Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2023, 01:37   #4276

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

The video quality of most budget dashcam are more or less the same for a given resolution.
The pricing varies widely though based on the 'features' bundled.

The dilemma for a new buyer is:
Go for a reliable dashcam with above average app like the viofo A119 mini or A129 which retail 40% higher than is USA prices, OR
Go with the ddpai mola or Z40 with poor app and less long term reliability.

Guess the personal budget is a big deciding factor.
For a dual cam setup excluding SD price (1.2k for 128GB), viofo A129 costs 18.5k + 2k cpl filter.
Whereas ddpai Z40 costs 11k + 1k cpl filter.
A 66% difference! Is it worth it?

Importing from USA from you friends/family would be a good option but warranty claims will be a challenge.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th February 2023 at 08:53. Reason: Typo
shri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 13:24   #4277

Hello, Confused between DDPAI Z40 DUAL and 70MAI A500S*PRO*PLUS+ Dual. Both have similar specs / price and reviews. Could not find any perciptible difference between the two. Could anyone point me if they have any difference. Only thing is, A500S has ADAS which I think is not required/useless in India. Both have parking monitoring. which 1 would be better, if at all ! Thanks very much.
Ashutosh30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 15:05   #4278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutosh30 View Post
Hello, Confused between DDPAI Z40 DUAL and 70MAI A500S*PRO*PLUS+ Dual. Both have similar specs / price and reviews. Could not find any perciptible difference between the two. Could anyone point me if they have any difference. Only thing is, A500S has ADAS which I think is not required/useless in India. Both have parking monitoring. which 1 would be better, if at all ! Thanks very much.
One difference is 70mai uses battery, where as DDPai uses super capacitor (arguably safer).

70mai CPL filter is user installable, ddpai Z40 CPL filter needs to be installed by nexdigitron authorized seller.

70mai app is stable, where as I heard lots of complaints for ddpai.

70mai lens are polycarbonate where as ddpai uses glass. Side by side video comparison does not give any difference though.

Rest of the things should be same.

I use 70mai Pro Plus+ (A500s). Using it for 2 years now, no issues faced in various driving conditions and climate.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 21st February 2023 at 15:07.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 20:20   #4279

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
Has anyone tried Wolfbox? I'm looking for a 3 channel dvr, and Viofo with all its accessories is very expensive.
Hi..I too have the same question.

I have a 8 year old Ertiga which has done 23K Kms and I rarely drive my car and most of the time it is idling. Normally I dont cover it and its under full sun during day time and hence I do not want any dashcam where I have to use an adhesive as the car gets super hot while parked and hence any thing fixed by a gum comes off. In the past 8 years I have had many a mobile holder come off the dash due to the car being uncovered in hot sun while parked.

Today I was googling for some decent dashcams and while I dont mind going for the 4-5K brands including QUbo by hero which has 4 stars, few of the youtube reviews including reviews on Amazon US website recommends the WOLFBOX 900 for around 20K.

While this is above my imagined budget, given I havent really spent much on my car, do not mind. THe main advantage of this model is that we do not need to use any gum to fix.

Hence any advice from experts here whether I should go for this particular dashcam or any other alternate brands/models would be welcome - preferably ones which do not use any gum/adhesive.

I live in Bangalore and hence do let me know if its better to buy from a shop or from Amazon.

Many thanks in advance for your help!!!
Old 26th February 2023, 01:34   #4280
BANNED

Its been 3 months I purchased Qubo Dashcam Pro with GPS and overall its working good.
Pros:
1. HD quality. Can read number plates clearly in day and night
2. Sleek design
3. Good 2 sided tape holding firmly even in hot sunlight
4. Good App named Qubo pro with many features
5. External wiring easy to fix
Cons:
1. 4k one is expensive
2. Can download only 1 min video directly from app else you need to copy it from SD Card

My video review:
ashu0510 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 17:43   #4281

1) What would be the practical advantages of buying a unit with the GPS instead of the one without GPS?

2) Qubo seems to be gaining popularity, anyone else using this dash camera apart from the above bhpian?
chaitanyaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 21:23   #4282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyaa View Post
1) What would be the practical advantages of buying a unit with the GPS instead of the one without GPS?
Couple of things actually :since GPS records your coordinates and speed.

- GPS tagging helps to prove your location and speed in case of any dispute during any untoward event. It may give more genuinely to any claim related to these things.

- It could also be used to record your trip (on the dashcam app) just like in any GPS tracking device.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 27th February 2023 at 21:24.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 06:57   #4283
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

For those with a dashcam which does not have wifi to connect to your phone, how do you show a video to a cop if required?
Old 4th March 2023, 14:04   #4284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyaa View Post

2) Qubo seems to be gaining popularity, anyone else using this dash camera apart from the above bhpian?
I am using Qubo dashcam for the last 3 months - got it on Amazon. I took the GPS version and it is bang for the buck. App is pretty responsive in ios., able to seamlessly connect to dashcam for viewing videos. I dont see any major negatives and I would recommend.

Also, now 4k dashcam & rear canera is also available in Qubo.
concorde24 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 14:34   #4285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
I am using Qubo dashcam for the last 3 months - got it on Amazon. I took the GPS version and it is bang for the buck. App is pretty responsive in ios., able to seamlessly connect to dashcam for viewing videos. I dont see any major negatives and I would recommend.

Also, now 4k dashcam & rear canera is also available in Qubo.
Absolutely! I echo the same sentiments. Using more than 6 months. Gets done what is expected to. My quick video of pros and cons.

ashu0510 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 20:14   #4286
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

There are so many incidents these days of muggings and wanton damage etc. There was one reported recently in Sarjapur Road. And one more a day or two back at MICO Layout.
It is therefore very sensible to fit a dash cam to all one’s vehicles.
Ive put a compact 70 Mai with display screen on my Thar. Right from Day 1. Had it fitted prior to taking delivery. And I've put a mini-compact DDPai without display screen on each of the other cars, the Cooper and the Gypsy. In all of these I have put an additional 128GB memory card and the recording is on endless loop. When the card becomes full it just erases and records over.
I m going to put a similar DDPai with memory card on my Dads car too. These aren’t hard wired and therefore not always on. However all of them have that ‘Parking Incident’ mode and will start an emergency recording session in case of an impact when the vehicle is stationary. Provided of course there is enough charge in the in built battery.
In these days of increasing bad behaviour and general lawlessness and impatience, I think a dashcam is an absokute necessity. So much so that perhaps it is about time that all OEM manufacturers ought to consider providing in built dash cam devices in all of their vehicles.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 20:25   #4287
BHPian

I'm looking to get the Qubo dashcam but worried about the installation. How is everyone getting their dashcam installed?
Old 4th March 2023, 20:41   #4288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
In these days of increasing bad behaviour and general lawlessness and impatience, I think a dashcam is an absokute necessity. So much so that perhaps it is about time that all OEM manufacturers ought to consider providing in built dash cam devices in all of their vehicles.
In Bangalore off late I have seen a lot of cars with Dashcams during my everyday commute. The circulation of these posts on social media have raised a general awareness among people on the use of dashcams and I see a lot of people opting for it. Just today I bumped into someone I know on the road and a dentist and he too had got one in his car. Hopefully the result of this would be increased awareness among people not to get into a rage.
Old 4th March 2023, 20:42   #4289
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSpymaster View Post
I'm looking to get the Qubo dashcam but worried about the installation. How is everyone getting their dashcam installed?
The local car accessories shops ought to be able to install these easily.
At least, this has been my experience here in Bangalore.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 09:42   #4290
BHPian

What to look for while buying a Dash Cam

I understand there is already a post on Dashcams. But that started many years ago and technology has come a long way since then and the latest messages do not answer my query (they do discuss different dashcam brands but that does not help). Mods please delete if this is still redundant.

I am looking to buy a Dashcam for my Skoda Rapid and I want to understand what all factors should I look for while buying one.

1. What all should one look for while searching for a decent Dashcam. Resolution? Battery type? One that can be hardwired?
2. The Skoda dealer offered only a DVR. Is that good enough? He did not explain the difference between that and a dashcam.
3. How many hours of storage offerred is enough?
sen2693 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks