Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2007, 08:10   #5461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
So ... I am going to check for loose connections at the HU end. Will update you after checking this out.
Thats probably the issue right there. Loose/Faulty wiring or RCA's. Was insulation tape used to secure any of the wiring?
Old 8th March 2007, 12:39   #5462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsun View Post
I had another observation. It starts working when I just give a push on the dash board component, which mounts the HU and goes off when the car comes across few .
if this is true shoot your installer. It was a bad install.
Old 8th March 2007, 14:42   #5463
BHPian

Its better u check with ur installer than doin trial and error ...check on soon or the problem may rise up and ur speaker will get spoiled.
Old 8th March 2007, 16:41   #5464
BHPian

It was the bulky connector cap of the RCA Cable on the HU end, which prevented the connector from being plugged in fully. I have loosened the connector cap little bit and got the connector plugged in securely and the problem got resolved.

As you people suggest, I'm going to take it with the installer.

Thank you all for your inputs.
Old 11th March 2007, 13:20   #5465
BHPian

Spent the past few days going through the posts in the ICE section and found the answers to many of my as yet un-asked questions. So there go my chances of a quick promotion from newbie to BHPian.
Have also been searching the net and visiting local dealers for a VFM sub in a sealed enclosure as well as a 4-channel amp. I would appreciate comments from members re the Helix Deep Blue 10S sub which retails for 7K & the Alpine MRP-F450 amp which sells for 13.5K.
Afraid to buy a component sub as I don’t know anyone in Kolkata, who would make a custom box.
Thanks.
Old 11th March 2007, 15:53   #5466
BHPian

A question re crossovers.
Active crossovers do their filtering before amplification. So HU crossovers are active, right?
Passive crosovers do their filtering after amplification. So the crossovers that come with component speakers are passive, right?
What about the crossovers that are in the amp, are they active or passive?
And what on earth are F-mods?
Thanks.
Old 12th March 2007, 10:04   #5467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Helix Deep Blue 10S sub which retails for 7K
Alpine MRP-F450 amp which sells for 13.5K.
The Helix woofer in a box is reasonable. I have not compared it to a Pioneer or JBL (which sell in the same or lesser price bands) but in a small car like a Swift or Getz I would not feel too bad using it. It is a good cheap woofer common in parts of Germany (Essen, Dortmund, etc..). I did not know it was available in India.

The Alpine amp (if it is the 4 ch. one) is above average but at that price the JBL 75.4 might be more VFM. The 5 ch. one also called the 450 but with slightly different prefix in the model number is a nicer amp and great value at 13.5K. THe 5ch. amp is designed to drive a sub and 4 speakers and makes for a very simple install.

you are right about active and passive XOs. however active XO are also those that requie power. Most amplifers have active XOs as the compoents requried for a active XO are smaller THey work at lower voltage levels) and cheaper.

F-Mods are Passive Line Level XOs. Unlike Active XOs they do NOT require power. Like Active XOs they are degined to drive high impedance loads (about 10-20 kohms) instead of low impedance loads (1-32 ohms).

Each XO has it's advantages and disvantages. THat however is a long story for another thread (ICE Glossary).

there might be more info on this in the Glossary Thread. If you cant find that thread donot worry. TBHP's "Chief Googler" (aka Low Bass Maker, aka LBM) will be here shortly and post the requiste link. :-) LOL (LBM, Sorry about that cheap shot, I appologise in advance).
Old 12th March 2007, 15:04   #5468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
there might be more info on this in the Glossary Thread. If you cant find that thread donot worry. TBHP's "Chief Googler" (aka Low Bass Maker, aka LBM) will be here shortly and post the requiste link. :-) LOL (LBM, Sorry about that cheap shot, I appologise in advance).
no problem sir....

Glossary-ice-terminology

here you go sir...............
Old 13th March 2007, 09:45   #5469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
no problem sir....here you go sir...............
Thanks LBM and please there is no need to call me "sir" or are you pulling my leg! if so that was very subtle! LOL.

SIR = Silly (should be) Institutionalised Relic.
Old 13th March 2007, 10:30   #5470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
SIR = Silly (should be) Institutionalised Relic.
That's quite an apt description of you Navin
Old 13th March 2007, 12:50   #5471
BHPian

Help needed for car audio set up

Dear audio gurus (Navin,Sam,Vivek,Low Bass Makker & others whose name I have the temerity to miss out)..At the risk of being shouted at.. can I humbly request for advise on the car audio stuff that I should be buying. Just to let you know guys,I am buying an NHC (exi) (after slogging for the entire last year have managed to save "khoon paseena ki kamai" from Delhi later this week & hence needs advise asap.

Just to share my recent car audio buys : I have recently (2 months ago to be precise from Lajpat Ngr,Delhi) changed the audio system of my Opel Corsa (as the previous blaupunkt HU,front & rear spkrs were bad :-() .Bought Pioneer HU ,rear speakers (7" x 10" Kenwood speakers - I checked out 2/3 speakers the dealer had in his shop & the kenwood had more clarity & depth..) & Sony standard front spkrs . Now I do not seem to get any sound from front spkrs (palced near the ankle on the left & right front doors of Opel) & only sound that seems to coming from rear speakers (sound quality seems to be good esp.when I play 70s,80s rock music than the hip hop,techno stuff that plays on the FM..) What seems to be the problem here..Haven't gone for an amp as yet.

For my NHC I would welcome suggestions for the audio set up,amp et all..Pls let me know what all I can include & a decent shop in Delhi where I can get it all done..without too much of ado & space sacrifice in the boot & probable moolah to be spent. ( Btw, i recall Sam mentioning Elegant in Lajpat Ngr in the previous posting on this "must read" audio thread..)

I am just getting around the view that best audio is for home and have taken the time to go thru some of the previous postings on this thread.Gues,education is ongoing process & with gurus as great as any I have come across,its going to be fun!

Thanks so much for hearing out my beginner dig/ amateurish attempt at car audio guys..

Last edited by aah78 : 14th March 2007 at 00:12. Reason: please limit smileys to 2 per post
Old 13th March 2007, 13:30   #5472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
Dear audio gurus
Thanks so much for hearing out my beginner dig/ amateurish attempt at car audio guys..
a) we have a MAX 2 smiley rule
b) You had a Corsa and now you have a NHC. You want a stereo for the NHC. What do you want for the Corsa?
c) What is your budget (make this number firm)?
d) What do you listen to?
e) How much space are you willing to sacrifice? Can you install a Subwoofer with box in trunk?
f) Do you have any brand preferences?

Some pointers:
a) Allocate 20% of your budget (if the budget exceeds 25K) to damping and better wires.
b) Listen to all the cars you can even if the systems exceed the price range you are in (listening is the best method of learning).
c) Trust your ears, not someone's opinion.
d) Be clear in your posts. Meandering will confuse all those who want to help.

There is a sticky with recomendations for those wtih budgets upto 30K. It might help.

Last edited by navin : 13th March 2007 at 13:32.
Old 13th March 2007, 22:00   #5473

Audio set up for new scorpio

Hi all,
As i am a newbie, i want to know the best audio set up in scorpio crde.I have some queries;
1) Which is the best setup(amps, speskers,woofers etc) within 40 k?
2)Can I install the gadgets without affecting my luggage space?
3)As i am in Kerala will you please suggest me a good shop in Kerala?
Old 13th March 2007, 22:52   #5474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunjp View Post
Hi all,
As i am a newbie, i want to know the best audio set up in scorpio crde.I have some queries;
1) Which is the best setup(amps, speskers,woofers etc) within 40 k?
2)Can I install the gadgets without affecting my luggage space?
3)As i am in Kerala will you please suggest me a good shop in Kerala?
do check posts by fellow tbhpians that they have for their scorps.

Emperor is a good place for ICEing.
Old 13th March 2007, 23:51   #5475
BHPian

Hello gurus..im a n00b here looking for some ICE advice. Please do let me know if i should start a separate thread or posting here is fine.
I have a Maruti Zen, about 5 years old, and since then ive been using a Sony Xplod head unit (dont remember the model, its a red and silver one with flip down and MBP) with i think GT-6934 3-way xplod speakers and stock zen front speakers (integrated in front door).
Now my friend is upgrading his HU in his lancer from the Pio 6850 to a 7950UB for USB support, and i might pick up his 6850 HU. Now my xplods dont sound the way they used to, and i think i can sell my current setup (is it possible?) and get some decent rear speakers. TIght budget, coz dad isnt giving me any cash :P and im more into sound clarity than bass-boom. Mainly listen to uplifting/vocal/melodic/progressive trance with some alt.rock/pop too. What are your suggestions for speakers?
Thanks so much!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks