Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 11:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Oh boy.... Not sure what to say. Are you parking at open areas or at covered lots? IMHO, you should put visible deterents like steering lock etc.
I always park my car in covered parking either in apartment or at office. In office we have Multi Level Car parking and many Taxi drivers roam around there. However one security guard is there for looking after. But cannot think that he can always look after all cars.

In last one week I hardly left my car on road unattended or in shopping malls.

In nearby office building my friend's Innova's wheel caps always get stolen. He replaced 3 times now he keep all wheels without wheel cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Vandal all around! Some people just get the kick out of damaging others property for no apparent reason!

Go ahead and de-badge your vehicle or leave it as it is. Don't replace it immediately. The faster you replace / correct the damage the more the fun is for those things to damage it again. Let them lose interest.
I could keep as it is. But you yourself do not like when you see it everyday. . I will take some time to replace Safari logo.
Old 11th November 2010, 14:58   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
...I could keep as it is. But you yourself do not like when you see it everyday...
Can understand that! The only scratch on my vehicle was caused on the fuel lid side by a grans on TVS50. And I get to see it every time I walk up to the Safari due to its parking position. I am not even sure what all I cursed that poor chap, in my mind, each time I saw the scratch.

I finally let it be, as my wife said, to wand off evil eyes!

I am just worried about those dodo's finding a kick out of ruining the badges each time you fix it.
Old 15th November 2010, 15:04   #93
Senior - BHPian

Found the culprit!

I found culprit for missing "ri" from Safari Logo during this weekend. It is our apartment car cleaning guy. I think while wiping cloth might have got stuck to "ri" and it came out.

He silently kept "ri" in the boot below rubber mat. When I opened boot during weekend and removed rubber mat just to align it properly, I found this. I gave a full peace of mind to those guys and told them at least report me/owners if any such things happen.

Fixed "ri" with FeviQuick at exact position and now it is looking good.

But he was constantly denying for missing "X" for LX. It was already replaced by me.

So, next time if your Safari logo is missing look after car cleaning guy if you have employed.

Last edited by anujmishra : 15th November 2010 at 15:05.
Old 24th November 2010, 11:36   #94
Senior - BHPian

Sent mail to customer care

Send an email to Tata Motors customer care regarding momentarily feel of jerk in 2nd and 3rd gear while accelerating between 1500 to 1900 RPM. Withing 24 hours I got a reply from Tata Motors with CC to KHT Motors Customer Relationship Officer and Tata Motors official.

Immediately I get call from KHT Service for diagnosis of issue. I have already informed that this issue is being faced by at least 3 - 4 owners of recent BS - IV Safari.

I have fixed an appointment with KHT and they are humble enough to offer me to pick car from my office. But I insisted I will myself bring car to their service station. Lets see what will come out of that diagnosis. This is called good service initiative by TATA. I am not bother about result, it is their proactiveness and eager to solve issue matters.

Request to other owners please keep on posted on this problem and possible solution. Meanwhile I will also update here outcome of diagnosis.
Old 25th November 2010, 15:58   #95
BHPian

Quote:
I have given my Safari LX today for first servicing at KHT Motors, Bangalore. 1387 KMs was on ODO. I have made list of issue needed attention during first service. Most of them were small issue. Here is the list I prepared

Safari First Service Issues
  • Steering tilted towards right
  • Gear knob tilted.
  • Air vent selector get jam and cannot come to front only position.
  • Headlights are not levelled. Check with proper levelling.
  • Momentarily loss of power (0.5 – 1 sec) while accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gear.
  • AC Cooling capacity check.
  • There was no water in windshield washer tank during delivery.
  • Rear door many times not able to open through keys. Have to open from inside. Alignment of rear door does not looks proper.
  • Clutch pedal making spring noise
  • Spongy feeling of brakes. Might be needed of brake bleeding.
  • Can we reduce turning radius with idler arm nut adjustment. It is huge as of now.
  • Sometimes suspension makes “KHAT” sound going diagonally over speed breaker.
  • Slightly car moves towards left while in motion. Alignment check.
  • Front Grill and Rear Left Door handle are loose
  • Wheel cover painting was not proper as per GX spec.
  • LX Monogram is not fixed at proper place
Service advisor attended all my issues one by one. Here are the corrective measures.
  • Steering and gear knob straitened.
  • They have lubricated Air Vent selector and it is working fine as of now.
  • Headlights leveled properly.
  • Momentarily loss of power. They have done some adjustments (Don't know what?). I am not feeling now. I have driven 10 KMs after service.
  • AC cooling is fine.
  • They have filled water in windshield tank.
  • Lubricated lock of read(dicky) door and corrected problem. As of now it is operating fine. Need to check after few days.
  • Clutch pedal spring greased, now noise is not coming.
  • They have cleaned the brake linings and feel is OK. However they have not done bleeding. If problem resurfaced I will ask for bleeding.
  • Turning radius they have adjusted (reduced) to maximum possible by adjusting idler. Earlier it was not there. If they reduce more tires will touch to wall.
  • Suspension KHAT: Greased idler arm.
  • Alignment done and no left movement
  • Front grill tightened
  • Body shop incharge corrected painting in wheel cover.
  • Rear Monogram placed at correct position, however I checked at home LX monogram is not fixed properly. I will fix it myself with QuickFix carefully, otherwise it will fell down.
I have not went for Engine Oil change as it is not recommended during first service.

Total bill came for servicing at the time of delivery is Rs. 0. I have opted for AMC package so all consumables are included in AMC.

Car is driving very well. I have driven 10 KMs as of now after servicing. Engine noise reduced (Feeling much softer) and gear lever is much more smooth now. Feeling of brake is good.

I have opted for front fog lamps fitting. Fog lamps are fitted but KHT did not have 2 way switch in stock. It is pending now and fog lamp is not working. I need to procure 2 way switch from outside. I want 2 way switch because later I will fit rear fog lamps too. So, both fog lamp shall be operated with single switch.
UP: Front fog lamps only.
DOWN: Front + Rear fog lamps.

Total bill without switch: 3114 Rupees.

It is ridiculous that OEM fog lamp switch (As of EX+ Models ) does not come separate. If it goes bust one has to change entire center console, costing 3500 Rupees.

Is there any place where I can source OEM fog lamp switch from outside?

I will search OEM look alike switch for fog lamps at JC Road, Bangalore. I saw in one of the Santro similar (Push to on, Push to off) external fog lamp switch was fitted from outside. I hope somebody should have manufacturing for Safari too.
Hey, I was also looking for central fog lamp swich for my safari. One shop in my hometown was sellign me whole central console for Rs. 1400. I missed that one. Now I will buy this swithch. In Delhi they were quoting around RS. 2500. Do ping me if you want whole console
Old 21st December 2010, 01:05   #96
BHPian

re: 2nd Service Completed, Present ODO :5700 KMs:2010 Safari LX VTT - Cycus Grey

Quote:
I suspect that LX variant comes in Pearl White. As per my knowledge LX comes in following color

Just inquire about availability of Pearl While LX. I have not seen one on the road.

For cladding painting showroom quoted price was 16,200 Rupees. I got some different deal for this.
Anuj off-late congrats for THE Best (BEAST ) . That indeed looks comprehensive with those 2 tone paints . Could you please ellaborate on the pricing for the claddings painted .
Old 21st December 2010, 21:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

3000 KM Update

My beast is only cloaked 3000 KMs till now. No long drives for me after Bangalore - Tirupati and really busy in household chores. I do not think I will be free for long drive till March 2011.

But till 3000 KMs no issue as such as well as no rattling . I mostly using it in city only.

Only power-less issue playing hide and seek with me 1 week with completely no observation and the very second week I observe the same.

Apart from turning radius I feel my Safari for city drive as quite comfortable car. No issue as such as I take it to small lanes of Bangalore to two/four lane road daily.

No scratches so far anywhere in car as I am completing 3 month on 23rd with 3K Kms.

So Low Kms. Huh. Can't help out as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Could you please ellaborate on the pricing for the claddings painted .
Service center quoted price for cladding painting is around 16K. But I got some different deal for cladding painting.
Old 26th December 2010, 16:48   #98
BHPian

Re: 3000 KM Update

Quote:

Service center quoted price for cladding painting is around 16K. But I got some different deal for cladding painting.
I was looking for an answer to this . I am looking for a similar deal and would be able to decide with your help ! May be you can just PM me the details on the alternate deal you managed
Old 30th December 2010, 19:17   #99
Senior - BHPian

re: 2nd Service Completed, Present ODO :5700 KMs:2010 Safari LX VTT - Cycus Grey

Off late but not so great photos of my Safari. Did not find good picturesque location to shoot my Safari .

I am going for some long drive coming Saturday and I am inbetween my Mom and My wife regarding location. Mom is in favour of Rameswaram and Wife is in Shirdi. I think now I will go to Rameshwaram.

Enjoy...
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0077-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0080-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0073-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0074-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0079-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0083-medium.jpg
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:12   #100
BHPian

Have a good trip Anuj. Call me if you have trouble communicating in Tamil. :-)
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:50   #101
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Madurai - Rameshwaram and back

Did a Bangalore Madurai Rameshwaram and back on 1st January and 2nd January weekend. Total km cloaked 1247 Kms home to home. Initially I had planned for Shirdi but dropped it and went to Madurai- Ramshwaram pilgrimage in favour of my mother. Also dropped Kanyakumari from itenarary as my mother is not willing to travel more.

Extremely good part is average of my Safari is increased to much satisfactory level. In the city it is giving 10.30 KMPL and on highway with 90% AC both way it gave me 14.30 KMPL. It was quite good average and maximum I pushed it till 130 KMPH but most of the time driving around 90 - 100 KMPH. While coming back off 700 KMs it took 49 liter of diesel. . During Tirupati trip it gave me only around 12.28 KMPL and it was before first service. Total KM cloaked is around 4500 KMs. 500 more kms need to do for second service.

Toll charges are menace and I paid whopping 729.00 Rupees of total toll both ways. So many toll plaza and I found new toll plaza came up near Hosur and charging rupees 20 one way. During my Hogenakkal trip it was not there as I remember early last year.

Only pain point is kitch-kitch sound and little powerloss feeling around 1500 -1700 RPM in any high gears 2 - 3 - 4 - 5. Would take ride service station this time if they are not able to pin point this problem.

No body felt tired during journey and on Sunday I have driven it for 810 KMs. On Saturday 1/1/2011 we went to Madurai and halted there and visited Meenakshi Temple. On Sunday early morning we started from Madurai to Ramshwaram. Roads till Rameshwaram is in quite good shape with occasional patches and rough road.

We all enjoyed early morning drive to Rameshwaram as it was full country side roads and villages of Tamilnadu all around.

We started around 2 PM from Ramehwaram and reached home around 2:00 AM night. After Salem at night number of trucks increases on NH 7 and it takes quite a lot of time to negotiate them.

Some photographs of the trip

The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0016-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0017-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0062-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0065-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0069-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0070-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0071-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0072-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0073-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0075-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0076-medium.jpg
The Ride" 2010 Tata Safari Lx VTT - Cycus Grey-img_0077-medium.jpg

Last edited by anujmishra : 3rd January 2011 at 12:57.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:36   #102
BHPian

Good to see a fellow Safari owner is all proud of his
Nice write-up and this is one mistake most [or all] of the Safari owners do. We take a lot of photos keeping Safari in bright focus rather than others like people
In my extended family, I am considered a Safari maniac when it comes to photography during any of my trips with Safari !

Prem.
Old 3rd January 2011, 21:33   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Nice write-up and this is one mistake most [or all] of the Safari owners do. We take a lot of photos keeping Safari in bright focus rather than others like people
Cannot avoid it at any cost. Our temptation directs us to take maximum pics of Safari than me and it is true. I am present in only three pics and many of Safari.

Safari is giving me above expectation mileage and I was happy around 12 KMPL average on highway. In this trip it gave me 14+. I am more than happy. Also there is no tiredness in those long trip. Truly enjoying it.
Old 4th January 2011, 09:55   #104
BHPian

Good to know you had a good trip, Anuj.

Very good FE as well - >14kmpl is impressive, and I think Safari is infact capable of delivering such good FE and even more if driven carefully and sedately - but the temptation to push her beyond 120kmph is always irresistible on the open highway.
I was also getting around 13.5kmpl during my December trips to Kannyakumari.

So no complaints FE wise,, only persistent niggle is the hiccup issue, only time will tell.
Old 17th January 2011, 09:20   #105
Senior - BHPian

Coolant Leaking !!!

Yesterday night I came to know that coolant in Safari is leaking and it is down to below MIN level in coolant tank. I checked with torch found that one foam type of material placed inside engine compartment was completely soaked with coolant.

I came to know when I saw few drops of something at my parking below engine. Drops came out when it was overflowed from foam type material. I did not take my car to office today.

Tomorrow I will take it to KHT motors for getting it checked. It looks like clamps (once reported by tsk1979) are the culprits and somewhere it is leaking from hoses. While inspection I did not find the leaking point inside the engine bay.

I am now actively considering replacement of all hose clips of coolants with screw type one. Good that It happened at home otherwise it would have lead to engine seize on highway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks