Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 09:21   #556
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Yesterday I saw a video on YouTube about one Dr Bharat Patodiya who got a defective Nexon EV 2 months back and of facing a lot of issue from next day onwards. Here is the link

I really feel sorry for the Doctor. It is really depressing that Tata Motors is not accepting the fault in his brand new vehicle and replace his vehicle or at least tell him how to fix the problem he faced.

Is anyone aware of anyone from Tata Motors team who can help him??
souvikjana83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:50   #557
BHPian

Saw that too... I wonder why hasn't Tata responded. Also, was shocked to see the response of the service guys.
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:10   #558

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvikjana83 View Post
I really feel sorry for the Doctor. It is really depressing that Tata Motors is not accepting the fault in his brand new vehicle and replace his vehicle or at least tell him how to fix the problem he faced.

Is anyone aware of anyone from Tata Motors team who can help him??
Thanks for posting the same video on multiple threads, the video is more than a month old. Do you have any further updates stating that Tata did not get in touch with the customer?

He clearly mentions in the video that the company was in touch and did give him a courtesy car. He also says he'll go for the Nexon EV again, but believes his is a defective piece.

In the meanwhile the same YouTube channel has posted the opinion of another Nexon EV owner who's happy with his purchase.

shortbread is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:23   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Thanks for posting the same video on multiple threads, the video is more than a month old. Do you have any further updates stating that Tata did not get in touch with the customer?

He clearly mentions in the video that the company was in touch and did give him a courtesy car. He also says he'll go for the Nexon EV again, but believes his is a defective piece.

In the meanwhile the same YouTube channel has posted the opinion of another Nexon EV owner who's happy with his purchase.

https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=EOzCiTbFBe0&t=1244s
Yes. The first video is a month old and 2nd video is of around 28th Aug. My intention to post in both the threads was if anyone among us has contacts with Tata Motors management and in case anyone from Tata Motors higher management can look into his case and help him out in anyway possible. Being his first car, I can imagine the overall disappointment he is facing today due to this. Its just a 2 months old car.

Since I love EVs and I want more people to own EVs, experiences like this do upset me a lot. Do you know how many people have cancelled or postponed their Nexon EV bookings after looking at this video? Since EVs are still relatively new in India, companies really have to make sure that after sales service is really top notch so that these kind of cases don't happen.

Nexon EV is a good vehicle even Dr Patodiya is also saying the same. Many people are really very happy after buying one. But he got a defective piece which is really unfortunate. It is the responsibility of the dealer/company to replace his vehicle if they are not able to fix the issues in it.

Last edited by souvikjana83 : 3rd September 2021 at 10:25.
souvikjana83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 17:06   #560
Senior - BHPian

I have a thought. Could be a silly thought, but nonetheless its a thought.

In our vehicle RC Document, we get Chassis No. and Engine no. . What will Engine number get replaced by, in case of EVs?
MileCruncher is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 17:29   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

In our vehicle RC Document, we get Chassis No. and Engine no. . What will Engine number get replaced by, in case of EVs?
An EV will have a Motor Number instead of the Engine Number.
JayD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 23:21   #562
BHPian

Quote:

Here is an RC of Nexon EV. The Motor Number is printed in place of Engine Number.
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-rc_masked.jpg

The older E2O RC doesn't have any motor number
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-e2o_rc_masked.jpg
Holyghost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 20:04   #563
BHPian

Had gone to enquire about Nexon EV booking at Garve Hyundai, Baner in Pune. Have attached the quote I got. The dealers are still clueless about the updated Maharashtra subsidy process and no registration charges and have not received any communication from TML. The one thing that struck me that the extended warranty cost of Rs. 18 K which is just for additional third year, which seems steep. Further they mentioned the EV does not have extended warranty option for 4th, 5th year, whereas the ICE Nexon has that option. Would appreciate some insights from existing Nexon EV owners.

Also the Accessories guy said they cannot fit a reversing camera or any other electrical accessories to the EV (XM variant). Is that really the case? It seems more of a knowledge issue and general lack of awareness around EVs.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: The Tata Nexon EV-ef6da4ef9bd3435784dba1abab127d49.jpeg  

Djay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 13:05   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
The one thing that struck me that the extended warranty cost of Rs. 18 K which is just for additional third year, which seems steep. Further they mentioned the EV does not have extended warranty option for 4th, 5th year, whereas the ICE Nexon has that option. Would appreciate some insights from existing Nexon EV owners.
Please note that the 2 major components i.e. Battery and Motor are covered for 8 Years or 1.6L Kms whichever earlier. So I'm not sure if the extended warranty of 18K for just 1 year which essentially will cover minor mechanicals or ICE is even worth the price.
MileCruncher is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 22:47   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Battery and Motor are covered for 8 Years or 1.6L Kms whichever earlier. So I'm not sure if the extended warranty of 18K for just 1 year which essentially will cover minor mechanicals or ICE is even worth the price.
That’s a very very good point! Would appreciate opinions from other members or existing EV owners of whether the extended warranty is worth the extra cost (18k for 1 year and 25k for 2 years).

Also if I buy the XM variant with steel wheels, I am looking for any feedback on how much the range is reduced with the extra weight of steel over alloys. If any Nexon EV XM owners can please help with any feedback, that would be great.

Last edited by Djay : 7th September 2021 at 22:49. Reason: Additional information
Old 12th September 2021, 01:41   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Also if I buy the XM variant with steel wheels, I am looking for any feedback on how much the range is reduced with the extra weight of steel over alloys. If any Nexon EV XM owners can please help with any feedback, that would be great.

Never have I ever: Seen an XM EV.

You could just buy any alloys/Nexon alloys aftermarket (for the latter, its easy since Petrol/Diesel Nexons have the same alloys as the EVs) and install those.
LEGION_FIVE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 14:35   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Over 400 Tata Nexon EV deliveries held up in Maharashtra.
Pending Tata Nexon EV deliveries can now begin in Maharashtra after the state explains process for claiming EV subsidy.

- Manufacturers apply for state subsidy on behalf of customers.
- Vehicles registered on or after July 23, 2021 eligible.
- Funds sanctioned within 90 days of filing, subject to availability.

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 10:02   #568
BHPian

EV Gurus,
Can we park Nexon EV on a slope in D / R + handbrake, as there is no ‘P’ ?

Will it act as parking a car in gear ?
Old 15th September 2021, 10:24   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
EV Gurus,
Can we park Nexon EV on a slope in D / R + handbrake, as there is no ‘P’ ?

Will it act as parking a car in gear ?
EVs don't have gears, the wheels are always connected to the motor, whether it is D, R or N. In reverse mode also there are no gear changes, the motors rotates in opposite direction, that's the reason EVs are so simple.

I guess, just like your switched off fan can be turned with a stick, you can push an EV in any mode without handbrake, there won't be any resistance from the motor.

So, parking in N + handbrake is no different than D/R + handbrake.
SKC-auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:15   #570
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
I guess, just like your switched off fan can be turned with a stick, you can push an EV in any mode without handbrake, there won't be any resistance from the motor.
This part is wrong. Whether it's a fan or an EV motor, if you manually rotate it, it becomes a dynamo, ie it generates electricity. But that doesn't come free, you need to apply force to turn it, ie there's resistance. That's how regenerative braking works. The motor keeps spinning because of inertia, it generates electricity to charge the battery, that causes resistance that feels like strong engine braking.

To the question of parking an EV: I don't know the answer. A handbrake would be safe. It seems dangerous if an EV could just roll if parked in D or R (there is resistance, but on a slope I imagine it can still roll).
rsidd is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks