Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Bangalore
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2017, 09:56   #1171
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Brand new Shell bunk coming up on Dodballabpur Road opposite BMSIT college near the Sobha Althea turnoff.

The existing IOC & BP bunks are going to face some serious competition.
Any updates whether it has opened now or not? Was planning to refill and thinking If I can head that way and get it filled at this Shell.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 10:12   #1172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Any updates whether it has opened now or not? Was planning to refill and thinking If I can head that way and get it filled at this Shell.
Not yet Parag but soon I think. Dispensers are not all installed, forecourt is ready, convenience store being stocked and most signages are in place.

What is left is the unveiling of the access ramps which are still covered by construction material. Will stop by on my way home, and ask the security guards whether they are aware.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 10:32   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Yes, its applicable to all Fuel stations. But there is a catch, bank to levy Fuel surcharge @ 2.5% + GST.

Edit: Correction, 0.75% announced is applicable to PSU bunks, Some banks have extended that to private bunks also, like Axis Bank. So its upto each bank to extend it to private bunks.
Axis bank's discount comes with a catch. The swiping machine at the merchant's end should be axis bank's to be eligible for the discount.
Old 12th December 2017, 11:39   #1174
BHPian

I have been frequenting Shell bunk near Tin factory enroute hoodi for a while. They just refuse to do top up post auto cut off. I asked for reason and they simply say they dont do it. I fail to understand why, is that the case with other Shell bunks also ? If yes why so ?
Old 12th December 2017, 15:38   #1175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I have been frequenting Shell bunk near Tin factory enroute hoodi for a while.
Not the case with Shell Bellandur. Infact, they ask if they should top up after auto cut off.

I usually ask them not to.
Old 13th December 2017, 10:27   #1176
Senior - BHPian

There is a new Shell fuel station on Central Jail road / Hosa Road, between Amrita college and SJR Verity apartments - immediately after the entry gate to Owners Court layout. As with other Shell outlets I've been to, this one also delivers great service

GMaps link here:
https://goo.gl/maps/x2Ngwj3AP9M2

The cafe attached to the fuel station seems to be getting popular with the locals, as quite a few scooterists were seen filling themselves up, after filling up their rides.
silversteed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 12:29   #1177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
There is a new Shell fuel station on Central Jail road / Hosa Road, The cafe attached to the fuel station seems to be getting popular with the locals,
Thanks for letting us know. Never noticed there was space to open a petrol bunk there.

Around this area, there is an IOC bunk which is open 24/7 on Haralur road. During night there will be a crowd of yellow boards there. Hence feel fuel quality is good.

Link

The HP on Haralur road towards Sarjapur road is also descent.

Link
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 13:44   #1178
BHPian

Saw a new Shell fuel station being opened today on Sarjapur road, near Kodathi gate (after the railway overbridge when coming from city).

Approximate location: https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...6!4d77.7218889
motorsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 15:16   #1179
Senior - BHPian

I have the new Nexon Diesel. Using the HP COCO bunk on the old airport road, this is on my left when I head from Marathahalli towards MG Road. It's really well managed and the facility is vast. There is IOC a kilometre from there as well (Not sure its COCO). But my car seems to like the Diesel from BP, opposite Manipal Hospital. Engine runs smoother and the car is really peppy. That's COCO as well I was told. Should there be there any perceptible difference or am I imagining it? What's your experience on this stretch?
Old 21st December 2017, 21:16   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have the new Nexon Diesel. Using the HP COCO bunk on the old airport road, this is on my left when I head from Marathahalli towards MG Road. It's really well managed and the facility is vast. There is IOC a kilometre from there as well (Not sure its COCO). But my car seems to like the Diesel from BP, opposite Manipal Hospital. Engine runs smoother and the car is really peppy. That's COCO as well I was told. Should there be there any perceptible difference or am I imagining it? What's your experience on this stretch?
I have been using the HP COCO for more than a year now and it has been a very satisfying experience on all counts. But I have also read (I think on this same thread) that the BP opposite Manipal Hospital is an equally good one.
Though I have never tried that. Of course, as you have mentioned that seems to be true.

I would recommend that you stick with one of these two preferably and keep the IOC only as a last option.
Old 31st December 2017, 10:50   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet Parag but soon I think.
Shell now open at Nagenahalli, Dodballabpur Road near BMSIT/Sobha Althea turnoff.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Bangalore-img20171231wa0016.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 31st December 2017 at 10:56. Reason: Photo
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 11:32   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
HP bunk is coming up in Ramamurthy Nagar near ITI circle (Opp. BSNL).
Any updates on this bunk ?
Old 1st January 2018, 14:05   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Shell now open at Nagenahalli, Dodballabpur Road near BMSIT/Sobha Althea turnoff.
Thank you! I guess it opened on 29th or 30th as I was here on 30th and could see folks filling. I tanked up this morning though.

The break in the median is at the wrong place for this station making you go little ahead and make a U Turn but yes, this one will never be as crowded as the Jakkur Shell and hence I will end up using this for good now.
Old 3rd January 2018, 20:56   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Any updates on this bunk ?
It's been open for a while now.
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 15:00   #1185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Saw a new Shell fuel station being opened today on Sarjapur road, near Kodathi gate (after the railway overbridge when coming from city).
My friend checked out this bunk last month. He was informed that diesel distribution is yet to start from here. Not sure of the current situation though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks