Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 01:05   #121
BHPian

runs ? you should have see her getting off the sand !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan 4W73 aka 1 ton-picresized_th_1213168314_img_6530.jpg  

Nissan 4W73 aka 1 ton-picresized_th_1213168870_img_6534.jpg  

Nissan 4W73 aka 1 ton-picresized_th_img_6538.jpg  

Last edited by neoranjit : 11th June 2008 at 01:09.
neoranjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2008, 10:06   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am in awe of this contraption. from the pics it appears that it actually runs!
It flies..makes a mokery of the others off the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
runs ? you should have see her getting off the sand !!!
Nics pics mate. I owe you a KF for that: LOL
Old 11th June 2008, 10:31   #123
Senior - BHPian

Looks can be very deceiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am in awe of this contraption. from the pics it appears that it actually runs!
don't be fooled by looks, tsk1979 : this OneTon® flies over obstructions in a way that the jeeps can only dream of. There were a couple of palm trees which had been felled down, lying by the side of the beach. The OneTon® was able to run over the two logs (lying next to each other) as easily as a jeep going over a couple of speed-breakers.

Just wait till this beauty gets the required makeover : this will then be the hottest ride on TeamBHP .
Old 11th June 2008, 11:11   #124
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoa, thats a hardcore beast! I think Arka's found himself a Hummer-beater. If initial reports are anything to go by, this truck is going to walk all over Indian 4x4's (Mahindra's, Gypsies, Trax' and Jongas included).

My curiousity has gotten the better of me after seeing the beast in action, but I am unable to source any more info on the 4W73. Apparently, that 4.0 churns out 125 horses. Arka, I agree with the others. You must retain the original engine.

Interesting project vehicle. Please keep this thread updated with a progress report.
Old 11th June 2008, 12:50   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Apparently, that 4.0 churns out 125 horses. Arka, I agree with the others. You must retain the original engine.
GTO, I am the only ONE who is suggesting that he retain the petrol engine. Am glad that I do have people who share a similar view.

Arka, hope you read this and do the needful! Thanks in advance!
Old 11th June 2008, 13:06   #126
Senior - BHPian

Maybe arka should source another 1 tonner & convert that to diesel for his daily drive. Looks awesome arka. Hoping to drive it soon.
cheers
Old 11th June 2008, 15:50   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
GTO, I am the only ONE who is suggesting that he retain the petrol engine. Am glad that I do have people who share a similar view.

I was thinking along the same lines too. Arka, please keep the petrol engine and spend the money on bodywork.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:50   #128
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

Considering I am one of those nutcases running eight cylinder petrol engines for originality's sake on my vintage cars I would never ever recommend dumping that Nissan's petrol. By the way I always loved the hissing sound of that engine as it ambled through traffic. Such a smooth engine

Besides Arka I gather you have other diesel vehicles at home, so please spare the petrol on this one. Return it to like it was brand new, what a sight it would be. A real treat for enthusiasts. Infact someone posted a link of a chap in the US who restored a similar truck to original spec, looked fabulous. Do consider

PS: Its so wonderful to see so many suggest the petrol is retained, shows you guys care about machinery as much as the fun they entail

Last edited by DKG : 11th June 2008 at 15:55.
Old 11th June 2008, 18:02   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Maybe arka should source another 1 tonner & convert that to diesel for his daily drive. Looks awesome arka. Hoping to drive it soon.
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I was thinking along the same lines too. Arka, please keep the petrol engine and spend the money on bodywork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Considering I am one of those nutcases running eight cylinder petrol engines for originality's sake on my vintage cars I would never ever recommend dumping that Nissan's petrol. By the way I always loved the hissing sound of that engine as it ambled through traffic. Such a smooth engine

Besides Arka I gather you have other diesel vehicles at home, so please spare the petrol on this one. Return it to like it was brand new, what a sight it would be. A real treat for enthusiasts. Infact someone posted a link of a chap in the US who restored a similar truck to original spec, looked fabulous. Do consider

PS: Its so wonderful to see so many suggest the petrol is retained, shows you guys care about machinery as much as the fun they entail
Hi Arka, do you hear us all? Please spare / retain the petrol engine in the MW73..I seem to have gathered some support. Thanks all petrol heads!
Old 11th June 2008, 18:35   #130
Senior - BHPian

To Those of you who're supporting the petrol engine.
Each of you can send the cheque of value Rs.10,000 to 'The 2 kilometre per litre' fund.
Old 11th June 2008, 18:36   #131
Senior - BHPian

i vote to keep the petrol engine!!
Old 11th June 2008, 18:38   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Each of you can send the cheque of value Rs.10,000 to 'The 2 kilometre per litre' fund.
Nitrous,

Whats the expected FE after the conversion to diesel?
Old 11th June 2008, 19:08   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
he is not going to spend additional money on buying the diesel....he already has the Hino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

No cheques : only cash ... and the fund should be named "2 km per litre of Rs 60/- per litre PETROL" fund.
Old 11th June 2008, 21:48   #134
DKG
Senior - BHPian

When it comes to pure pleasure don't count rupees

In ten years I've never bothered to check the mileage of my VFR and I make sure I redline it everytime I ride it. Offroading is never about fuel economy. Its inherently a gas/diesel guzzling activity, so why bother. Keep it stock and everytime you go offroad just put in some fuel for that run and have a blast.

Save the Hino diesel for an offroad buggy you might want to build yourself!!
Old 11th June 2008, 22:05   #135
Senior - BHPian

Arka, please opt for a diesel Engine.

That would let the petrol be available in the bunks for a few more years for my Bullet to happily burn... hahaha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks