Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2008, 13:42   #211
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I have painted it all matt black including the trim around the speedometer gauges. now car has gone back to stock colour.
might be looking kool. pics plz
Old 27th October 2008, 23:17   #212
Senior - BHPian

the picture of all blacked out
Attached Thumbnails
The CarPC / Carputer Thread-img_4201.jpg  

Old 28th October 2008, 11:04   #213
BHPian

looks good gigy. can you take a night shot ( without the flash ) with the dashboard lights turned on.

and what's the red button on the steering for ?
Old 31st October 2008, 23:25   #214
Senior - BHPian

shldn,
red button is additional horn switch. night pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
The CarPC / Carputer Thread-img_4256.jpg  

The CarPC / Carputer Thread-img_4257.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2008, 14:18   #215
BANNED

looks neat setup. now its turn for engine diagnose setup.
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:50   #216
Senior - BHPian

Fab fabrication and the matte black console looks good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
looks neat setup. now its turn for engine diagnose setup.
Just 2 days back, I was able to communicate with the Baleno ECU using a terminal program that sends and receives data over com port to the ECU via an ALDL USB to Serial cable at 7812 baud. Been trying it for months now without any success. It now seems the baud rate was the culprit. Now I have less than a month before I sell the car :(.

Of course, All the pain staking work of decoding the Suzuki ECU protocol was done by Rhinoman. You can see all the details on his website http://www.btinternet.com/~j_holland/pages/diag.html and on redlinegti.com • View topic - Baleno OEM ECU

Gigy, Its probably worthwhile for you to hook up your Baleno ECU to the CarPC. Since you are into DIY, its pretty easy to fabricate a DIY ALDL cable. There are instructions available online for doing it.

Last edited by spadival : 3rd November 2008 at 14:52.
Old 6th November 2008, 08:55   #217
BANNED

can alto's ECU also hooked up with the carpc?
Old 6th November 2008, 10:59   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
can alto's ECU also hooked up with the carpc?
You will have to find whats the ECU on your car? The ECU is probably located behind the glove box. Also, find out where is the diag port. From the pin configuration on the diag port, you can find out whether the ECU is OBD I or OBD II compliant.
Old 6th November 2008, 13:18   #219
BANNED

i will check about what ECU is in there. but i knwo its OBD II connector with 3 wires in it. one +ve other -ve and 3rd one probably for communication.
but i think even the maruti guys dont have any scanner to the maruti cars, not sure.
Old 6th November 2008, 16:17   #220
Senior - BHPian

3 wires means its sure shot OBD1.5 - i.e. OBD I protocol with a physical 12 pin OBDII connector.

I would expect the ECU to be a Denso make. If so, then the protocol should be similar to the one for Baleno as most pre-OBDII Suzuki ECU's in different Suzuki vehicles seem to have the same protocol.

Scanner is available with most Maruti dealers - Its called Tech II and cost is supposed to be in the region of Rs 1.5 lakhs ONLY . If you can get a friendly neighbourhood Maruti dealer to hook up the TechII and find out the tx/rx data stream, nothing like it
Old 7th November 2008, 12:20   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
find out the tx/rx data stream, nothing like it
whats about that? i might be able to get some info on it as my friend has maruti authorised service center.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:43   #222
Senior - BHPian

First, you have to find the baud rate at which transmission takes place for the particular ECU. So far, its been found that Suzuki ECU's transmission rate thru the serial diagnostic link is either 7812 baud (Suzuki Baleno,Escudo) or 15625 baud (Suzuki Jimney).

Just read thru the links I have posted earlier. You will get a fair understanding of whats going on. Since the protocol is not published, If there is a way to spy on what data gets exchanged between the Tech II and the ECU, we get a better understanding of the protocol - i.e. what bytes of data are transmitted from Tech II and what are the response bytes from the ECU. This is the easier way of finding out the protocol. The really hard way is by decoding the binary/assembly program stored on the ECU ROM itself, like the way rhinoman is doing it!!

Last edited by spadival : 7th November 2008 at 12:52.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:24   #223
BANNED

Quote:
First, you have to find the baud rate ..................!!

pheewwwww, it looks kind of hard. anyways ill go thru the links and see where i stand.
Old 7th November 2008, 15:43   #224
Senior - BHPian

It helps if you have some Computer/electronics background and haven't forgotten the stuff we learn in Engg college.

Baud is a bit like your broadband speeds - kbps/mbps. Basically tells you how fast is the ECU receiving/transmitting data on the diagnostic line. If you send data at the wrong baud rate, the ECU simply doesnt respond.
Old 7th November 2008, 22:38   #225
BANNED

Quote:
It helps if you have some Computer/electronics background and haven't forgotten the stuff we learn in Engg college.

Baud is a bit like your broadband speeds - kbps/mbps. Basically tells you how fast is the ECU receiving/transmitting data on the diagnostic line. If you send data at the wrong baud rate, the ECU simply doesnt respond.
thanks for the info on Baud. well i am little good at computers but not that good in electronics. and i never went to Engg College. lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks