Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 10:41   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: A Mahindra CJ500 DP and a custom made Expedition Trailer

Finally the jeep has come home and this is how She looks now.
Attached Thumbnails
A Mahindra CJ500 DP and a custom made Expedition Trailer-img20150630wa0007.jpg  

A Mahindra CJ500 DP and a custom made Expedition Trailer-camerazoom20150630152606375.jpg  

A Mahindra CJ500 DP and a custom made Expedition Trailer-camerazoom20150630152613794.jpg  

A Mahindra CJ500 DP and a custom made Expedition Trailer-camerazoom20150630152621850.jpg  

A Mahindra CJ500 DP and a custom made Expedition Trailer-img20150630wa0016.jpg  

wanderernomad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 10:50   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Finally the jeep has come home and this is how She looks now.
It has come out really good.
One suggestion - search for square side mirrors of CJ3B (replicas easily available in Mayapuri) to enhance the look. These Tata Ace side mirrors are spoiling the looks.

Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 10:57   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
It has come out really good.
One suggestion - search for square side mirrors of CJ3B (replicas easily available in Mayapuri) to enhance the look. These Tata Ace side mirrors are spoiling the looks.

Shubhendra Singh
Any leads at Mayapuri, Shubhendra jee? I am going to Delhi tomorrow and shall look them up.
Old 1st July 2015, 11:14   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any leads at Mayapuri, Shubhendra jee? I am going to Delhi tomorrow and shall look them up.
Sent you whatsapp. I generally buy spares from this guy, in fact if you are there tomorrow, please follow-up with him about large consignment of NGCS which he claimed to sent last week but we are yet to receive it in Poona.

Also, he is also typical mayapuri shop owner and i do not take any guarantee of him.

Shubhendra Singh
Old 1st July 2015, 16:11   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Sent you whatsapp. I generally buy spares from this guy, in fact if you are there tomorrow, please follow-up with him about large consignment of NGCS which he claimed to sent last week but we are yet to receive it in Poona.

Also, he is also typical mayapuri shop owner and i do not take any guarantee of him.

Shubhendra Singh
I shall be there this friday evening or saturday and shall follow it up. Shall let you know.
Old 1st July 2015, 17:40   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Wanderernomad - you really went overboard but the end result has come out very good. Please change the number plates, they don't look nice now. Best of luck!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 18:08   #157
Senior - BHPian

Thank you. It indeed means a lot coming from you. Just one query. Are the hood latch points on both left and right side equidistant? in my case the left hand ones seem to have moved further upfront towards the grill than the right side ones. You can see the latches slightly tilted in order to secure onto the holding bracket. I measured the distance and in the right hand side the distance from the hood end to the first hole is the same as the distance to the second hole on the left side. The sides are taken as sitting in the drivers seat.
Old 2nd July 2015, 07:11   #158
BHPian

Quote:
I shall be there this friday evening or saturday and shall follow it up. Shall let you know.
Looking really nice. Congratulations.
If you are in Mayapuri, you may also want to look at the "army" type front tow points and a rhino hook. They will give a 'sturdy' look in the front and should be easily available.
Also as Shubhen said, dont forget to bargain a bit
genesis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 10:13   #159
Senior - BHPian

Did not go to Mayapuri due to paucity of time and also the temperature helped in making the decision. Now one issue the water pump leaks untill the water level in the radiator falls to a certain level and then stops leaking. The temperature stays around 80 deg and during slow speeds climbs to 90 but comes back to 80 once speed picks up. Should I replace the water pump of simply apply m-seal around the edges where it is leaking and see how it performs?
Old 7th July 2015, 10:43   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should I replace the water pump of simply apply m-seal around the edges where it is leaking and see how it performs?
Non techie like me would suggest to put m-seal, use it for a while and see the behaviour.
Weather must be pleasant out there which will help run your engine cooler.
Being a peugeot engine, soon you will be addicted to seeing temp meter every 5 mins. I have developed this habit irrespective of which vehicle i drive

And i received my consignment 2 days back after waiting for more than 3 week.

Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 15:05   #161
Senior - BHPian

Located the point of leakage. The picture is also attached. There is a small indention in the main body of the pump immediately aft of the pulley. Its almost like a basin where a screw may get bolted though I could feel no threads with my finger. Any idea what that depression is? Is it perfectly ok if I plug it with mseal or I am missing a bolt from that place which I need to thread/put back.
Attached Thumbnails
A Mahindra CJ500 DP and a custom made Expedition Trailer-camerazoom20150709140156294.jpg  

Old 10th July 2015, 00:12   #162
Senior - BHPian

The leak is apparently from the place the rotary shaft goes into the pump. Mseal wont work there.
Old 10th July 2015, 10:46   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Located the point of leakage. The picture is also attached. There is a small indention in the main body of the pump immediately aft of the pulley. Its almost like a basin where a screw may get bolted though I could feel no threads with my finger. Any idea what that depression is? Is it perfectly ok if I plug it with mseal or I am missing a bolt from that place which I need to thread/put back.
Dear Wanderernomad - this is called "weep hole"! . A very small amount of leakage will occur past the coolant seal, which is supposed to come out of the weep hole so that it will regulate the pressure next to the seal. However, this should not result in any coolant level change at all. If there is a trickle of drops coming out, please change the water pump immediately. XDP4.90 engine is extremely sensitive to coolant level, any drop in coolant level will result in immediate engine seizure. I am not frightening you but this is the reality of this engine, be careful. M-seal and things like it are not engineering solutions, so stay away from such things.

As a PCA (Permanent Corrective Action), please install a degassing tank. Please see Fazal's Jeep thread for mounting and plumbing details. You will have to use degassing tank of Indica!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 10:51   #164
Senior - BHPian

I went to the mechanic armed with the drawings and pictures of the degassing tank set up. However, it was noticed that there was no leakage and no change in the water coolant level. So no alterations were made. During the past one week of driving the following is noticed. It doesnt leak when the engine is running. However, once the engine cools down it starts to leak after about 2 hours of standing still. Once you refill and start driving again there is no leakage and the story is repeated once you are back and standing still.
wanderernomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 11:36   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I went to the mechanic armed with the drawings and pictures of the degassing tank set up. However, it was noticed that there was no leakage and no change in the water coolant level. So no alterations were made. During the past one week of driving the following is noticed. It doesnt leak when the engine is running. However, once the engine cools down it starts to leak after about 2 hours of standing still. Once you refill and start driving again there is no leakage and the story is repeated once you are back and standing still.
Dear Wanderernomad - please replace the water pump. The XDP4.90 engine will not forgive you, it will punish you by seizing up. I have told you before also, this engine is extremely sensitive to cooling system integrity.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks