Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 01:13   #946
Distinguished - BHPian

My BigTV set-top box downloaded a new firmware (by default), they layout and graphics have improved but the box has developed annoying problems.
The box now performs much slowly in browsing through channels and worst of all it crashes time and again ! Then restarts itself to come back alive.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? My box is the first gen BigTV set-top box and is out of warranty since it has been over 2 years since I got it. How much will a new box cost me now as replacement?
Old 5th May 2010, 11:16   #947
Senior - BHPian

Exactly @Sahil.Me too has BIGTV.Interfaces are now in ugly red colour ,moreover the EPG loads very slowly.But ,some Services are loading faster for Me.interactive services especially.BIG TV may be launching HD service soon and there may be another firmware update as well?
Old 8th May 2010, 16:28   #948
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
My BigTV set-top box downloaded a new firmware (by default), they layout and graphics have improved but the box has developed annoying problems.
The box now performs much slowly in browsing through channels and worst of all it crashes time and again ! Then restarts itself to come back alive.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? My box is the first gen BigTV set-top box and is out of warranty since it has been over 2 years since I got it. How much will a new box cost me now as replacement?
I'm also having the same problems !

Don't know when they will fix that ?
Old 9th May 2010, 07:41   #949
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

same here. fully endorse this point. i have 2 of these at home powering 2 different tv's and to me tata sky is the best
but i dont see the need to buy tata sky plus.
perhaps if plain jane tata sky were to offer HD I will upgrade both set top boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have been with TataSky almost since its inception. Very satisfied. In case of faults they have very good service - normally showup within an hour and a half!
Old 9th May 2010, 16:18   #950
BHPian

folks any idea, if we can shift DTH connections from one city to another.BTW it is Airtel DTH
Old 11th May 2010, 14:57   #951
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
folks any idea, if we can shift DTH connections from one city to another.BTW it is Airtel DTH
Yeah. Surely. I have shifted my Dish connection once.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:17   #952
BHPian

Hello,

Feedback required on Airtel DTH. I have a 42" LCD, i am more concerned of the Picture Quality. Please suggest.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:05   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Hello,

Feedback required on Airtel DTH. I have a 42" LCD, i am more concerned of the Picture Quality. Please suggest.
Its pretty good on a LCD though I cant say it is very sharp. On the other hand the picture is much much sharper on my 21" Sony CRT. I have a 32" Bravia in my bedroom. Airtel STB does not have Component/HDMI only composite out so the quality through this port is going to suffer a bit - though some channels are very crystal clear. The new Airtel recorder STB does have Component and HDMI out though the HDMI out is limited as of now to 576p () . So if you are going for the DVR option, then I would say picture quality is going to be good.

You can also look at Big TV they have recently launched a HD DVR STB . They also have a normal STB which has component out which helps with the picture quality. Cant say about service though since I havent experienced it.

TATA SKY + also has component out port.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:08   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Yeah. Surely. I have shifted my Dish connection once.
Of course, satellite doesn't know where your dish is placed - it can be anywhere under its service footprint. You need to take care of your billing address if required
Old 24th May 2010, 11:53   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

My bad I am not looking to buy the DVR. I am only looking for the STB Box.
Old 24th May 2010, 12:53   #956
BHPian

Quote:
My bad I am not looking to buy the DVR. I am only looking for the STB Box.
In that case you can look at Big TV normal STB which has component out.

Also Sun Direct has HD STB but its costly option (9990).

There are speculations that Airtel is supposed to come out with a HD STB approx cost will be 4K I think. But we will have to wait for Airtel to bring this into the market.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:00   #957
BHPian

I am planning to get Airtel's IPTV, does any body know how is the quality of Airtel's IPTV? and any reviews on it would be a great help. Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:29   #958
Senior - BHPian

I am getting a lag in the voice as compared to the video on my dish tv connection. Its proper in a couple of channels though. Any suggestions?
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:44   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I am getting a lag in the voice as compared to the video on my dish tv connection. Its proper in a couple of channels though. Any suggestions?
It could be an issue with the current firmware version in the STB and if not, an issue at the broadcasting side. It happens mostly when the PCR in the MPEG stream is not proper. (Program Clock Reference) but that's not likely. So I guess it could mostly be a firmware issue. Wait for the next firmware update and see if the issue is still there.

Any other subscribers whom you know facing the same issue? Is the issue present only in channels with multiple audio streams? (Eng / Hindi)

Last edited by clevermax : 3rd June 2010 at 12:02.
Old 15th June 2010, 20:14   #960
BHPian

TATA Sky finally goes HD!

Tata Sky announced the launch of its much anticipated Tata Sky High Definition (HD) service at a matchless price of just Rs. 2,599/-.

After breaking the Rs 100 subscription price barrier in the DTH industry in 2008, Tata Sky Ltd., the joint venture between the TATA Group and STAR today reveals yet another pricing milestone in the DTH industry.

Tata Sky announced the launch of its much anticipated Tata Sky High Definition (HD) service at a matchless price of just Rs. 2,599/-. Tata Sky HD would be made available across the country in all leading consumer electronic outlets. The service will support the most advanced 1080i picture quality, 16:9 aspect ratio and 5.1 surround sound.

Tata Sky HD offering will include channels like National Geographic HD and Discovery HD. Many more channels like Star Plus HD, Star Movies HD and popular sports channels will also get added to the pack. The other unique feature will be the blockbuster movies being shown in HD. The service will be launched with the superhit movie ‘Kites’ being shown exclusively on Tata Sky in HD format.

As part of the launch phase, all existing Tata Sky subscribers can now upgrade to Tata Sky HD and avail the HD Gold Pack for an entire year, absolutely free. All new Tata Sky HD subscribers would be offered the HD Gold pack for the first two months, absolutely free.

Vikram Kaushik, Managing Director & CEO, Tata Sky Ltd. said, “From day one, Tata Sky has led the way in introducing optimum solution for consumers looking at a great value point. Time and again, we have reinforced the trust of Tata and superior technology of Sky to provide a world class service to our subscribers”.

“We were the first to break the rupee 100 price barrier, first to launch a host of customized innovative interactive service, first to launch India’s PVR and now, Tata Sky HD at an unimaginable affordable price point. Nowhere in the world has HD technology been offered at such great value by any DTH operator. Our aim is to make Tata Sky HD part of a colossal number of Indian households across the country.” added Kaushik.

Source:

http://www.indiainfoline.com/Markets/New...4860212819
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (40.4 KB, 733 views)

Last edited by MutantX : 15th June 2010 at 20:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks