Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2021, 20:08   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
I would strongly recommend talking to Amol from Reliable Radio. He has outlets in Chembur and Lamington Road.

Spoke to him recently regarding XAV8000 installation in my Kia Seltos. Sounded extremely genuine. Asked him regarding Damping and he was upfront in saying that - new cars have fairly good build and is there any particular reason I want to damp. He in-fact said that just because the world is doing it, doesn't mean you need to do it.

I would trust him to give only genuine advise and not oversell in any manner !
Could you please share his contact details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantuchil View Post
If one has the time(especially since we have not many places to go during weekends) can do a DIY as I did on my Creta...
I noticed that you used insulation foam, like the ones the AC guys use, does this help the heat out? AC works better/more efficiently?

Last edited by Aditya : 29th July 2021 at 10:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 28th July 2021, 20:27   #1307
BHPian

Re: The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusarrarr View Post
i noticed that you used insulation foam , like the ones the AC guys use, does this help the heat out ? AC works better / more efficient ?
It was more from Sound Insulation perspective - There was no noticeable change in AC efficiency.
Old 28th July 2021, 20:28   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
Please do not go for this -- though initially claimed as Butyl, they later admit it is tar(bitumen) based.

Many foam or butyl sheets (aluminium foil backed) are available on Amazon.
I have used one such long ago with fairly good results, but do not remember the brand. Look for one around 10mm thickness, and adhesive backed of course.
Hi there, would you mind sharing the links? Also if you're still in Howrah / Kolkata - where did you get it installed from?
Old 29th July 2021, 01:51   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
I just did damping all 4 doors and boot of my 2010 i10 Asta Automatic for about 1500 bucks. I will be providing photos and also details about the product used soon, it has really worked quite well and enhanced the quality of the doors and also made the cabin much quieter.

I understand some people spent thousands of rupees into damping either for audio or just to reduce cabin noise, I didn't want to spend more than 3K for my car excluding labour. I bought around 40 mtrs of the material for 3k and only used half of it for all four doors and boot. I have around 15-20 mtrs left and no issues in sourcing more if needed as this stuff was quite cheap around rs. 650 per 10 mtr roll [4inch width]

The reason I am posting right now is to find out what is useful? doing the roof or the floor or both or none?
where in mumbai did u get it done so cheap ? could you post some pics? interested in doing it too at a similar price if possible
cletusarrarr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 11:09   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi there, would you mind sharing the links? Also if you're still in Howrah / Kolkata - where did you get it installed from?
Well friend, I am very much there. But sharing the link will take some searching of my AMAZON.IN old orders -- I do not even remember the exact year ! And chances are that it is no longer available there ! In case I do not find it, would you mind if I searched similar items and sent you the links of the shortlist ?

As I mentioned earlier, my maids installed it for me, once I showed them how ! Having a DIY boss had turned them into amateur motor mechanics, plumbers, electricians, etc. But they have all got married and moved on, leaving me high & dry ! Am still waiting for the CORONA CRISIS to be over so that they can visit and stay for a few days to help me with pending projects, such as installing 12v outlets in second row and dickey of my Gypsy.

One can try some car decorators of Dharmatalla Street or Bhawanipore .
SnakemanJohny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 17:36   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Contact details.
Amol has given me honest advice related to audio upgrades and damping.

Amol’s contact numbers are 98216 84884 and 836-9484281

Amol has two places he operates from, Monday’s he is mostly at Lamington road store, I don’t know the Google maps location to that one.

Rest of the days he is mostly at Chembur store, I have been there.

Google maps next to Garnish
https://goo.gl/maps/hrEx9jJBdGMoMDmM6
GTsunny is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 18:27   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post
Amol has given me honest advice related to audio upgrades and damping.

Amol’s contact numbers are 98216 84884 and 836-9484281

Amol has two places he operates from, Monday’s he is mostly at Lamington road store, I don’t know the Google maps location to that one.

Rest of the days he is mostly at Chembur store, I have been there.

Google maps next to Garnish
https://goo.gl/maps/hrEx9jJBdGMoMDmM6
Could you confirm the work you have done from him in the past or any references here ? Will of course call and check with him for further details.
Old 29th July 2021, 18:52   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Work done in the past or any references.
I have met Amol around thrice at Chembur, and spoken with him over the phone around 4 times, and almost each time it was a long drawn out conversation regarding audio upgrades / damping / reverse and front camera / parking sensors / etc I wanted installed in my Honda City.

And, the funny part is that, each time for some reason or the other, my installation gets postponed.

First contacted Amol around Sep 2020 after I read about Reliable Radio on TeamBHP and, I had a long conversation over the phone about long list of queries.

Around 2 weeks post that phone call, met Amol at Chembur and discussed car related stuff for around 2 hours.

You know you get that good feeling when you speak with someone who isn’t trying to coerce you to upgrade and buy stuff just so he can make money, and also someone who gives honest practical budget friendly advice?

Very very few people out in this world aren’t out to scam you.

Also, please do check out this thread for some references.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumba...ml#post2899044 (In-car Entertainment - Reliable Radio (Lamington road & Chembur, Mumbai))

Again, there is no compulsion to call and / or meet Amol but, if you do decide to call, you could first make a list of all your queries regarding audio upgrades / damping / camera / sensors / budget / etc and, you can go through each point with Amol.
GTsunny is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 00:42   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsunny View Post
I have met Amol around thrice at Chembur, and spoken with him over the phone around 4 times, and almost each time it was a long drawn out conversation regarding audio upgrades / damping / reverse and front camera / parking sensors / etc I wanted installed in my Honda City.

And, the funny part is that, each time for some reason or the other, my installation gets postponed.

First contacted Amol around Sep 2020 after I read about Reliable Radio on TeamBHP and, I had a long conversation over the phone about long list of queries.

Around 2 weeks post that phone call, met Amol at Chembur and discussed car related stuff for around 2 hours.

You know you get that good feeling when you speak with someone who isn’t trying to coerce you to upgrade and buy stuff just so he can make money, and also someone who gives honest practical budget friendly advice?

Very very few people out in this world aren’t out to scam you.

Also, please do check out this thread for some references.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumba...ml#post2899044 (In-car Entertainment - Reliable Radio (Lamington road & Chembur, Mumbai))

Again, there is no compulsion to call and / or meet Amol but, if you do decide to call, you could first make a list of all your queries regarding audio upgrades / damping / camera / sensors / budget / etc and, you can go through each point with Amol.
Thanks , that was quite helpful. right now kinda window shopping and narrowing down what all do i actually need, will speak with him on what are my options in my budget.
cletusarrarr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 03:49   #1315
BHPian

good offer on vibromax kits ,just spotted
https://www.motorogue.in/products/sp.../vibromax.html
Old 13th August 2021, 21:18   #1316
BHPian

Hello All,

Looking for some suggestions here
Situation in hand:

I drive a 2015 Diesel Ritz VDI with ~ 55K on ODO. Recently I have been feeling engine noise and road noise has increased inside the cabin. I would say it’s more post 50K KMs.

Few thoughts to bounce:
1. Getting the floor and doors damped with these kind of products from Wurht

https://eshop.wuerth.in/Product-cate...gid/en/US/INR/

2. Getting the floor and doors damped with proper damping sheets like Blaupunkt / CTK etc
Butyl rubber + Aluminium

Any recommendation in terms of place for getting it done and approximate cost would be great.Location is East Bangalore ( Kamanahalli, Hennur road )

Last edited by BlackPearl : 13th August 2021 at 21:20. Reason: Fixed formatting. Thanks.
Old 16th August 2021, 12:03   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.R.Boruwa View Post

Any recommendation in terms of place for getting it done and approximate cost would be great.Location is East Bangalore ( Kamanahalli, Hennur road )
You can try Evo Custom in Cambridge layout, Indranagar if its not too much of a drive.

https://g.page/EVOCustomCar?share
prashantuchil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 15:05   #1318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.R.Boruwa View Post
Hello All,

I drive a 2015 Diesel Ritz VDI with ~ 55K on ODO. Recently I have been feeling engine noise and road noise has increased inside the cabin. I would say it’s more post 50K KMs.
Check why the engine noise has increased, if the engine was not so noisy earlier. Maybe you are using a wrong grade of engine oil?

Check Engine and gearbox mounts. Replace if worn out. They do not cost much.

Damping the doors will have good improvement in NVH. Damping the floors is not a good idea since the fit and finish of the OEM carpet will not be OK due to increased thickness. Besides, the whole interiors - Seats, Center console etc have to be removed. The improvement with damping the floors will be marginal.
sagarpadaki is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 21:42   #1319
BHPian

Further to #310 of 29 July, I post a picture of my Gypsy firewall and inside of bonnet insulated with a product currently unavailable on AMAZON.IN. This was butyl foam with aluminum foil backing, self adhesive. But similar items are still there.

Due to laziness, I did not photograph the floor, which has also been treated. Just did not want to remove the carpet and refit it !

The entire job was done by three homemakers, in 2018.
Attached Thumbnails
The Damping Material and Sound Deadener Thread-insu1a.jpg  

SnakemanJohny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 22:35   #1320
BHPian

How much should CTK silver cost per sheet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks