Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 20:00   #871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Swastikviji - what do you think I will do to reincarnate the CL340? There is one major difference though. The rear overhang is more in the CL550MDI as compared to the original CL340.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram,
You really mean that?
Are you really working on bringing 340 back or atleast you seem to have a plan?
If it ain't the case, forgive me for bringing this up.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 26th April 2010, 21:54   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Starter - for Behram Dhabhar, nothing is impossible. Seen the Hindi movie "Guru"? That's my take. "Naa shabd mujhe sunai nahin deta"

My funda is very clear - "Anybody who says "no" to me has had it". Its very clear. I need a compatible engine. I'll do the body, no issues. The 4 speed transmission must clear all of today's regulatory needs. I did not make these regulations. I only abide by them.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 26th April 2010, 22:19   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Starter - for Behram Dhabhar, nothing is impossible. Seen the Hindi movie "Guru"? That's my take. "Naa shabd mujhe sunai nahin deta"

My funda is very clear - "Anybody who says "no" to me has had it". Its very clear. I need a compatible engine. I'll do the body, no issues. The 4 speed transmission must clear all of today's regulatory needs. I did not make these regulations. I only abide by them.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behram Sir,
I know that there is nothing impossible for you!
I wish you all the best.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Warm Regards,
Deepak

PS: Sorry Sharath for going off-topic on this thread. The new tub is coming out real good!
Old 27th April 2010, 10:24   #874
BANNED

Dear Behramji,

Quote:
The 4 speed transmission must clear all of today's regulatory needs. I did not make these regulations. I only abide by them.
First, for you and M&M.

1. What way is the gear box related to regulatory norms? I thought it is only emession norms, not even FE. (means a 6 KMPL set up is quite fine, as a 30 KMPL set up, so long as the respective engines comply with emission norms. Where does the gear box come in?

2. Already decided that this will have only 4 gears?
Old 27th April 2010, 11:46   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Dear Behramji,

First, for you and M&M.

1. What way is the gear box related to regulatory norms? I thought it is only emession norms, not even FE. (means a 6 KMPL set up is quite fine, as a 30 KMPL set up, so long as the respective engines comply with emission norms. Where does the gear box come in?

2. Already decided that this will have only 4 gears?
According to my discussion with behram a while ago on this, the gearbox issue is related to noise levels and not emission norms. According to regulations, the noise levels should meet a certain criteria two gears below the top one. Thus, for a five speed GB, it should meet norms in 3rd gear.
Thus, it is difficult to meet these norms in a 4 speed GB.
Old 27th April 2010, 12:24   #876
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that are the existing 4 speed GB designed to take such huge torque and loads?

Spike
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:20   #877
Team-BHP Support

Today I was at the garage...again. This is my 3rd visit in last 3 weeks. It is almost like visiting your neighborhood mechanic, who happens to be 250Kms away.

The main body is almost ready, just the gearbox sealer needs to be fixed and other minor stuff.

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-010.jpg

It has been only 12 days since the last visit. The rusted rear chassis piece has replaced.

Old and the new.

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-011.jpg

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-001.jpg

Rear door completed.

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-006.jpg

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-007.jpg

The pintle hook mount look so feeble. Also the new rear chassis piece is slightly protruding outside. We'll weld in an extra steel block to bring to level. Also, the mechanic will be providing a steel bar from inside to reinforce the pintle hook mount.

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-002.jpg

I also gave my front D-shackle eyelets for installation. These will be mounted with an internal reinforcing to hold the eyelets. A c-section will be welded from inside the front bumper which will be again bolted to the chassis C-section an using L piece.

I have changed my mind about the color.

I looked at the following thread and realised that red would look out-of-place in this background.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...mbe-ghats.html (Cooling system testing in Agumbe Ghats)

Since they hadn't purchased the paint, I asked them to hold on for couple more days. I need a color that blends with the nature and not contrast with it.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:37   #878
Team-BHP Support

Nothing has changed in Vinay Thomas's Jeep. Still I called him up to see whether he wanted anything. Well, he wanted close-up shots since he hasn't seen the Jeep or visited the garage in 2 years.

So here they are...
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-012.jpg  

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-013.jpg  

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-014.jpg  

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-015.jpg  

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-016.jpg  

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-017.jpg  

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-018.jpg  

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-019.jpg  

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-020.jpg  

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-jeep-021.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 13:16   #879
Senior - BHPian

The red color has an upside. It gives you visibility hence some safety. However, I have decided to let you make the decision.

By the way, the news you gave us about your son was seen by us. Do not let our lack of verbosity be taken as a lack of concern. We are with you, if silently.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:52   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
The red color has an upside. It gives you visibility hence some safety. However, I have decided to let you make the decision.

By the way, the news you gave us about your son was seen by us. Do not let our lack of verbosity be taken as a lack of concern. We are with you, if silently.
+1 to that DD,

I have experienced the emotional disturbance an individual has to face when a loved one suffers from Autism.

We are all with you.
Old 4th May 2010, 23:50   #881
Team-BHP Support

Just take the original DOG color i had in mind for DwArF and make it dull finish!
Old 5th May 2010, 00:09   #882
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ken. I did consider light/bright colors again based on your point, but Jeep needs darker shade. Otherwise it attracts too much attention. In addition, every inevitable scratch will be visible. Right now I am contemplating between Graphite and Commander Grey.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
I have experienced the emotional disturbance an individual has to face when a loved one suffers from Autism.

We are all with you.
Thanks guys, but life must go on. These days I am getting to spend more time with family as I work from home at Bangalore half the time. Also, most of our weekend time now is planned around kids. But I will try to attend OTR events once in a while. But I definitely can't attend most events in Bangalore.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:22   #883
Team-BHP Support

I didn't agonise so much while picking the Jeep when compared to my dilemma over the color choice. Anyway, after much thinking I decided to go with Graphite with satin finish. When I told the mechanic about my choice, he didn't have another copy of that catalog. That means he will not be purchasing the paint until I go there on Saturday. Hope I don't change my mind again.

Example of Graphite color:
Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-dscn0975_1.jpg
(source: SSB, Blaze, or Graphite Action Shots?)

The underbody paint work has started with rubberized paint.

Last edited by Samurai : 5th May 2010 at 15:28.
Old 5th May 2010, 19:02   #884
Team-BHP Support

Should look good, coz the original tractor willy in my CJ3B story was almost the same shade .

But are you going for dull/mat finish or glossy one? Please ensure you do a sample piece before you give a go ahead, paint on catalog, inside a can and on the body will all look different!
Old 5th May 2010, 19:10   #885
Team-BHP Support

Original idea was matte finish. But the painter pointed out that it will be a dirt magnet and will be hell to clean it. But I didn't want glossy. So I settled for Satin finish, which is not shiny, but easy to clean and maintain.

Most Viewed