Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 15:52   #1276
BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

I have noticed a unique problem with TataSky+ HD, just got the same installed last week.

The right channel sound (TV-HITACHI 46 PLASMA) seems to be very week while watching National Geographic HD and same goes when connected to the 5.1 Yamaha Home Theater, the Right channel is hardly heard.

All other HD channel seems to be OK.

I called the technicians and they came checked and told that the problem is with the broadcasting of NG-HD.

Has anybody noticed this issue.
Old 10th March 2011, 15:54   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Anyone know actual broadcast quality of the cricket matches?
I dont think it is in full HD
The HD quality of cricket is extremely good. If you have 5.1/7.1 AV receiver, it is a must you should put that ON while watching cricket.

It gives you a feeling you are in the stadium. I have a TataSky HD+
Old 10th March 2011, 16:18   #1278
Senior - BHPian

^^ my question was.. is it 720p or 1080p etc
Old 10th March 2011, 16:25   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
^^ my question was.. is it 720p or 1080p etc
The resolution is 1080i..
Old 10th March 2011, 17:46   #1280
IMP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Till now no one is having Full HD broadcasting equipment, its meant only for video games, blue rays, media players not for broadcast, it may come but not at least in near future.
I think you are referring to 1080p vs 1080i broadcasts. Yes 1080p broadcast is a while away whereas all DTH providers already broadcast atleast one 1080i channel. 1080i is also full HD.

'p' stands for progressive and 'i' stands for interlaced.
Old 11th March 2011, 14:10   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Airtel has shifted to SES7 satellite(108.2E) and all new channels will be beamed using the SES7. Some new SD channels have been added and few HD channels are in pipeline in the coming week.

Your antenna direction and alignment will need to change which they plan to do FOC in a phased manner.

Last edited by dadu : 11th March 2011 at 14:11.
Old 11th March 2011, 14:21   #1282
BHPian

Audio experts, need your advice on connecting Tata sky HD+ set top box to Onkyo HT to get 5.1 audio from HT. Currently, I have connected the HDMI cable (both audio and video) from set top box to HT and another HDMI cable goes from HT out to LCD TV. I was told by the technician that this is sufficient to get 5.1 surround sound output from HT. However, I have read in some forums that even after connecting HDMI cable, we still have to connect either the TOSLINK or Coaxial audio out from set top box to HT to get the full surround sound effect. Not sure how true it is. Anyway, ordered the TOSLINK cable through ebay and waiting for it. Can the experts throw some light on this?
Old 11th March 2011, 14:29   #1283
BHPian

@gopikb - i am using an old Onkyo HT SR 601 hence no HDMI inputs. So i have the coaxial from the TataSky HD box going to the AV, for channels with HD logo i get the HT showing Dolby. Now in your setup with the what does the HT show on the display when you are watching an HD channel, try NatGeoHD or DiscoveryHD or the Star Cricket HD. Does the HT show you DolbyDigital, then you have 5.1 sound. If not the the STB box would only be sending StereoSound via the HDMI and you would then need the toslink.
Old 11th March 2011, 14:33   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@gopikb - i am using an old Onkyo HT SR 601 hence no HDMI inputs. So i have the coaxial from the TataSky HD box going to the AV, for channels with HD logo i get the HT showing Dolby. Now in your setup with the what does the HT show on the display when you are watching an HD channel, try NatGeoHD or DiscoveryHD or the Star Cricket HD. Does the HT show you DolbyDigital, then you have 5.1 sound. If not the the STB box would only be sending StereoSound via the HDMI and you would then need the toslink.
Yajaman, Thank you so much. I will check this when I reach home. I dont remember HT displaying dolby digital when seeing cricket.
Old 11th March 2011, 14:59   #1285
BHPian

Yajaman, just asked my wife to check if she gets Digital dolby display when playing Discovery and NGC HD. She confirmed there is no display like that in the Onkyo receiver. Got the Toslink cable now. Cant wait to go and connect it to the HT. Do you really get a remarkable sound experience between 5.1 audio and normal 2-channel stereo? Never experienced one except while audition in the store which I thought is specially setup top boost experience. Got the HT just 2 days ago.
Old 11th March 2011, 15:22   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Dish TV HD is now active in my home and getting many channels in HD format. However, few are upscaled one, but quality is better compared to SD format.

Best among the lot are National Geographic, Discovery, TimesNow HD, ET Now HD. Also I am getting Star Cricket in HD format. But I feel there is not much difference in Star Cricket HD and SD channel. Also getting Zee TV HD, Zee Cinema, few English Movie channels and many sports channels in HD format. All in all it is good watching HD format in my Full HD LED TV.

Last edited by anujmishra : 11th March 2011 at 15:25.
Old 11th March 2011, 15:45   #1287
BHPian

@gopikb - to be honest i do not really use the HT with the STB as its mainly tuned to Ceebeebies . However i have been watching DVDs in the past and now Bluray and the surround sound just blows you away. There is a huge difference between Stereo and 5.1. So once TataSky gets Movies Now HD get ready to sit back with a large bowl of popcorn and cola and enjoy movies to the fullest.

@anujmishra - do you have Movies Now HD and is the STB hooked up to a HT. If yes please do share your experience of this channel with the HT.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 11th March 2011 at 15:50.
Old 11th March 2011, 15:51   #1288
BHPian

Yajaman, Absolutely. I registered a service request with Tata sky asking them to confirm when Movies now channel will be available with Tata sky. The call center called me to tell that they will defnitely get the channel as Tata sky did for Ten sports etc. But timeline is what she never gave commitment for. She doesnot know it either.

Anyway, I got my kids and wife to watch NGC and Discovery finally after getting the HD+ set top box. Until that time it was Ceebeebies all the way in my home too.
Old 11th March 2011, 16:23   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@anujmishra - do you have Movies Now HD and is the STB hooked up to a HT. If yes please do share your experience of this channel with the HT.
I do not have subscription of Movies Now nor I have hooked STB to HT. I have HT but it is plugged to another TV and it is Panasonic HT not regular receiver type. For that HT it works only with DVD with 5.1 channel.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:45   #1290
BHPian

@anujmishra - thanks for the update, Will have to wait patiently for TS to get MNHD.
I thought DishTV would have given all the HD channels under one package like Tatasky. Will check their website for more info. thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks