Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 14:24   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
That's great news. How do I get to subscribe to these channels? Any idea why there is no official communication from them? I checked their website and I don't see any news on addition of new channels over there too.
I can see these channel listing in my STB which I have now realigned to SES7 myself, DIY.

They are coming up with a HD Topup plan, wait for that, otherwise its Rs.20/channel/pm.
Old 17th March 2011, 14:32   #1322
BANNED

@JMaruru: What I hear from tataSky is ZERO. However, the left hand does not know the right. yesterday and the day before I got calls from Hyderabad/Chandigarh about my Mega Pack having expired on the 15th. I mailed them that then how am I seeing a balance of Rs,1275 with expiry on 5 Many. Yesterday got a call from Hyderabad. After checking up the lady called back that the balance assumes a monthly MegaPack and computes accordingly. Then I asked about the replacement HD+ box (remember the first lasted less than 12 hours). She said that installation is scheduled for 4:00pm today. heard zilch, so called them. The unit has not even reached Lucknow (en route to Kanpur)!

Draw your own conclusions.
Old 17th March 2011, 21:48   #1323
BHPian

Got TataSky HD+ installed today. Call to the callcenter to the installation took less than 2 hours. Nat Geo is amazing quality. The sweat drops on the fielders face is so clear. Full paisa vasool.
Old 18th March 2011, 10:03   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_setty View Post
Got TataSky HD+ installed today. Call to the callcenter to the installation took less than 2 hours. Nat Geo is amazing quality. The sweat drops on the fielders face is so clear. Full paisa vasool.
@Sridhar how are the non-HD channels? Is there any improvement in the reception quality due to the HDMI cable usage?
Old 18th March 2011, 10:13   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How much should you have to shell out for these HD channels? Does it include star sports n cricket?
I have 60 days of free viewing of HD + SD channels in my Dish TV. DishTV sells all HD channels at Rs. 150 per month on top of Premium package. Premium package is charged at Rs 325 per month. So, If I want to subscribe all HD + Premium it will cost me Rs. 475 per month.

I am getting almost 25+ HD channels in my STB. All sports channels like Star Cricket, Star Sports, ESPN HD, Ten Sport HD, Ten Sports Cricket HD are coming. Other channels are Nat Geo HD, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD, TLC HD, Times Now HD, Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema HD, Movies Now HD, Few financial, movie, entertainment channels etc. are coming as HD channel as well.

Earlier in forum, I said I do not have Movies Now subscription but it was wrong. There are two Movies Now (1 in SD & 1 in HD). SD one is not coming but I have HD Movies Now subscription.

All in all it is good one to have.

Last edited by anujmishra : 18th March 2011 at 10:14.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:25   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I have 60 days of free viewing of HD + SD channels in my Dish TV. DishTV sells all HD channels at Rs. 150 per month on top of Premium package. Premium package is charged at Rs 325 per month. So, If I want to subscribe all HD + Premium it will cost me Rs. 475 per month.

I am getting almost 25+ HD channels in my STB. All sports channels like Star Cricket, Star Sports, ESPN HD, Ten Sport HD, Ten Sports Cricket HD are coming. Other channels are Nat Geo HD, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD, TLC HD, Times Now HD, Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema HD, Movies Now HD, Few financial, movie, entertainment channels etc. are coming as HD channel as well.

Earlier in forum, I said I do not have Movies Now subscription but it was wrong. There are two Movies Now (1 in SD & 1 in HD). SD one is not coming but I have HD Movies Now subscription.

Yeah, it looks a good deal. No one else has these many HD channels. Did you happen to look at Tata Sky HD PQ? Is Dish TV HD PQ up-to it?
Old 18th March 2011, 11:34   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Yeah, it looks a good deal. No one else has these many HD channels. Did you happen to look at Tata Sky HD PQ? Is Dish TV HD PQ up-to it?
All STB gives similar PQ. Even, if there is difference it is very hard to find through naked eye.

I did not check Tata Sky HD PQ but I believe it will be somewhere +/-10% range of DishTV HD.
Old 18th March 2011, 12:52   #1328
BHPian

I have opted for Tata Sky HD plus, with recording facilities. Hope it works fine. Any feedbacks? Will post my experiences later !
Old 18th March 2011, 14:34   #1329
BHPian

Todays TOI hosted the launch of Videocons DTH with 3D content. This is interesting. The sale of 3D tvs would be much less than HD ready/Full HD tvs which still has very limited content. Guess they want to be the first . Not sure if they have a 3D Tv.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:37   #1330
BANNED

One thing. As per TataSky there is no additional charge for the HD+. Now I have recharged - Annual Maga Pack + additional STB. The former is Rs.6000pm and the latter 150pm i.e., 1800pa). In my simple arithmetic I should have been Ok with a balance of Rs.7800+ for one full year. I see the validity is only extended to february 2012. What is going odd. I see not mention of any HD/HD+ charges on the TataSky site. Incidentally, if you want to raise a query do it in IE and not Firefox. The latter does not get registered.
Old 19th March 2011, 11:18   #1331
BHPian

Disc. HD, Disc. Turbo, Disc. Science, Movies Now HD/SD, FX, FOX Crime, Big CBS Prime channels have been added in Airtel DTH. To view these channels, one's dish should be realigned to SES-7 and also add the repective topup's.

All 3 HD channels @ Rs40pm + tax.
Disc. Science + Disc Turbo @ Rs. 20pm + tax
FX + Fox Crime @ Rs. 20pm + tax
Big CBS Prime @ Rs.10pm + tax.
Old 19th March 2011, 12:28   #1332
BHPian

Booked the tatasky HD+ y'day evening. Will be getting it in 3 to 4 days as promised by the sales guy. Interestingly i was under the impression they will install another dish, well they are going to use the same one.

On the tatasky+ i was offered a free 4 months viewing and lateron it will be 160/mth. Got a good deal here. Waiting for the HD+ box.

I renewed the mega pakage a couple of weeks back. With this it will approx be 330/mth per TV. I guess this is good...

Last edited by sumathindra : 19th March 2011 at 12:30. Reason: more info
Old 19th March 2011, 12:41   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post

At a point of time I was tempted to move to Dish TV HD (due to their number of HD channels) but they dont provide 5.1 sound. Without a 5.1 surround, its like watching a Movie in PVR but without Dolby surround sound.
Old 19th March 2011, 12:47   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Disc. Science + Disc Turbo @ Rs. 20pm + tax
Correction.
Disc. Science + Disc Turbo @ Rs. 25pm + tax
Old 19th March 2011, 18:32   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
When is Star Sports in HD coming to TataSKY?
Not sure on Star Sports, but from the time world cup started - both Star & Espn Cricket are avlbl HD with dolby 5.1 sound - best thing ...zero ads during the telecast.

These HD channels though are event based - once the game ends, nothing is broadcasted.

EDIT: For Star Sports HD / Times Movie HD, as per TSky CC say it will be within a month (during ongoing IPL season) - but no specifc date.

Last edited by sanjayc : 19th March 2011 at 18:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks