreme on a small ramp the vehicle tends to slowly slude backwards while making a grinding noise! Does any one else face this? Or is it an issue with my vehicle only. Any remedies?
The handbrake works by engaging the rear brakes. May be the brake-pads on the rear have worn out. How many kms have you driven since the last time brake pads were changed?

Do get it checked. Its not normal.
Old 24th February 2015, 14:44   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The handbrake works by engaging the rear brakes. May be the brake-pads on the rear have worn out. How many kms have you driven since the last time brake pads were changed?

Do get it checked. Its not normal.
Sir its an year old xuv hardly driven 12k KMs! Havent got the brake pads changed till now... I ll definitely visit the service station and get this rectified asap.
Old 24th February 2015, 15:26   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcroadster View Post
Not a big issue. Just get the handbrake tightened during your next visit. Under 30 min job.

Cheerss!

- Sisu
Sisu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 15:32   #3141
Senior - BHPian

Guys i am facing this issue again and i don't remember its solution when it happened few years back, so if anyone knows, please help.

Whenever i switch off my XUV after a drive, i hear a humming sound from left passenger side. This humming sound dies off after few 5-10 seconds. Sometimes its quiet loud and sometimes very low, but it does happen every time i shut it down.
Old 24th February 2015, 16:22   #3142
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Guys i am facing this issue again and i don't remember its solution when it happened few years back, so if anyone knows, please help.

Whenever i switch off my XUV after a drive, i hear a humming sound from left passenger side. This humming sound dies off after few 5-10 seconds. Sometimes its quiet loud and sometimes very low, but it does happen every time i shut it down.
Isn't that the fan from the infotainment system?
Old 24th February 2015, 17:51   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I think so too. You should also hear it when you switch on the ignition, before you switch on the engine. Not audible if it is not quiet, though.
Old 24th February 2015, 19:15   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Yes, I think so too. You should also hear it when you switch on the ignition, before you switch on the engine. Not audible if it is not quiet, though.
Could be the fan. But this sound is not there when you switch on the ignition.
Old 24th February 2015, 20:11   #3145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Had parked my XUV in my covered parking slot on a Saturday afternoon. Was shocked to see the windshield cracked when I took out the car Monday morning! Attachment 1342360
Is part of the parked car exposed to the sun?or do the surroundings get hot?

The only logical reasoning for this cracked windscreen is a stress crack :

When you park the car immediately after driving with ac on , the total air mass inside the car is high because the density of air is high at low temperature.The lower the temperature the higher the density.

As the temperature inside increases , the air expands and if the car is air tight the weakest point gives way.

I have seen the rear screen of an Optra and the left rear window glass of an Indigo suffer damage under similar conditions.
Old 24th February 2015, 20:35   #3146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Actually my car had this issue for a long time. To the extent where I even started wondering... However, if I recall correctly I was suggested something related to a solenoid (don't know which solenoid) but either the sound stopped on its own or my ears grew immune to it. Bottomline being I never went back to rectify that issue.

I doubt though that it can be the Infotainment Console fan. The noise comes more from the extreme left... somewhere close to the left A-pillar IIRC.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 21:21   #3147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Actually my car had this issue for a long time. To the extent where I even started wondering... However, if I recall correctly I was suggested something related to a solenoid (don't know which solenoid) but either the sound stopped on its own or my ears grew immune to it. Bottomline being I never went back to rectify that issue.

I doubt though that it can be the Infotainment Console fan. The noise comes more from the extreme left... somewhere close to the left A-pillar IIRC.
Exactly, it comes from extreme left side and its audible from outside too. I don't recall getting this rectified when it happened few years back. Maybe it went off on its own that's why i don't recall its solution.
Old 25th February 2015, 00:00   #3148
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks, I am in the market for a XUV and I was planning for a W6 due to expected higher reliability but then I saw in bangalore so many good used XUVs are available which are typically less than 1 yr old and less than 10K km on the Odo. So I am tempted to save some money and maybe even buy a W8.

Need feedback from the forum about which month/year onwards XUV has most issues resolved. I understand the car has consistently been upgraded to resolve the known issues by Mahindra.
Old 25th February 2015, 05:47   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey folks, I am in the market for a XUV and I was planning for a W6 due to expected higher reliability but then I saw in bangalore so many good used XUVs are available which are typically less than 1 yr old and less than 10K km on the Odo. So I am tempted to save some money and maybe even buy a W8.

Need feedback from the forum about which month/year onwards XUV has most issues resolved. I understand the car has consistently been upgraded to resolve the known issues by Mahindra.
XUVs made post Oct/Nov 2013 are niggle free
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 16:03   #3150
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Not really a niggle, but could point to a potential problem.

Came across the following case in the Accidents thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3650534

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-xuv-broken-alloy.jpg

See the broken alloy in the pic? The post says that some onlookers mentioned that the alloy broke off while the car was in motion and that caused the accident.

Now that's a scary thought given that those alloys are from M&M genuine accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks