Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:46   #5431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Very cool chip. Nice system, glad you are happy with it.

Optima is a far better battery, more expensive for sure, but much better than your amaron. Unfortunately from what I heard, Amaron doesn't import it anymore.

the optima has many compalints also...and the sale of these batteries is very less thats why the amaraja has scraped these battery. I would recommend not to buy these battery as if you get in to problem you could not possible get a replacement.....
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:54   #5432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Now, in the last pic, is that a HU sitting on top of the CD Changer?
very nice install. wondered abut that HU too but figured the guy got 2 HUs one inf the front and the second HU might be used for a DVD or something like that. Any screens in the car?
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:55   #5433
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now, in the last pic, is that a HU sitting on top of the CD Changer?
And in the boot! Wonder how he controls it?
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:37   #5434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
...but figured the guy got 2 HUs one inf the front and the second HU might be used for a DVD or something like that. Any screens in the car?

Ya. Saw another pic of his dash. He does have an Alpine HU there. Most of the real estate has been taken up by gauges. So I guess he didn't have space for the DVD HU there. (He sure has priorities different from ours).

Couldn't see any screens anywhere. Maybe a drop-down from the roof, or in the headrests of the front seats. (No pics of these areas).

@Moral, I was wondering the same too.

Last edited by hydrashok : 2nd March 2007 at 13:38.
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:23   #5435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ya. Saw another pic of his dash. He does have an Alpine HU there. Most of the real estate has been taken up by gauges..
well he cant have the gauges in the trunk can he? :-)

The Aux in on the Alpine must be used by the DVD HU (if the HU in the rear is a DVD HU).

The car seems built for rallies or something similar.
Old 2nd March 2007, 16:29   #5436
BHPian

My neighbor bought a Skoda. It has "Symphony" HU. Should he change it? The car is for his father, with daily self drive in the excess of 100km. Mostly would be listening to ghazals on CD, no MP3, no dink-chak. Very light music. Budget is no issue for him, but his father told me not to suggest anything above 25k :(

So I suggested a 2 way component for front and 2 way coaxial for rear, both Infinity Reference, driven by a CS 60.4 (CS if one need to change the HU, else please suggest - F250?). What are the best suited sizes for speakers? How many pre-outs do the entry level Alpine HUs have? 1, 2 or 3? EDIT: Would 9843 do? If it comes with one pre-out, then a 2 channel amp also should be ok. And drive the rears off the unit. What do you people say?

The car has a 6 CD changer and he would like to keep it. Would Symphony CD changer work with other (mainly Alpine) HU?

Last edited by determinus : 2nd March 2007 at 16:33.
Old 3rd March 2007, 00:20   #5437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
My neighbor bought a Skoda. It has "Symphony" HU. Should he change it? The car is for his father, with daily self drive in the excess of 100km. Mostly would be listening to ghazals on CD, no MP3, no dink-chak. Very light music. Budget is no issue for him, but his father told me not to suggest anything above 25k :(

So I suggested a 2 way component for front and 2 way coaxial for rear, both Infinity Reference, driven by a CS 60.4 (CS if one need to change the HU, else please suggest - F250?). What are the best suited sizes for speakers? How many pre-outs do the entry level Alpine HUs have? 1, 2 or 3? EDIT: Would 9843 do? If it comes with one pre-out, then a 2 channel amp also should be ok. And drive the rears off the unit. What do you people say?

The car has a 6 CD changer and he would like to keep it. Would Symphony CD changer work with other (mainly Alpine) HU?
I suggest you keep the Symphony HU. Its the same Symphony series of HUs you find as OE on Audi cars (no surprises there) and is of decent quality. Just do the speaker upgrade and you should be fine.
Old 3rd March 2007, 08:21   #5438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
I suggest you keep the Symphony HU. Its the same Symphony series of HUs you find as OE on Audi cars (no surprises there) and is of decent quality. Just do the speaker upgrade and you should be fine.
Thanks Gunbir. How about the amping part? How many pre-outs will this HU have? Any idea whats the power rating of these channels?
Old 3rd March 2007, 08:31   #5439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Thanks Gunbir. How about the amping part? How many pre-outs will this HU have? Any idea whats the power rating of these channels?
Post a pic of the HU. There are a few versions like Symphony II etc. We can give you more info once we know which one.
Old 3rd March 2007, 14:19   #5440
Senior - BHPian

My friend had a fully sealed box for his sub.....then i showed him pics of LBM (now NBM ) booffer box pics with holes.....The very next day there was a carpenter at his house for some household work n he made him make two biggg holes in his box.....
RESULT: Sub has become a tweeter producing all high freq....The punch has gone missing n its only chan chan

Pls give some suggestions to solve this problem.....

Old 3rd March 2007, 20:35   #5441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
booffer box pics with holes.....The very next day there was a carpenter at his house for some household work n he made him make two biggg holes in his box.....
RESULT: Sub has become a tweeter producing all high freq....The punch has gone missing n its only chan chan
that's a good one, look at those sad holes. We should open up a DON't do it yourself thread with this picture.

But if highs are coming from the sub (??), that means it is running in full pass. Make sure the sub runs at 80-100Hz and below.
And throw that box lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishism View Post
I did want to know how large the JBL amp was and if I would have to sacrifice too much space in the boot of the conti. Also, the cost if possible.
And is there a good dealer in Baroda .
In a conti, I think the amp can be mounted on the back of the back seat. Resulting loss in boot space is really negligible.
You can call Prakash Bhai at 9375902277 and ask him that question.
Costs of JBL amps vary between 7 to 20 grand for regular amps. Special amps cost much much more.
Old 3rd March 2007, 21:00   #5442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
that's a good one, look at those sad holes. We should open up a DON't do it yourself thread with this picture.

But if highs are coming from the sub (??), that means it is running in full pass. Make sure the sub runs at 80-100Hz and below.
And throw that box lol.
I think this hole design of woofer is giving very strong 100th harmonic (trebble)

i think nailing a piece of good .75 inch wood on the top over the holes would fix everything ????
i dont think small uneven walls will effect performnce, its mainly about speaker box enclosure volume which will obviously not be effected much
so is it repairable???
Old 3rd March 2007, 21:58   #5443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

very nice design.....for the tweeter if the treble is coming....

kp i think this enclosure is finish....I think you must get a new enclousre made as this one is DIY dead.....
Old 3rd March 2007, 22:01   #5444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1101 View Post
I think this hole design of woofer is giving very strong 100th harmonic (trebble)

i think nailing a piece of good .75 inch wood on the top over the holes would fix everything ????
i dont think small uneven walls will effect performnce, its mainly about speaker box enclosure volume which will obviously not be effected much
so is it repairable???
Ya it can be repaired but i would recommend to get new as the fixing of the cover on the port are there will be always a leakage of air thats why.....
Old 3rd March 2007, 23:10   #5445
BHPian

hey kpzen the guy only didnt cut two holes he also got a box made which i will definatly have to see!!
though he is insisting of buying a new boochik boochik box so i think we should take him to lbm for his querires??
wat say??
and one more thing the guy is also planning to blow off his esteem trunk by fixing a sony boofer 800 watt wouldnt the frequencies of both be a little mismatch??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks