Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 09:59   #2281
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@vina - What about convection?
??

I don't understand - is this some kind of vacuum cleaner? I don't know anything about vacuum cleaners, you guys will have to educate me.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:18   #2282
Senior - BHPian

I meant, convection in liquids kept in the microwave

hence, does the 1" rule become 2"?
Old 13th July 2011, 10:22   #2283
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I have been told same things about Eureka Forbes, and had seen the LG website.

So does your model clean the fine dust that accumulates on all hard surfaces in the house - window sills for example?
I have used regular vacuum cleaners for many years - but mainly for carpeted floors - so I am not really an expert on vacuum cleaners.

For your needs, it's should be far more convenient to just use a wet cloth & wipe wherever dust has accumulated.

But if you still need a vacuum, you should look at a hand vacuum - something like this - Forbes Easy Clean Vacuum Cleaner India | Eureka Forbes Limited

Or if you want a vertical one, a lightweight one like this - http://www.eurekaforbes.com/vacuum-c...n-litevac.aspx

But again, I haven't used stuff like this much, so it's best you ask for a demo & try it out.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:34   #2284
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I will prefer a wet and dry, if available. Fantastic for bathroom and kitchen spills. Some also have a carpet shampoo attachment which pumps shampoo into the carpet and simultaneously shampoos it out. I used it once about 20 years ago in the UK Brilliant.
Old 13th July 2011, 18:13   #2285
Senior - BHPian

Extremely dumb question, so due apologies.

I am getting overly tempted at the thought of purchasing a microwave online.
Buy Samsung CE104VD-B 28Ltr Convection Microwave Oven at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
With the correct coupon code, I get it for 9k, which is still 500 bucks cheaper than what I can find anywhere in Delhi. Not to mention that its almost out of stock everywhere.

what say?
Old 13th July 2011, 18:22   #2286
Senior - BHPian

^^

Just check terms and conditions before buying, especially shipping and handling charges, refund (incase of any issues/repair/warranty). My suggestion is to buy it from local store.
Old 13th July 2011, 18:30   #2287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I meant, convection in liquids kept in the microwave

hence, does the 1" rule become 2"?

That's why I excluded liquids or mostly liquid food from the comments - if the stuff is mostly liquid then, depending on how thick/thin it is you don't have to worry much about shape of the container.

Though for thick liquids you not only have to worry about this - you can actually get steam pockets built up. It is NOT a good idea to take out stuff (unless very lightly heated) before 10sec after the MW turns off for such foods.

Quote:

Buy Samsung CE104VD-B 28Ltr Convection Microwave Oven at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
With the correct coupon code, I get it for 9k, which is still 500 bucks cheaper than what I can find anywhere in Delhi. Not to mention that its almost out of stock everywhere.

what say?

don't try to save Rs. 500 on a 9k item by buying it online. Even if the seller is honest, the courier services in India are not best of the lot and damage happens quite often.

Last edited by vina : 13th July 2011 at 18:33.
Old 13th July 2011, 21:50   #2288
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

what say?
@phamilyman - not sure if you saw my earlier post #2274 (seems like Samsung MW oven CE1041DFB is the one you should go for to avoid the problem of heat setting by weight).
Old 14th July 2011, 10:44   #2289
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I'm buying the white color one from EASYdAY next to my house.

@NPV - no this one has setting by time - i've seen it in person far too many times now
Old 14th July 2011, 11:18   #2290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I'm buying the white color one from EASYdAY next to my house.

@NPV - no this one has setting by time - i've seen it in person far too many times now

In a MW there are two settings - one is power the other is time. I think what NPV is talking about is the power setting, not time setting - apparently in some models they are not giving power setting but giving out a "weight" setting.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:44   #2291
BHPian

Finally got the floor tiling of the 1st level of our apartment completed.

Tiles used : Kajaria premium @ INR 53 / sq.ft.
Binding material : Kajaria
Area covered : 1100 sq.ft.
Time taken : 3 days

These were laid out over the existing mosaic chip flooring, which was over 35 yrs. old.

Many thanks to fellow T-BHPians on this thread who provided practical guidance and information.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:17   #2292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I did read quiet a few negative reviews about the "prestige" induction stove, how long you been using it ? and is thier any other makes which i can consider instead of prestige?
It has been 2 yrs and no issues so far. Just follow the do's and dont's in the manual and it works fine. I chose Prestige over Pigeon for the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I rate Pigeon above Prestige. They also have some combo offers similar to Prestige.
Thanks for the update Latheesh.
When i purchased, Pigeon didnt have any offers. If Pigeon comes with the offer, go for Pigeon instead of Prestige. Their service is easily accessible than Prestige.
Old 14th July 2011, 18:52   #2293
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, going back to the Convection MW oven discussion, need your help again

Based on the earlier responses to my post about the expensive convection MW ovens, I'm now planning to buy an OTG (for grilling and baking needs) and a MW oven primarily for re-heating. [We are vegetarians and a family of 4 adults, 1 child]. Questions:
1.Any specific features to look for in the OTG?
2.Any suggestions on OTG size/brand?
3.Any suggestions on MW size/type? (Solo Vs 10k'ish Convection type like what @Phamilyman is planning to buy)
Old 15th July 2011, 06:33   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV
Folks, going back to the Convection MW oven discussion, need your help again

Based on the earlier responses to my post about the expensive convection MW ovens, I'm now planning to buy an OTG (for grilling and baking needs) and a MW oven primarily for re-heating. [We are vegetarians and a family of 4 adults, 1 child]. Questions:
1.Any specific features to look for in the OTG?
2.Any suggestions on OTG size/brand?
3.Any suggestions on MW size/type? (Solo Vs 10k'ish Convection type like what @Phamilyman is planning to buy)
I bought the 104vd ( white ). This was the only failing with the otherwise nice whirlpool. ( attn vina)
When 9k gets u the whirlpool don't buy a solo. Big turntable means quick reheat. Small is only good enough for a couple. Don't penny pinch
Attached Images

phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:19   #2295
BANNED

IFB again

There is a joke in Malayalam - guy1 says "I did something wrong"; and guy2 says "no need to add the 'wrong' enough that you say 'you did something'; you always do it wrong".

My IFB is ...

kaput.

Yet again. After spending 6 K and more than couple of months of trouble free service (for first time ever after buying it).

Time to call the service center (no - not the IFB one - it never ran for 2 weeks when serviced by them).

I need to look up the exact dates, but if I do not post this rant now, I will go hopping mad.

Most Viewed