Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 23:56   #4546
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
The advisor was also saying that a clutch (3 systems) replacement for AT is done at 80k. I went through this thread, no one has done it.
My AT has done 1,28,000 kms+ in six years, and apart from the routine services nothing else was done or replaced so far.
Old 5th July 2013, 10:49   #4547
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to get my Civic serviced. I bought it a fortnight ago, it had done 65K and the seller said that he had got it serviced from local mechanics after 2010, so no records.

Please tell me what all I should get done. I am planning to replace brake pads, getting the brake oil bled and replaced, replacing engine oil with petronas semi-synthetic oil; what else?

Cheers
Old 5th July 2013, 10:55   #4548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi,

I am planning to get my Civic serviced. I bought it a fortnight ago, it had done 65K and the seller said that he had got it serviced from local mechanics after 2010, so no records.

Please tell me what all I should get done. I am planning to replace brake pads, getting the brake oil bled and replaced, replacing engine oil Aswith petronas semi-synthetic oil; what else?

Cheers
At Hass brake pads would be a expensive affair.Transmission fluid and the fuel filter or fuel strainer should be changed.Ask the previous owner if he had changed the fuel strainer as this pretty expensive as well

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 5th July 2013 at 11:04.
Old 6th July 2013, 08:40   #4549
BHPian

Urgent Help Needed

Hi,

I am going to Kashmiti Gate to buy spares for my Civic. I do not have service/user manual and am not able to find the following info on the internet, please help...

1. How much engine oil civic takes?

2. Brake fluid?

3. Transmission fluid?

4. Coolant?

Thanks

Nitin
Old 6th July 2013, 18:06   #4550
BHPian

2 Questions:

1)Could someone let know what is the pipe marked in red in the Picture? After Highway trips, I notice (Water like) condensate on the Pipe section shown.What could this be due to? This is happening only on my last 2 trips.I also notice Greenish powder deposits on the pipe.The car has done 70500 Kms.

2)After changing to 205/65/15 Size,I hear a Kat- Kat noise on turning the Steering wheel at low speeds.Could it be an indication that Power steering is getting strained?

Thanks
Ramanak
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Engine Bay Pic.bmp (687.1 KB, 353 views)
Old 7th July 2013, 20:29   #4551
BHPian

Hi,

Today I took my Civic for a service. Got engine oil (Petronas semi-synthetic), coolant, spark plugs and brake pads replaced. While replacing brake pads, the mechanic said that the steering rake is leaking. He said the can fix it for 3500 and would guarantee his work for 6 months.

How does this sound? Should I go for it? The wheel bearing in front-right wheel is also gone. he is asking 1000 bucks for replacing it. Is this ok?

Thanks

Nitin
Old 8th July 2013, 09:52   #4552
Senior - BHPian

What is the optimal tyre pressure that one must keep for maximising fuel efficiency?
I recently got the air filled and I noticed that the regular pump that I visit has a faulty air gauge and the rear tyres had 36 psi. The mileage I was getting was phenomenal. Now I filled in the company prescribed 32 psi and the mileage has reduced.
Old 8th July 2013, 10:14   #4553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
What is the optimal tyre pressure that one must keep for maximising fuel efficiency?
I recently got the air filled and I noticed that the regular pump that I visit has a faulty air gauge and the rear tyres had 36 psi. The mileage I was getting was phenomenal. Now I filled in the company prescribed 32 psi and the mileage has reduced.
30 psi when cold, which usually is 32-34 psi when running, depending on ambient temperature.

You'll get better F/E at higher psi due to reduced rolling resistance, but the centre of the tyres will wear out faster, not to mention increased risk due to lower grip (lower contact patch area). Both of these negate any gains to F/E.

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th July 2013, 10:22   #4554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
2 Questions:

1)Could someone let know what is the pipe marked in red in the Picture? After Highway trips, I notice (Water like) condensate on the Pipe section shown.What could this be due to? This is happening only on my last 2 trips.I also notice Greenish powder deposits on the pipe.The car has done 70500 Kms.

2)After changing to 205/65/15 Size,I hear a Kat- Kat noise on turning the Steering wheel at low speeds.Could it be an indication that Power steering is getting strained?

Thanks
Ramanak

Thats the AC Pipe. My AC guy has shown me ice on that Pipe as well to prove that the servicing has happened well
Old 8th July 2013, 11:58   #4555
Senior - BHPian

It was time for me to change my battery as it was on its last legs. I was postponing the decision for a few weeks but when the car refused to crank last Friday evening from office (that too from basement 2) I decided it was time.

The OE battery that came with the car was SF and the car is 3 years and 4 months old. I have had Amaron as replacement for all my cars thus far and for my bike as well so didn't have a second thought this time too.

Went to that battery shop where I am a regular and finalized the deal for 5500 INR including the buyback of the old battery. There is a remarkable difference in the crank now with the new battery. The model I went for is AMARON PRO 55B24LS (the only one available for the Civic in Amaron) and comes with a 60 month warranty of which the first 30 months offer a replacement while the last 30 months offer a discounted price on the purchase of a new battery.
rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 22:54   #4556
Senior - BHPian

I have a manual transmission 2007 civic. Recently on eBay, I stumbled upon this:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-Door-Sill...item3f24ea68c5

I've always liked this addition to the upgraded civic. Will this work fine with my older version too?
Old 10th July 2013, 08:02   #4557

Hello..

The leather steering wheel (without audio of cruise control) on my Civic has kinda lost its sheen.. Can I replace it with another steering wheel from Honda with the audio controls on the steering wheel.. Has anyone got it done n how much would it cost !!!??

Regards
Abhishek
Old 10th July 2013, 08:41   #4558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek MPatil View Post
The leather steering wheel (without audio of cruise control) on my Civic has kinda lost its sheen.. Can I replace it with another steering wheel from Honda with the audio controls on the steering wheel..
Just curious, how old is the car and the kms done?
Old 10th July 2013, 13:28   #4559

It's done 58ks and it's a 2009 model. Oh it's a Manual. The steering wheel isn't bad but would like to change.
Old 10th July 2013, 14:11   #4560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek MPatil View Post
Hello..

The leather steering wheel (without audio of cruise control) on my Civic has kinda lost its sheen.. Can I replace it with another steering wheel from Honda with the audio controls on the steering wheel.. Has anyone got it done n how much would it cost !!!??
Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Just curious, how old is the car and the kms done?
You can replace thee steering wheel. Whether you can connect the remote (on the wheel) controls is a different matter. At best a small loom may be needed, provided to Stereo is 'remote ready'. Also, remember you must be extra careful since you risk triggering the SRS (aka air bag).
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks