Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:34   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Even I have subscribed to this pack via SMS but still to hear from them. Its been a couple of days now. Let me try calling their CC today.

I will call the CC today. Thanks a ton!
Once the technician comes and realigns it, ask him to confirm the same to their Satellite HUB (Otherwise it takes time and you will have to call CC technical support to change your profile to SAT-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I have been trying to call CC from Monday and I have not been able to get through to the executive even once
If you have an Airtel mobile connection, call 12150.
Old 23rd March 2011, 12:54   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Once the technician comes and realigns it, ask him to confirm the same to their Satellite HUB (Otherwise it takes time and you will have to call CC technical support to change your profile to SAT-2)

I had the same bad experience too. Tried the SMS with GET <channel name>, Tried with GET <channel no>, even sent the HELP message. Tried to reach them for quite some time yesterday - After navigating their IVR and at the final stages of connecting to the operator it would just drop off mysteriously. Really frustrating
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:14   #1353
BANNED

Help, locate TataSky Bosses:
I am at my wits end trying to locate TataSky. The form does not register (tried and even IE8 failed) and have not been able to find any e-mail other than help@tatasky.com. TataSky Kanpur has thrown up their hands stating that they are just service franchisees, Chandigarh cannot help so need to go up the ladder.
Old 23rd March 2011, 14:52   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been trying to call CC from Monday and I have not been able to get through to the executive even once
So I am not the only one. Tried calling from my mobile, from my landling no cigar

Quote:

Unfortunately I have vodafone number.
I will surely ask the tech guys to do the needul, but first I need them the get my service request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I had the same bad experience too. Tried the SMS with GET <channel name>, Tried with GET <channel no>, even sent the HELP message. Tried to reach them for quite some time yesterday - After navigating their IVR and at the final stages of connecting to the operator it would just drop off mysteriously. Really frustrating
Been there, done that. Same happens to me. I wonder whats going on.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:14   #1355
Senior - BHPian

I just spoke to an Airtel technician who had attended to a service call at my house. Apparently, Airtel is forming a separate team of people to realign the dishes and the process of realigning had not yet started. He did not know when it would exactly start.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
So I am not the only one. Tried calling from my mobile, from my landling no cigar
Even I have a Vodafone connection. Are Airtel mobile customers able to get through?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
...Tried to reach them for quite some time yesterday - After navigating their IVR and at the final stages of connecting to the operator it would just drop off mysteriously. Really frustrating
So there are a lot of people with this problem. Airtel has to pull up their socks, else they are going to lose their customers with this attitude. Their packages are getting costlier by the day with the introduction of new channels and with that the bad customer service.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:27   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just spoke to an Airtel technician who had attended to a service call at my house. Apparently, Airtel is forming a separate team of people to realign the dishes and the process of realigning had not yet started. He did not know when it would exactly start.

Even I have a Vodafone connection. Are Airtel mobile customers able to get through?

So there are a lot of people with this problem. Airtel has to pull up their socks, else they are going to lose their customers with this attitude. Their packages are getting costlier by the day with the introduction of new channels and with that the bad customer service.
12150 is internal Airtel Number, works well.

Use your friends Airtel mobile, dial 12150, once their initial marketing is over press 2 for Main menu, then press 3 for technical support and then press 1 to speak to a person.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:56   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Finally I was able to speak to an agent at Airtel CC. It seems they have received my request yesterday and would take around 48 hours to get the dish alignment done. So waiting for the technician to call me.

These are the topups I am planning to opt for:
cbs prime INR 11.03
discovery turbo INR 16.55
fox crime INR 11.03
movies now INR 11.03

The prices are all inclusive. So around Rs. 50. Let me have a go at it, then I will decide if I want to stick to Airtel or move over to Tata Sky or Dish TV.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 23rd March 2011 at 15:59.
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:15   #1358
BHPian

Booked a Tata Sky HD+ at 3:15PM. Grand sports pack is given free for a month as i used my credit card to pay for the connection.

The CC guy has told me that it take 5 working days for the techinican to fix the dish i.e. one week. Lookin forward for a good service but somewhere I have feeling that they are gonna disappoint me. Coz there have been just too many new connection for Tata sky this month due to their offer with LG TV and they are having high demand for the HD+ box. Wonder if they have stocks to deliver on time!!

I just hope that they give me a new box, not an old or repaired one due to lack of stocks! Anyway to find out if the box is repaired etc?
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:21   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Booked a Tata Sky HD+ at 3:15PM. I just hope that they give me a new box, not an old or repaired one due to lack of stocks! Anyway to find out if the box is repaired etc?
First and foremost do not accept a used box. Not sure if they are doing this due to lack of stocks. Secondly you may even have it installed in a day or two. Thats what happenned to me, booked on friday late night and monday afternoon they were at my home installing it :-)
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:24   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post

I just hope that they give me a new box, not an old or repaired one due to lack of stocks! Anyway to find out if the box is repaired etc?
I am not sure if they would have used/repaired boxes as the HD+ box has just been launched. So i guess you don't need to worry.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:43   #1361
BHPian

Guys - I have a 32” Sharp Aquos LC32A37m. The specs are:
1) Screen Size: 32”
2) LCD/PDP: ASV / Japan
3) Backlight System: 3 Wavelength
4) No. of Pixel (H*V): WXGA (1366*768) / 720p
5) Brightness: 450cd/m2
6) Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 10000:1
7) Native Contrast Ratio: 1500:1
8) Viewing Angle: 176 degrees (H/V)
9) Signal Processing: 8 Bit
10) Digital Comb filter: 3D Y/C Separation
11) High quality picture AQOUS Platform

Thinking of getting a Tata Sky HD+ box. My question is - Will the TV be able to show HD content that is being broadcast on Tata Sky. I understand that the signal goes up to 1080i but I am okay with HD-Ready (720p). I do have a HD and Component port at the back of my TV.
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:55   #1362
BHPian

@Vcash - there is a setting on the Tatasky HD box for the HD setting, you can set it to 720 and be good to go.
Old 23rd March 2011, 22:45   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@Vcash - there is a setting on the Tatasky HD box for the HD setting, you can set it to 720 and be good to go.
How is the quality compared to the 1080i signal?
Old 24th March 2011, 11:05   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
How is the quality compared to the 1080i signal?
720p is any day better than 1080i, I have a Full HD 1080p Tv, but have configured my STB box to transmit to 720p.
Old 24th March 2011, 11:26   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
... Thats what happenned to me, booked on friday late night and monday afternoon they were at my home installing it :-)
Hi @sumathindra. which area do you stay in BLR? I booked on 16th, no sign of the box till now!!! :-( Customer Service spouts the usual platitudes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks