Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2012, 14:02   #7276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk
Beat this!!!

Man challaned for driving car without helmet

Man challaned for driving car without helmet - The Times of India
That guy was a lawyer in chandigarh. If the same had happened in Bangalore, then the police surely would have got beatened up by a bunch of lawyers.
Old 12th July 2012, 17:54   #7277
BHPian

Re: The Official Joke thread

From a woman's point of view;

- The most perfect man in the world is her father
- The most abused husband in the world is her brother
- The most handsome man in the world is her son
- The luckiest and happiest man in the world is her sister's husband
- The most thankful man in the world is her son in law
- And the worst, most selfish, heartless, total jerk and the man with worst behavior in the world is her husband
Old 13th July 2012, 00:56   #7278
BHPian

Re: Joke

The guys here will dig this one.

A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.

"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"
The blonde said, "How about 50 dollars?" The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage. The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, "Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?"
The man replied, "She should. She was standing on the porch."

A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.
"You're finished already?" he asked. "Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats. "Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50. "And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari."
Old 13th July 2012, 07:04   #7279
BHPian

a good one I received yesterday (very rare that I receive any)

"Two things are very difficult to achieve!!!

1. To plant your ideas in someone else's head.

2. To put someone else's money in your own pocket.

The one who succeeds in the first one is called a TEACHER.
And the second is called a BUSINESSMAN.

The one who succeeds in both is called a WIFE.
The one who fails in both is called a HUSBAND!!!"
Old 13th July 2012, 17:09   #7280
BHPian

This picture sums it up perfectly!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-shoes.jpg  

Old 13th July 2012, 23:27   #7281
Senior - BHPian

I had a good laugh, but mods can move it if it has a belongs elsewhere.

Fun Day at the Boat Launch
Old 16th July 2012, 16:00   #7282
Senior - BHPian

Got it as fwd. But deserves a full read.

Here is how the Indian TV news channel NDTV 24×7 would report the Jack and Jill nursery rhyme. All names (except those of Jack and Jill), are fictitious.

Prashant – TV Anchor :

Two persons have been injured in a freak climbing accident. Jack and his companion Jill had gone up a hill to fetch a pail of water when Jack fell down and broke his crown. Jill came tumbling after. Live from the hill, our reporter, Amrita Shah, takes up the story.

Amrita Shah :

Thank you Prashant. Well, as you say, two persons – Jack and Jill – had gone up a hill to fetch a pail of water. Suddenly, Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after. Prashant.

Prashant :

Thank you Amrita. What do we know about the hill?

Amrita :

Not too much. Jack was going up the hill to fetch a pail of water when he fell down and broke his crown. Jill came tumbling after [Headline appears at the foot of the TV screen: "hill breaks crown of pail-boy Jack"]

Prashant :

What news of Jack and Jill?

Amrita :

Prashant, it seems that Jack had gone up the hill to fetch a pail of water. We know nothing about the pail, or how heavy it was but it seems that Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after. I have here with me, an eyewitness to the accident, Mr. Shahid Trivedi. Mr. Shahid, tell us what you saw.

Shahid Trivedi :

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after. [Headline appears at the foot of the TV screen: "Boy and girl tumble down hill. Water spilled"]

Amrita :

Jack and Jill. What do we know about them? Are they brother and sister? Are they married? Just what were they doing on the hill together?

Shahid Trivedi :

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail a water.

Amrita :

And what happened next?

Shahid Trivedi :

Jack fell down and broke his crown

Amrita :

Go on.

Shahid Trivedi :

And Jill came tumbling after.

Amrita :

Prashant, there you have it. Two people innocently going about their business to fetch a pail of water when one of them falls down, breaks his crown, and the other comes tumbling after. Back to you in the studio Prashant. [Headline appears at the foot of the TV screen: "Water errand ends in tragedy"]

Prashant :

I have with me in the studio now, Professor Chandrashekar Belagare from the Indian Institute of Applied Hill Sciences. Professor: a hill; Jack; Jill; a pail of water. A tragedy waiting to happen?

Professor :

Well that depends on the hill, the two persons, the object they were carrying and the conditions underfoot. Let us look at the evidence so far.

Jack and Jill

Went up the hill

To fetch a pail of water.

Jack fell down

And broke his crown

Clearly, one would suspect that if Jack’s fall was severe enough to break his crown then the surface of the hill must have been slippery or unstable. But I think we’re overlooking something quite fundamental here. Who was carrying the pail? Jack fell down and broke his crown and – this is the key – Jill came tumbling after. If Jack and Jill had been carrying the pail together, would they not have fallen at the same time? The fact that Jill came tumbling after suggests that Jack lost his footing first and perhaps knocked Jill over as he slipped.

Prashant :

Professor thank you very much. So there we have it, two persons – Jack and Jill – went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after. Later in the program, Shayad Halwa reveals names of ministers. But next up, join us after the break for a studio discussion about hills, boys and girls and whether water-fetching trips should be supervised. We’ll be right back…
Old 16th July 2012, 16:14   #7283
BHPian

A gynecologist had a burning desire to change careers and become a mechanic. So she found out from her local tech college what was involved, signed up for evening classes and attended diligently, learning all she could. When time for the practical exam approached, she prepared carefully for weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous skill. When the results came back, she was surprised to find that she had obtained a mark of 150%. Fearing an error, she called the instructor, saying "I don't want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wondered if there had been an error which needed adjusting." The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark. You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark. I gave you an extra 50% because you did all of it THROUGH the muffler..."
Old 16th July 2012, 16:56   #7284
Senior - BHPian

Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
But next up, join us after the break for a studio discussion about hills, boys and girls and whether water-fetching trips should be supervised. We’ll be right back…
and we are back with ACP Pradyuman from CID

Presenter: ACP, what do you think of this incident?

ACP Pradyuman: Even we are discussing the same. Aakhir chahta kya hai yeh Jack? with familiar legspinner twist of his hand.

Old 16th July 2012, 22:29   #7285
Senior - BHPian

Buying The New Nokia 8o8 Phone For Its 41 MegaPixels Camera Is Like Hiring Sunny Leone For Her Acting Skills..
Old 16th July 2012, 23:46   #7286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Got it as fwd. But deserves a full read.
We’ll be right back…
Very nice joke but I would like to add something from my side.

Prashant :

I have with me in the studio now, Professor Chandrashekar Belagare from the Indian Institute of Applied Hill Sciences. Professor: a hill; Jack; Jill; a pail of water. A tragedy waiting to happen? Tell us very briefly as we are heading for a commercial break.

Professor :

Well that depends on the hill, the two persons, the object they were carrying and the conditions underfoot. Let us look at the evidence so far.

Prashant (cuts abruptly) :

Thank you professor, we will come back to you after a very short break.

After the Break :

Professor continues :

Jack and Jill

Went up the hill

To fetch a pail of water.

Jack fell down

And broke his crown

Prashant (again cutting abruptly) :

Professor thank you very much. So there we have it, two persons – Jack and Jill – went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after. Later in the program, Shayad Halwa reveals names of ministers. But next up, join us after the break for a studio discussion about hills, boys and girls and whether water-fetching trips should be supervised. We’ll be right back…

Professor want to convey this but wasn't allowed by Prashant :

Clearly, one would suspect that if Jack’s fall was severe enough to break his crown then the surface of the hill must have been slippery or unstable. But I think we’re overlooking something quite fundamental here. Who was carrying the pail? Jack fell down and broke his crown and – this is the key – Jill came tumbling after. If Jack and Jill had been carrying the pail together, would they not have fallen at the same time? The fact that Jill came tumbling after suggests that Jack lost his footing first and perhaps knocked Jill over as he slipped.

Thanks

PS : This happens day after day on almost all news channels and Vinod Dua, Arnab Goswami and Ashutosh are expert in that.

Last edited by carwatcher : 16th July 2012 at 23:53.
Old 17th July 2012, 20:32   #7287
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is an interesting piece on surnames. The article is from daily The Hitavada, Nagpur.

The Official Joke thread-picture-114.jpg
Old 18th July 2012, 09:33   #7288
Senior - BHPian

Inspiring mod to suite the heart
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-pic.jpg  

Old 19th July 2012, 17:29   #7289
Senior - BHPian

Singham??

Old 19th July 2012, 22:54   #7290