Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2021, 22:10   #481
BHPian

Re: Review: The Tata Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Seriously? Is this also the case with other Tata cars (non-EV Nexon, Altroz etc)? This would be a deal-breaker! Of course, I'd thoroughly test the music system with my phone before buying.
No idea about the others but I have no reason to believe they have changed a lot of things in their other models as far as the infotainment system is considered.
Old 12th June 2021, 11:14   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGION_FIVE View Post
No idea about the others but I have no reason to believe they have changed a lot of things in their other models as far as the infotainment system is considered.
Which version software is your entertainment system? There's a new version out recently would suggest upgrading to that. The radio coming on when the car is started is standard but you can mute that with the steering or switch it off from the on/off button under the screen - it playing during android auto is most definitely not normal.
zandot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 11:04   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Which version software is your entertainment system? There's a new version out recently would suggest upgrading to that. The radio coming on when the car is started is standard but you can mute that with the steering or switch it off from the on/off button under the screen - it playing during android auto is most definitely not normal.
So, correct me if I'm wrong but updates can only be installed by service center workers during servicing right? I can't do it myself.
Old 13th June 2021, 11:35   #484
BHPian

Yes that's correct. You'll need to take it in to the SC and ask them to upgrade.

From what I gather the current version being installed of the Harman system is 14.44. There is also a new BMS Software update to 2.10 so might be worth checking if you can get both done.

Quote:
So, correct me if I'm wrong but updates can only be installed by service center workers during servicing right? I can't do it myself.
zandot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 19:29   #485
BHPian

Quote:
And then, I noticed that even though this time I had properly turned the car off, the infotainment screen was still on. I've never noticed this before. Why would the infotainment screen need to be turned off separately from the vehicle? The Start/Stop button should override the need for individual features to be turned on and off separately!
The infotainment turns off after turning off the car and opening driver side door. If you turn off the car and get off from passenger side/boot, the screen will remain ON (probably for 1 hour) (Similar behaviour in other Tata cars also).

You could consider this as a feature cause while stopping at red light (or any other similar situation), if you turn off your car, the infotainment will remain connected and music won't stop. Delhi govt has started a awareness drive last year where volunteers were standing at red lights and asking people to turn off their engines at every red light to reduce pollution. This feature came handy at that time.

Quote:
If I'm using Android Auto to play my songs, I DO NOT WANT THE RADIO PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND SIMULTANEOUSLY!
This is not normal and probably one off issue with infotainment, get it checked at SC.

Last edited by Beelzebub : 18th June 2021 at 19:42.
Beelzebub is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 19:58   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
The infotainment turns off after turning off the car and opening driver side door. If you turn off the car and get off from passenger side/boot, the screen will remain ON (probably for 1 hour) (Similar behaviour in other Tata cars also).

You could consider this as a feature cause while stopping at red light (or any other similar situation), if you turn off your car, the infotainment will remain connected and music won't stop. Delhi govt has started a awareness drive last year where volunteers were standing at red lights and asking people to turn off their engines at every red light to reduce pollution. This feature came handy at that time.
That... actually makes a lotta sense! Thank you. Didn't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
This is not normal and probably one off issue with infotainment, get it checked at SC.
Actually, I was driving today and found an explanation for why this is. It was not a bug on the car's part. I think it had more to do with Android Auto (AA) itself. So I tried the same thing today as well and it gave me the same headache- FM was on in the background as my music played through AA. But additionally, I encountered another issue today- the music would come on and then turn off by itself intermittently. AA showed the song running in the background, as did my phone, but increasing or decreasing the volume would only change the FM sound, as if the volume slider didn't recognize my music playing over AA whatsoever. Annoyed, I gave up after a few attempts and tried Youtube to play music. Voila! Everything works normally! No FM playing in the background and no unnecessary audio cutting off. I think the issue has something to do with Rocket Player (the app I use to listen to music) being incompatible with AA somehow because Youtube worked fine. Think I'll have to change my music app to get the music to play flawlessly over AA.
LEGION_FIVE is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 23:21   #487

A bad experience by a Doctor shared on You tube. I feel some higher authority from TATA motors should take this up and solve the problem asap. There can be glitches but you need to go out of the way to re instate customer confidence.
CHIRU3011 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 05:44   #488
Senior - BHPian

We have taken the step finally!

In 2019 I was working on a FAME-II project related to urban mobility. Working with the manufacturers closely on this project made me aware of the plus and minuses on EV and Battery technologies currently in play. It was also the time EV movement was getting kickstarted in India with some BYD / Olectra Buses having come on roadd and Tata/ ALL/ Eicher / Proton making a play into this segment.

We as a family have been making small steps in our own way in various small steps to get to a more sustainable way of living. This paradigm led wifey and me to make a pact to switch to EV as our next vehicle. This pact was made keeping 2023/24 as the horizon as we had got a new Car in 2018.

However Covid-19/ WFH/ Cost of Petrol changed a lot of things in 2020-21. In Jan 21, we had almost made the switch to EV but finally stopped at the last moment due to teething issues related to charging at home. Post that there were moments when I was tempted to break our pact because of some amazing offers on some pre-worshipped cars, but wifey held strong.

While all this back and forth was happening on replacing a car in the stable, we got to know that someone in the extended family had got Nexon EV. This was last to last Sunday. And that in a way woke the hibernating discussion around Nexon EV as replacement as one car in stable.

Finally after lot of contemplation and some more contemplation, we decided to take the risk and embark on this adventure. The car was booked on Saturday. Booking details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post5089536 (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Now waiting with bated breath for the car and to make the switch to greener mobility. Also here to keep tracks of the niggles and nuances that
one needs to master to live with the Nexon EV.

To silent & clean motoring!

Last edited by MileCruncher : 28th June 2021 at 05:46.
MileCruncher is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 09:44   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon EV Dark Edition started reaching dealerships

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-smartselect_20210703094044_facebook.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-smartselect_20210703094101_facebook.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-smartselect_20210703094120_facebook.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-smartselect_20210703094131_facebook.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-smartselect_20210703094141_facebook.jpg

Source :Rushlane Spylane
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 10:18   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Nexon EV Dark Edition started reaching dealerships
A dark edition Nexon EV? That’s a touch too far. Let’s not forget they recommend using the AC at upto 24 degrees and in Eco mode for better range. The extra heat absorbed by this all black car will undoubtedly put more load on the AC and might very well lead to lesser range.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 18:27   #491
BHPian

It seems like Tata is on a Dark Edition launch spree.

The teaser for the Nexon EV Dark edition:

Last edited by __.gxr.__ : 4th July 2021 at 18:37.
__.gxr.__ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 23:10   #492
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Teases New Dark Edition; Altroz, Nexon EV To Join Line-Up

Source: NDTV Car and Bike

Quote:
Tata Motors has released a teaser for its upcoming Dark Edition and the all-black look will soon extend to more cars in the automaker's line-up. While the Tata Harrier Dark Edition is extremely popular and looks menacing, the Altroz premium hatchback and the Nexon EV subcompact SUV will also get the black paint scheme with the 2021 edition. The automaker has not announced a launch date yet for the new Dark Edition range but the models could arrive as early as next week. In fact, dealerships have also begun accepting bookings for the models.
Old 7th July 2021, 11:17   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon EV Dark launched, priced from Rs 15.99 lakhs (ex-showroom).
- Available in XZ+ and XZ+ LUX
- Midnight black exterior
- 16-inch charcoal grey alloys
- Satin black humanity line and beltline
- Dark themed leatherette upholstery and EV blue stitches
- Glossy piano black dashboard
- Leatherette wrapped steering with EV blue highlights
- Rear centre armrest with cup holders
- 60:40 rear seat split (XZ+ trim)
- Adjustable rear seat headrest
- Puncture kit
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Rs 43,000 more than the Nexon EV XZ+.

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-20210707_111608.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-20210707_111610.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-20210707_111612.jpg

Review: The Tata Nexon EV-20210707_111614.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th July 2021 at 11:33.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 01:01   #494
BHPian

Quote:
- Midnight black exterior
Quote:
Tata Nexon EV Dark launched, priced from Rs 15.99 lakhs (ex-showroom).
Oh cool! So that's why they removed these from the XZ+ last year so that they could charge extra money for it by including these standard features in a "Dark Edition" to rip customers off. Great job, Tata!

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th July 2021 at 06:15. Reason: For better reading experience (especially from smartphones) please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
Old 11th July 2021, 07:12   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIRU3011 View Post
https://Youtu.be/459yOP5wDTk

A bad experience by a Doctor shared on You tube. I feel some higher authority from TATA motors should take this up and solve the problem asap. There can be glitches but you need to go out of the way to re instate customer confidence.
With due respect, I feel the video is unnecessarily dramatic and a tad too emotional. Praying to God, calling himself a sinner and what not. Not taking away what the gentleman may have experienced though. Tata should step in and address this urgently.

Last edited by hrman : 11th July 2021 at 07:19.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks