Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 11:19   #6961
Senior - BHPian

Viddy boy can check in a friend's Innova & get back to you by evening. But, one thing is for sure, it does come with a Cassette player & speakers as standard. His is the G version too, was roaming around in it last night.
Old 5th September 2007, 11:21   #6962

Hey... I want to upgrade my music system... and needed advice ...... My current cofiguration is 2 JBL 12'' woofers ....a set of 460 watts rear speakers(pioneer)... a set of blaupunkt front speakers (150) watts Pioneer main unit max. upto 60 watts(DEH-p1y). A SANEN audio box ..... 1 pioneer 911 amp for woo0fers.... & 1 sony X-plode 800 watts amp for speakers.... {My bud-: Rs.50,000 - 75,000}
Old 5th September 2007, 11:27   #6963
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
..it does come with a Cassette player & speakers as standard.
Cassette player? in this day and age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryaan View Post
...... My current cofiguration is 2 JBL 12'' woofers ....a set of 460 watts rear speakers(pioneer)... a set of blaupunkt front speakers (150) watts Pioneer main unit max. upto 60 watts(DEH-p1y). A SANEN audio box ..... 1 pioneer 911 amp for woo0fers.... & 1 sony X-plode 800 watts amp for speakers.... {My bud-: Rs.50,000 - 75,000}
You can retain the DEH P1Y and the JBL subs (if they are good). I have heard of the 924 and 944 amps but not the 911 amp please confirm the model number of the Pio amp.

dump the sony Xplod woofer, blau front speakers, and pio rear speakers. What does teh Sanen audio box do? last I heard Sanen only sells speaker cabinets.
Old 5th September 2007, 11:31   #6964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Viddy boy can check in a friend's Innova & get back to you by evening. But, one thing is for sure, it does come with a Cassette player & speakers as standard. His is the G version too, was roaming around in it last night.
I agree, the HU is not ACD/MP3/WMA, it is just a cassette player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hmm, the toyota website says no audio system for the G4 but says has 4 speakers for the G4 compared to the 6 speakers for the V.
You will have to verify the speakers as iraghava mentioned.

Quote:
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) has launched a variant of Innova, G4, which will have additional features.

"We have noticed that a large number of customers asked for double AC and a high-technology music system. We have provided them in the new variant," said Mr T. Ino, Director-Marketing, TKM.
The Hindu Business Line : Toyota launches Innova variant

The high-technology part is a little funny though, considering the fact that it is only a cassette player.

Toyota Innova - Toyota Innova Car India - Toyota Innova Features & Specifications

Toyota Innova,Toyota Innova Reviews,Toyota Innova Diesel,Toyota Innova Car,Toyota Motors
Old 5th September 2007, 13:38   #6965
Team-BHP Support

Confirmed that the G4 does not have a HU just 4 speakers. Went down to the toyota showroom and took a look at the G4 there.

The single DIN cassette HU stopped in Nov 2006.
Old 5th September 2007, 13:58   #6966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Confirmed that the G4 does not have a HU just 4 speakers. Went down to the toyota showroom and took a look at the G4 there.

The single DIN cassette HU stopped in Nov 2006.
Awrity then, much better than having a tape HU, they would have charged a bomb for that.

Quote:
but does the G4 come with 4 speakers at all? My uncle will thrash me if i get speakers and there are already speakers.
What about the speakers now? Are there actually 4 speakers? Or do you want to upgrade them?

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 5th September 2007 at 14:02.
Old 5th September 2007, 17:26   #6967
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
What about the speakers now? Are there actually 4 speakers? Or do you want to upgrade them?
Nope I won't take the speakers then. The OE ones should suffice for my uncle. He isn't looking at much.
Old 5th September 2007, 18:27   #6968
BHPian

Guys,
Where in India can I source the Second Skin car audio dampening material. If anyone know a place in Chennai even better and also the cost of the same please. For front doors of a Lancer and an Alto.
Old 6th September 2007, 13:47   #6969

hi guys,
got a blaupunkt headunit for my car a couple of months ago.
its the memphis 66.
it is unable to detect a 80 gb usb hard drive.
need some help.
thanks in advance.
caio.
Old 6th September 2007, 15:03   #6970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infected View Post
hi its the memphis 66.
- Which make HDD?
- Does it not recognize USB insertion at all?
- What message does the HU show?
- What capacity of HDD does the Memphis MP66 User Manual state is the max it can handle?
- Did you try the HDD with any other HU? The dealer should be able to help you there
Old 6th September 2007, 21:20   #6971
BHPian

hi friends

i needed some help to improve the sound quality of the ICE of my optra. it has the stock 4 speaker setup in it alongwith the single din blaupunkt cassette player and speakers. im not much interested in changing my HU but just want to improve the sound quality. what should I do? will buying an amplifier help or will i have to buy a new amp. alongwith new speakers or subwoofer. actually I am very short on budget. i posted this thread mainly to know whether just buying the amp and connecting it to the stock speakers do any good to the overall sound and before that one more Question.. [can i even connect my speakers directly to the amp .. .. i don't even have the exact speaker no., i just remember that they were some kind of paper cone speakers ]
Old 7th September 2007, 00:20   #6972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infected View Post
hi guys,
got a blaupunkt headunit for my car a couple of months ago.
its the memphis 66.
need some help.
thanks in advance.
caio.
A USB hard drive won't be detected by headunits as it needs a lot of power to spin up. Way more than what a head unit can supply thru its USB port. Try USB sticks.
Old 7th September 2007, 00:58   #6973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
A USB hard drive won't be detected by headunits as it needs a lot of power to spin up. Way more than what a head unit can supply thru its USB port. Try USB sticks.
Do they detect a memory card reader device as it does not require more power?

On my PC, I had to install a driver provided in the disk alongwith the reader to use the card reader. It did not work with out the driver. Will this be a concern?
Old 7th September 2007, 01:34   #6974
Senior - BHPian

A card reader might work but no guarantee.
Old 7th September 2007, 09:24   #6975
Senior - BHPian

are there any cons to installing the woofer on the rear parcel shelf rather than a sealed box, since this would free up some boot space ? just curious

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks