Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2008, 20:48   #436
Senior - BHPian

Comon guys, someone point out some negatives in the BigTV other than no reception during heavy rain, this anyway affects all DTH players.
Old 28th August 2008, 20:56   #437
BHPian

I am still watching the DTH space, the Big Tv still doesnt offer some channels like Neo in the South Offer.

Also, I am reading that soon they will offer Toshiba LCD and Big Tv as package for 10 to 12k...Its not a confirmed news but many websites are carrying this. May be a rumour. But knowing reliance they are capable of doing this.

So guess its good to wait for somemore time.
Old 29th August 2008, 11:02   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Anuj ,how is the EPG(electronic program guide) for BigTV. I have found the menu for Tata Sky more user friendly than Dish so please let us know how your experience has been with BigTV.
Yes, you are correct. EPG is not comprehensive like Tata Sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Comon guys, someone point out some negatives in the BigTV other than no reception during heavy rain, this anyway affects all DTH players.
Here are some negatives:

1. Switching between Radio and TV channels is not at all user friendly. Every time you have to search and find the way. No dedicated key for Radio channel.

2. EPG is not as comprehensive as TataSky

3. There is no feature in BIG TV set top boxes like Active NewsRoom and Active Classroom etc.

4. Guide button is slow and takes much time to appear

5. Channel scrolling has bug in it. When you press UP or DOWN arrow key for scrolling list of channels after some time it gets weird and stops in between. Most irritating. Example: If you are watching channel no 710 and want to go in 200 range with scroll you cannot reach there it stops in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
I am still watching the DTH space, the Big Tv still doesnt offer some channels like Neo in the South Offer.

Also, I am reading that soon they will offer Toshiba LCD and Big Tv as package for 10 to 12k...Its not a confirmed news but many websites are carrying this. May be a rumour. But knowing reliance they are capable of doing this.

So guess its good to wait for somemore time.
Which NEO channel are you talking? They are providing NEO Sports with 2190 package.

Yes, your news is correct. They have already made an agreement with LG, Samsung, Toshiba fo LCD bundle offer. They are purchasing LCDs in bulk from these vendors. Soon they come with offer. Even Tata Sky is doing same.
Old 29th August 2008, 18:12   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Anuj, need you to check if Chandana (DD Kannada) is available. Big TV folks at the ADAG outlets have not been a big help on this part.
Old 29th August 2008, 19:24   #440
Senior - BHPian

Tata Sky's PVR services awarded to O&M | Televisionpoint.com News

coming soon digital video recorders from TataSky...
Old 30th August 2008, 11:42   #441
BHPian

"We will do it the telecom way"

Interview with Chief executive of Big TV, Arun Kapoor. LINK

Quote:
  • Discussions are on with television manufacturers. We have to work out whether you buy a DTH connection and get an LCD TV free or you buy an LCD and get a DTH connection free. It could work both ways. some form of bundling will happen.
  • capacity of 230 channels. we will get another four transponders in the next four-five months. we can launch another 130 channels.
  • India will see a revolution in High-Definition both in terms of software (channels) and hardware (TV sets) in the next six months. Total dhamaka hone wala hai (there will be a big bang).
  • Mpeg4 allows triple play — that is, audio, video and data. Our box is not a vanilla box. It is a box with higher memory and it already has space for a USB modem. Triple play gives you a return path.
  • In the next two to three months, we will launch DVRs (digital video recorders) which can record hundreds of hours of programming.
so the USB port is for a modem and not for DVR.
Old 30th August 2008, 12:43   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post

BigJohn/LT, you can use the component cable for HD transfer. HDMIs only edge is that its All Video and 5 channel Audio in one cable. Although HDMI option is something ADAG should consider.
Nope man... component is analog, hence not the same bit for bit, byte for byte. But in case of HDMI, its digital, hence the original data.

~LT
Old 30th August 2008, 12:45   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
ahh good news that new players getting into this....i can say good bye to tata sky!
I got my annual subscription about a month ago for dishtv (maxi pack), guess am stuck for time being.

~LT
Old 30th August 2008, 15:44   #444
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Big Tv customer care is always engaged. i had to try for one hour non stop for getting through.

Now installation is taking time. they are not sure . the answer is "as early as possible". no definite time frame

since three day's iam waiting for them to install
Old 30th August 2008, 21:42   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Big Tv customer care is always engaged. i had to try for one hour non stop for getting through.

Now installation is taking time. they are not sure . the answer is "as early as possible". no definite time frame

Welcome back to Reliance guys, there as usual "reliable" service is coming back on track.

~LT
Old 1st September 2008, 09:51   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Anuj, need you to check if Chandana (DD Kannada) is available. Big TV folks at the ADAG outlets have not been a big help on this part.
@Condor: I will check today and will send you PM. Weekends I did not log into Team-BHP as my phone line is dead.

Quote:

Yes, now days BIG TV customer care line is jam completely. I would like to give you advice try around 10 PM to 11 PM and repeatedly make complain about installation. Then they will come soon. It seems they do not have much qualified installer in Bangalore. All of them are overloaded.

Hoevever, I got installed in 2 days.

Last edited by anujmishra : 1st September 2008 at 09:53.
Old 1st September 2008, 10:19   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxtechie View Post
I got my annual subscription about a month ago for dishtv (maxi pack), guess am stuck for time being.

~LT
Am doing a wait and watch, for the same reason am recharging for the lowest value

But i guess we need to give tme for BIG TV, had a bad experience with Relaince Wimax... Getting installed is an issue later when their is an issue they dont have qualified people to handel it.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:13   #448
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Installation is done yesterday. it working fine.Picture quality is really good. Total 186 channels ( including 10 radio channels and movies channels) It is ok for me as iam getting 9 Telugu channels as against 4 from local cable guy.

Star plus is there. so is neo and neo cricket

real VFM for 2190/- per year along with hardware

The installation guy said - Dish and box are customer property. They can retain them even if one disconnects. further warranty is for 3 years.

Last edited by rkg : 1st September 2008 at 13:16.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:37   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Installation is done yesterday. it working fine.Picture quality is really good. Total 186 channels ( including 10 radio channels and movies channels) It is ok for me as iam getting 9 Telugu channels as against 4 from local cable guy.

Star plus is there. so is neo and neo cricket

real VFM for 2190/- per year along with hardware

The installation guy said - Dish and box are customer property. They can retain them even if one disconnects. further warranty is for 3 years.
Wow that sounds like an amazing deal! how long did they take to install?
Old 5th September 2008, 17:09   #450
Senior - BHPian

I heard they do not have any Zee Channel in the 2190 offer. Is this true? ANd can ppl from the south opt for a Zee package in addition? IM not sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks