Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2008, 16:38   #166
Senior - BHPian

touchscreen kit is costing 30 pounds in uk through linITX.com. asked my relative to get it if possible.
the motherboard cost me Rs10050. jetway NC62K LF.
Old 3rd August 2008, 18:08   #167
Senior - BHPian

My Dell D600 laptop just died after years of loyal service. Now I am in the process of canninbalizing the parts from the laptop for my car PC.

However, the only thing that is reusable (apart from the HDD) is the slimline DVD drive. We can get USB enclosures for these drives overseas (USB 2.0 Slim Enclosure Case For Laptop CD-RW DVD Burner - eBay (item 110275212963 end time Aug-03-08 12:19:52 PDT) )

Any idea if we can get the enclosures here in India? Whats the cost?

Last edited by spadival : 3rd August 2008 at 18:11.
Old 3rd August 2008, 18:55   #168
BHPian

@spadival: You can try Wholesale computer hardware supplier & store - computer networking hardware. You can lookup their phone number from their site and try calling them up. They may have some kind of enclosure that you can use.
Old 3rd August 2008, 22:11   #169
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, for the info gigy.
Old 4th August 2008, 11:31   #170
Senior - BHPian

spadival,
deltapages has got it i think for Rs900 but it is not mentioned whether slim or regular. you can contact them for more info. have a look at their site.
Tech / Zipy CDROM / RW USB 2.0 900

Last edited by gigy : 4th August 2008 at 11:32.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:14   #171
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev,

Think about using a standmounted screen ontop of the center console instead of doing all the cut/paste with the center console. RDOVERSEAS has such monitors/screens. I'm sure there will be other brands which offer either stands only or screens with stands.

You will not be able to shift the HVAC controls since one is electric and the other mechanical ( temp control ). Your option 1 is way too low for effective use.

Other Gurus on the forum:
Can we have a recommended config sticky thread, which gives the best configs for a CarPC ? categorized by budget and/or features ?

thanks
Srini
Old 4th August 2008, 12:30   #172
Senior - BHPian

@gigy, where did you source the Jetway miniITx board from?
Old 4th August 2008, 14:49   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Harjeev,

Think about using a standmounted screen ontop of the center console instead of doing all the cut/paste with the center console. RDOVERSEAS has such monitors/screens. I'm sure there will be other brands which offer either stands only or screens with stands.

You will not be able to shift the HVAC controls since one is electric and the other mechanical ( temp control ). Your option 1 is way too low for effective use.

Other Gurus on the forum:
Can we have a recommended config sticky thread, which gives the best configs for a CarPC ? categorized by budget and/or features ?

thanks
Srini
I too am thinking of the same thing. I had a talk with the service advisor at TATA and he told me that the cost of the center console is 4500 bucks.
Further he said that it wouldnt be easy shifting all the controls down and will definitely void the warranty.

So I have the option to either mount in in lieu of the stereo console (after removing the ash tray and the lighter) or on the RVM. I am still weighing my options though.
Old 4th August 2008, 15:04   #174
Senior - BHPian

With the recent news about Delhi Police cracking down on in car DVD players on front console, I think it would be a good option to get a 1DIN retractable LCD screen.

Stand mounted one will probably get you into trouble with the Delhi police since it will be easily visible.

PS: I have ordered the slimline case off ebay.com.au (Laptop CD/DVD-Rom To USB 2.0 External Outdoor Slim Case - eBay Cases, Enclosures, Accessories, Storage, Drives, Disks, Computers. (end time 10-Aug-08 20:55:00 AEST) ). Seems its a hard to find item in India.

Last edited by spadival : 4th August 2008 at 15:10.
Old 4th August 2008, 15:08   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
So I have the option to either mount in in lieu of the stereo console (after removing the ash tray and the lighter) or on the RVM. I am still weighing my options though.
RVM may not be an ideal spot. You may want to look at something like this:
iRide Technologies

The screen comes with a dashboard mount bracket, which can sit comfortably on the dash above the center console. else a windscreen suction mount, similar to that used for GPS handphones, would be a good option IMO.

Also all necvox screens come with optional on-dash stand which should be easily sourced.

Ideally I'd like to use a pop-up screen that can sit ontop of the dashboard.

cheers!
Old 4th August 2008, 22:55   #176
Senior - BHPian

DerAlte,
got the motherboard through a guy of techenclave.
Old 6th August 2008, 15:53   #177
BHPian

About the safari dash, since the center console seems so hard to fiddle with, I was looking at ways others had done there installs and found this. But in this particular setup the screen was mounted in the sunglass holder, which the safari doesn't have. Is this set up possible by shifting the lights a little further.
Attached Thumbnails
The CarPC / Carputer Thread-028.jpg  

Old 6th August 2008, 16:50   #178
Senior - BHPian

Some of the clip on monitors used with a rear view camera also have inputs for Video. Can these be used for stuff like a carPC monitor, combined with a wireless keyboard/mouse/ MMI ?
Old 6th August 2008, 17:36   #179
Senior - BHPian

vga output can be converted to RC video and given to such devices provided the screen resolutions can be mated. is the rear view display big enough to be readable?
you can also get a roof mounted touchscreen like one in linITX.

Get IRV-700M indash monitor from iride. it will solve most of the issues you have. non motorized touch screen with fm and 4 channel amplifier built in for 20k. the only drawback is it dosen't have 4.1 pre outs for amplifier, else will look neat in safari.

Another option which i want advice is can a regular double din plaver like jvc avx700 or 800 series be opened up and the touchscreen output tapped to make it work with pc? somewhere somebody has done this with a double din alpine, i dont recollect.
alpine is too costly to open it up but can do it with the jvc unit.

can you all advise where else can i install the cpu in baleno since the motherboard in mini itx now?
i am avoiding boot due lpg kit there.
the amplifier is already below driver seat.
To put it front of EEC i have to remove the glove box.
another location is on the plastic panel below steering.
if i stay with normal screen can try behind the default head unit area.
Attached Thumbnails
The CarPC / Carputer Thread-linitx_10.2__roof_mount_monitor_with_touchscreen_main.jpg  

Last edited by gigy : 6th August 2008 at 17:43.
Old 6th August 2008, 18:02   #180
BHPian

Won't a flip down screen block the RVM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks