Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 14:38   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sumit, so are you saying that Big TV is full of horror stories? Is it related to the channels quality or their customer service issue?

Also, which city first got Big TV and when?
Old 17th October 2008, 14:45   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I am assuming that Airtel will fair better in Customer Services but their package rates are high.
If their mobile service customer care is anything to go by, their service is crap to say the least.

I have been using BigTV since before the launch, have no complaints. Their engineers arrive next day after giving a complaint, picture quality is brilliant, sound is good,thats all I need.
Old 17th October 2008, 14:45   #573
BHPian

BigTV is full of surprises, both in terms of Customer Services and channels. I have heard people having to wait for 20 days before they could even contact someone to get it installaed after they purchased the STB off the shelf. Their toll free nos. were very hard to get across and even if they did get to speak to someone, they would not be able to get a tentative date on which the installation could be done. Also, we had a few people complaining that BigTV removed a few channels without giving any reasons. Another problem which people are claiming with BigTV is that their BigTV Logo is very irritating especially for sports channels. All these along with the money leeching habits of ADAG makes me weary of them and I am personally uncomfortable with the brand Reliance.

As for the 2nd part of your question, I am not aware about it.

@Sahil: In this case it can very well be the case wherein BigTV is at the moment only focussed on Big Cities. If this is the case, then I don't know what to say. They should have then launched in phases. In an attempt to go BIG, they are neglecting issues without realising that the First Impression is the Last Impression.

Last edited by SumitB : 17th October 2008 at 14:47.
Old 17th October 2008, 15:00   #574
Senior - BHPian

I am user of BigTV in bangalore. I do had issues of waiting almost 10days to get it installed.
Except for this I have no issues till now. Touch wood
Old 17th October 2008, 15:12   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I am user of BigTV in bangalore. I do had issues of waiting almost 10days to get it installed.
Except for this I have no issues till now. Touch wood
How is your periyaa tv doing now ? is there any improvement in customer care.
Old 17th October 2008, 15:39   #576
Team-BHP Support

Since a lot of interest is being shown for Big TV. I am going to log my experience with them.

Bought STB at 2:00 PM Oct 17, 2008.
From the reliance centre at Astral Heights Punjagutta.
Cost 1990.
This is my favourite Reliance service centres and I was not disappointed this time either.

Have logged a request for installation at 2:30 PM Oct 17, 2008.
Called on the Mumbai number as I did not have access to a BSNL phone for the toll free line.

I will update on how much time it takes before it starts working.

Question: There is a USB connector in the STB. WHY?

Last edited by bblost : 17th October 2008 at 15:52.
Old 17th October 2008, 15:56   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Even i dont foresee any problems from BigTV in bigger cities

I guess, i have another month to decide, will enquire with Big TV users in Hyderabad and then take the plunge

Ahem, here is the guy i will take the feedback from. Imran, look forward to your feedback after a few days of its usage.

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th October 2008 at 16:00. Reason: Saw Bblost's post
Old 17th October 2008, 16:06   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Question: There is a USB connector in the STB. WHY?
There is talk that this USB connector is to connect either an external HDD or a modem to enable interactive services.
Old 17th October 2008, 18:28   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
BigTV is full of surprises, both in terms of Customer Services and channels. I have heard people having to wait for 20 days before they could even contact someone to get it installaed after they purchased the STB off the shelf. Their toll free nos. were very hard to get across and even if they did get to speak to someone, they would not be able to get a tentative date on which the installation could be done. Also, we had a few people complaining that BigTV removed a few channels without giving any reasons. Another problem which people are claiming with BigTV is that their BigTV Logo is very irritating especially for sports channels. All these along with the money leeching habits of ADAG makes me weary of them and I am personally uncomfortable with the brand Reliance.
i second that. BIG is full of BIG surprises. Two days ago, when i swithced on, i saw the message that 'your STB has new channels'. AS usual i didn't rely on 'reliance' message. SETB downloaded the 'new' channels and i got the same channels i used to get before.

the BIGgest susprise. When i booked, as part of sourth starter package of 1990, (as mentioned in website), i was supposed to get one regional channel free. I enquired this at the reliance shop and they didn't have a clue (as expected but still tried). When the installer came, i asked him also and he told sir you will get all channels (i didn't understand). I tried to opt for malayalam regional pack (thinking that there should be option). Anyways i thought it should be good if i get all regionals and can watch malayalam too. Happy one month and mallu channels disappeared. Called up customer service and they told me to check telugu channels which were there and confirmed that my regional is telugu package. Then i asked why. Then they told i have opted for that. (expected that tooo...big hai nah). then i told there was no option for me to slelect right from booking how can i select. then the lady told, i can't help. you have telugu. if you need malayalam, pay more and get.

As i am already allergic to reliance brand, i have no new bad impression. just took the package because i want to ditch reliance after one year and big is the only one which offered for local cable wala price and i don't watch much TV programmes.

all in all.. full surprise, no customer care, big technology (so called), quite cheap. and reliance sucks.
hail BIGler!!!
Old 17th October 2008, 18:42   #580
Senior - BHPian

The lesson here is - price is not everything. Pay a little more and get a better service. Hearing the experiences here, Tata Sky customer care (although not fantastic) seems pretty good.
Also apart from my gripe about the quality not being DVD-like, I've never had an issue with mixed-up packages, billing, installation etc. And I've always maintained their on-screen menus are the best. In fact, that alone is the reason why I still stick with them.
Old 17th October 2008, 20:50   #581
BHPian

I agree we have had tata sky for over a year and it has been smooth sailing except for that fiasco over the sports channels.

Have never used Reliance Services. Never trusted them since much before even the RIM days. I wouldnt touch anything reliance does no matter what happens.
Old 17th October 2008, 22:21   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The lesson here is - price is not everything. Pay a little more and get a better service. Hearing the experiences here, Tata Sky customer care (although not fantastic) seems pretty good.
Also apart from my gripe about the quality not being DVD-like, I've never had an issue with mixed-up packages, billing, installation etc. And I've always maintained their on-screen menus are the best. In fact, that alone is the reason why I still stick with them.
Price is not everything . That sensible indians know that. but for majority of the crowd believes otherwise, shows the marketing trend. Its very late when people understand there are no free lunches
Old 18th October 2008, 15:33   #583
BANNED

Big TV

I am DISH tv subscriber for more than 3 years now. Their call centre
is pathetic - if you have an issue, it's almost impossible that your
issue gets resolved. However, I still have continued with it for so long
because it's very rare that I have any issues. Also most people say
they face outages during rain/thunderstorms etc - but I have never
had a single outage till now.

However, now DISH have deactivated my connection for the last week
for unknown reasons & Customer Service keeps telling me that it will be
resolved soon. But my patience is wearing thin - no TV for 1 week now.

So thinking of shifting to BIG TV. Anyone with any experience with
BIG TV. Unfortunately, I couldn't find info about channels etc on their
website. Anyone have any experience with BIG?
Old 18th October 2008, 16:19   #584
Senior - BHPian

hi,
please go through following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ion-india.html
Old 18th October 2008, 17:40   #585
BHPian

Has anyone tried out Airtel's new DTH thingy ?
I'm using TataSky its ok.

I'm planning to take another connection (I don't really want to shift the connection as they want 1000 for moving it.Even if my bro is not an avid TV viewer, tatasky with base package will work for him.) pay 1500 more and get a new one right ?

Any comparo on Airtel and Reliance BIG Tv

Help out please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks