Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2008, 12:54   #226
BANNED

guys.. any updates on the OBD scanner?
Old 18th November 2008, 11:54   #227
Senior - BHPian

Spadival,
Are you still with baleno if not whats the new car? were you successful in getting the data on to CF? will the cable from iride work out of the box, i will take some time to get back on car due exams. meanwhile got a usb radio but its not working. dont have time to research on it as of now.
monty9991, are you getting the cable made?
Old 20th November 2008, 14:48   #228
BANNED

well i have no idea to where to start .. just confused, but i really want to do this.
Old 20th November 2008, 15:04   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Spadival,
Are you still with baleno if not whats the new car? were you successful in getting the data on to CF? will the cable from iride work out of the box
Still with Baleno. I am not getting the data onto CF. Currently, its only raw data that I am able to see on a com port monitoring software. Somebody would still need to code some software to request data and display it in human readable format.

Cable from iRide will NOT work at all. I bought this cable from a US website. Very expensive - But I bought it at a time when USD-INR exchange rate was a bit more favorable. If you know your electronics, you can probably DIY the cable yourself.
Old 20th November 2008, 16:07   #230
Senior - BHPian

that particular cable looks like its only wires and no electronic components in it. is it so? then its not a problem in making it. can also use bare pins for trial. as mentioned in the site did you get many free softwares along with it?
Old 20th November 2008, 16:24   #231
BANNED

well in an alot there are only 3 wires on the OBDII connector i.e. +ve, -ve and communication as mentioned earlier. so i guess i need only one wire from the OBDII port to the serial port connector as i dont need -ve and +ve for the pc.
now, on which pin does that comm. wire goes on serial port as there are nine pins on it.
how about baleno, is it the same 3 wire OBD II connector?
Old 21st November 2008, 13:39   #232
Senior - BHPian

The connector on the Baleno has 16 pins instead of 9 that you have mentioned for Alto. So while the physical connector is OBDII compliant, the protocol and the wiring is not, because there are only 3 wires - connected to PIN 9 (data link), PIN 5 (GND) and PIN 16 (12V).

There are wiring diagrams on the web on how to build your DIY cable. But you should ensure that the signalling voltage and the baud rate required by the ECU is supported by your cable. All this was a bit beyond my current knowledge of electronics and so I decided not to fry my ECU with my half baked knowledge .
Old 21st November 2008, 17:00   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
The connector on the Baleno has 16 pins instead of 9 that you have mentioned for Alto. So while the physical connector is OBDII compliant, the protocol and the wiring is not, because there are only 3 wires - connected to PIN 9 (data link), PIN 5 (GND) and PIN 16 (12V).

There are wiring diagrams on the web on how to build your DIY cable. But you should ensure that the signalling voltage and the baud rate required by the ECU is supported by your cable. All this was a bit beyond my current knowledge of electronics and so I decided not to fry my ECU with my half baked knowledge .
and now at the end of the day we dont know what baud rare is required:(
hope we get up with something soon..
Old 24th November 2008, 17:44   #234
BANNED

guys i just found out that ALTO's ECU supports ISO or KWP protocol.
source :- OBD-II Hardware

so do i need to buy a scanner that supporys ISO snd KWP protocol?

edit: i have pin number 5,7,and 16 pinouts on the OBDII port

Last edited by monty9991 : 24th November 2008 at 17:45.
Old 25th November 2008, 18:09   #235
Senior - BHPian

got this usb fm but still figuring out how it works. the software which can with it is useless. keeps crashing in xp and vista while setting ststions. anyone used this before. can you recommend any other software or driver for centerfuse.
Attached Thumbnails
The CarPC / Carputer Thread-001.jpg  

Old 26th November 2008, 21:42   #236
BANNED

no idea about this but i wish we had satellite radio in India for cars.
Old 28th November 2008, 11:44   #237
Senior - BHPian

Gigy, I had the same radio - PCear. I was able it get it to work on my laptop. Afraid there is no other software other than one provided. Funny, the software was pretty stable. Somebody was working on a driver for Roadrunner (not Centrafuse). If you search for PCear on mp3car.com, you should be able to find the thread.

Only problem I had was that installing it in the car didn't work out. The antenna is not good enough and there is too much interference from the LCD screen and I am not able to catch any station. Even the car's Head Unit's radio reception is better with the LCD switched off. I tried putting some DIY aluminium foil (as suggested on mp3car.com) behind the LCD screen to prevent the interference, but no use. So I just switch off the LCD if I need to listen to the radio

Last edited by spadival : 28th November 2008 at 11:45.
Old 30th November 2008, 17:06   #238
Senior - BHPian

I lost the setup file for IRV-070BY VGA Touchscreen from iride. had to format the carputer today and then realized the cd is not traceable. if anyone has a copy of it please mail me at gigykarunan at rediffmail.com
Old 30th November 2008, 20:25   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I lost the setup file for IRV-070BY VGA Touchscreen from iride. had to format the carputer today and then realized the cd is not traceable. if anyone has a copy of it please mail me at gigykarunan at rediffmail.com

Yup i have one saved in my computer will send it tomorrow as it's a 16 mb file and my home computer has a slow connection
Old 30th November 2008, 23:29   #240
Senior - BHPian

thank you very much for the file

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks