Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2023, 05:26   #331
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narvind0110 View Post
Hi all,

We took delivery of our Tiago EV LR XZ+ Daytona Grey on Saturday. The car drives brilliantly and I am very happy with the purchase.

However, I see many "fit & finish" issues with the side windows (the rubber beading alignment), the rear hatch not closing properly on the left side, some plastic bit not properly fitted. So frustrating to see Tata deliver cars with so many minor glitches.
Congratulations on your new EV. I had same experience with my EV. However, I did check other vehicle during delivery with same colour but Tech LUX variant which was there for delivery too. The issue was not there.. The doors were smoother. I have raised this issue as manufacturing defect and Show room agreed to rectify it. May be some lot may have this problem.
abacusv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 05:00   #332
BHPian

Hi All,

What is the average range that you all are getting city and outside city? When I took the delivery the range it showed was 200+ for 100% charge. Due to number plate and registration delay I did not drive much for a week and charged when it was about 40% left. I do not remember the range for this charge incident.

I had dropped the vehicle at service for the door rectification and it had drained to 37%. Drove back to home of 25Km and charged over night. Now at 100% charge the range is only showing 157km and after driving about 30km the charge is 80% with range showing as 136km. Isnt this too less?
I need to travel a 2 way of 110km but I am not sure if 80% will let me do this. With 315 km per charge on paper to less than 50% is very disappointing. Just want to know what others get and opinion on this. I know the range depends on driving style. But this much difference is kind of giving me charge anxiety.

By the way door hardness that I reported earlier was rectified by Show room as promised.

Last edited by abacusv : 21st April 2023 at 05:02. Reason: Gramatical
Old 21st April 2023, 08:07   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Hi All,

What is the average range that you all are getting city and outside city?.
I travel about 100 kms daily. 80 kms is on a highway and 20 kms is on a village road. I am getting a range of 210-220 kms on a full charge. I cruise at around 70 to 80 kmph.

The range shown in the MID varies a lot depending on the driving style. When I charge my car to 100%, it shows a range of around 260 kms. After driving for about 10 kms, it comes down to around 210 kms.

Instead of looking at the range shown in the MID, you can get a more accurate range by looking at the AEC. The AEC for my daily commute is around 100 wh/km. This translates to a range of around 240 kms.

Just to test it out, I drove in the S mode yesterday, reaching a speed of around 121 kmph. But, the AEC stood at a whopping 150 wh/km translating into a range of around 160 kms.
abc_xyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 20:22   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
I travel about 100 kms daily. 80 kms is on a highway and 20 kms is on a village road. I am getting a range of 210-220 kms on a full charge. I cruise at around 70 to 80 kmph.
Thank you for a very detailed update. I did long one today with AEC showing 116wh/km. Was able to drive up and down 110km with 47% charge left.

with 210-220km range do you charge after every 100kms? I know its risky to drive till its tail end of its charge. But, I never understood how is the life of battery ascertained. Some say its number of charging cycles. if so charging when its not drained well is reducing the life of the battery.
abacusv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 22:04   #335
BHPian

Quote:
with 210-220km range do you charge after every 100kms? I know its risky to drive till its tail end of its charge.
Right now, I am charging every 100 kms. But, I am planning to get a 16 A socket installed at the parking area in my office and I intend to charge every 150 kms.
abc_xyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 16:02   #336
BHPian

Any one has got PPF done to Their Tiago EV? I have got it done to Safari. Al though I am not entirely happy but it gives some kind of satisfaction against bush scratches or small touches to the car.

The reason for my question is, the way its applied. They literally open many components to fix the PPF. With the vehicle being silent drive any small miss alignment will be very much noticed and with electrical connectivity being warned by Tata, is it worth the risk? Has any one got it done and are happy with the process?
Old 25th April 2023, 08:23   #337
BHPian

Hi. Can anyone tell me how to use the TPMS?
Old 26th April 2023, 22:33   #339
BHPian

I am getting a knocking-like sound from the motor. What could be the reason?
Old 27th April 2023, 09:07   #340
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure if it's the dealer or Tata who made this
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img20230427wa0022.jpg  

Bibendum90949 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 10:21   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Any one has got PPF done to Their Tiago EV? I have got it done to Safari. Al though I am not entirely happy but it gives some kind of satisfaction against bush scratches or small touches to the car.

The reason for my question is, the way its applied. They literally open many components to fix the PPF. With the vehicle being silent drive any small miss alignment will be very much noticed and with electrical connectivity being warned by Tata, is it worth the risk? Has any one got it done and are happy with the process?

With an electric car it is all about cooling. You never know that the car's body is acting like a heatsink. I would not do any mod that has any risk of interference with over all thermal management.

Tata dealers discourage even floor lamination. Id say avoid.
Old 27th April 2023, 11:23   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
With an electric car it is all about cooling. You never know that the car's body is acting like a heatsink. I would not do any mod that has any risk of interference with over all thermal management.

Tata dealers discourage even floor lamination. Id say avoid.
The floor might be a heat sink, chassis may be, but don't think the body is.

Have come across PPFs on MG ZS EV's and Nexon EV's and BYD E6's absolutely no trouble.
In fact, many of them are installed at dealer levels.

Last edited by johannskaria : 27th April 2023 at 11:26.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 11:35   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I'm not sure if it's the dealer or Tata who made this
No offence but hope any of the current or past Nano owners don't take it personally.
Old 27th April 2023, 12:03   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
How can we confirm this? Is it covered under manual given in the car?

I too think its best to leave the car as it is, specially an electric one. Why even bother taking risk?
Old 27th April 2023, 16:35   #345
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors clarification

Tata Tiago Electric Review-20230427_163244.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks